Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:05:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Announced
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Announced  (Read 4635 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »

Here's The Scoop

I'm probably the only one not too surprised by this. The ending to me screamed sequel potential, and as for the dual release yet again: both version seem to have their own seperate world, so it actually makes sense to produce two different versions for the sequel.
Still, for the first time in a long while, I'd much rather watch the movie version than actually play the games.=_= Though if I do get the game, at least I'll get the electric guy this time when I go with the Black version yet again.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »

I'll get one of the games day one if they come out in the US by the end of the year.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »

Why make a Pokemon Grey and when you can double the profit with a full-blown sequel in two more versions?  XD

Well, as much as Unova as a region bores me, I did like the story, so it will be nice to see if this brings N back into the fold and shows what he's up to. And it looks as if Reshiram and Zekrom have fused with that Kyuurem (I can't remember the spelling).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:12:02 PM »

For fucks sake.... I will never buy this, but commend Nintendo on their crafty marketing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »

I...what?

I don't know how I feel about this. I've never really enjoyed the 3rd version of any of the games, so I guess this is better.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »

I was hoping to see Pokémon Grey for 3DS at some point but I guess that's never going to happen. Welp, might have to get Pokémon Black/White later then.

Also these two look like Digimons (and that's quite awesome IMO).

For fucks sake.... I will never buy this, but commend Nintendo on their crafty marketing.

They have Japan and a huge part of the world (literally) by the balls.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »

So, apparently they just named the new Kyurem forms! Drumroll please.........Black Kyurem & White Kyurem! It just keeps on getting better and better...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 03:13:53 PM »

I have to say I am very happy by this news.

Last gen game freak put drill dozer on the gba 1 year after the ds launched.

This gen we get a brand new pokemon rpg sequel. I feel like its a step up
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »

To be honest; I probably won't buy this. The problem I've had with the Pokemon games, which has grown exponentially greater as the sequels have stacked on, is the number of 'useless' Pokemon. With the exception of Legendaries (they get a free pass because by their nature they really should be super powerful compared to other Pokemon) I find it absolutely ridiculous that so many are crap because of Type layering and inherent stat growth, not to even begin harping on the fact that unless it evolves even once it's pretty much worthless. In a game like this you really shouldn't be penalizing people this badly for using their favorites. So unless they do something to fix that I'm probably done with Pokemon as a whole. XP

FYI; this applies to single player as well, not just the multiplayer community. B/W had it's fair share of Pokemon I really, really wanted to use but couldn't because the stats were so bad it would faint if a Magikarp looked at it the wrong way. /exaggeration/ (*sigh* Alas poor Trubish...)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:26:51 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »

what I liked most about black white was the different type variations

they won me over with

water/ghost
earth/ghost
fire /ghost
fire /dragon
electric/dragon
ice/dragon
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »

That's weird. I used my favorites throughout the entire game and had no problems. Lucky I guess?

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »

Possibly. XD You might've all had favorites that were on the OU list.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »

its hard for me to be up in arms when pokemon has been on fire this gen
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »

Possibly. XD You might've all had favorites that were on the OU list.

I just checked the OU list, none of them are on there.:/ And I had very little trouble at all in this game. I beat the Elite 4 on my first try. Granted, I don't thing an of them were "worthless" either, but I did well just using my favorites. I switched around quite a few, too, right up until the end. In fact, I've always done well using my faves in Pokemon. And I know plenty of people who have done well with Trubbish, too. Not really sure what you're going on about, really.:/ Perhaps you could explain it a little more in depth, with more examples?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:31:26 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »

Oh geez do you have any idea how long it's been? XD Umm, let me look at a Pokedex and see if anything jumps out. I wasn't so much having difficulty with the game as I remember the ones I liked being huge pains in the butt to do anything with. Trubbish/Garbador was one of them. I remember Solosis and Duosion being very much glass-cannon like. Ferroseed and Ferrothorn couldn't attack worth beans and there was too much Fire in play for their defense levels to be of value. It's been way too long. >.<; It wasn't like a rage quit or anything. It was more a 'Eh...this is so not worth the frustration. Maybe later.' then 5 months later 'I never play this...*sells for credit*'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: