Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 07:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331351 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Announced  (Read 5524 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »

This gen we get a brand new pokemon rpg sequel. I feel like its a step up

You feel like it's a step up, to me this seems like pigeonholing now that you directly contrasted this. They're pretty good at creating platformers, it's a shame to have them stuck doing just ONE series period. Actually, it's a shame for most developers to be stuck on one thing unless it's the only thing they're good at.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »

Come on, thats a wee bit harsh. Game freak loves pokemon. Its what there passion is. And it just so happens to be a cash machine.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »

I believe that developers with talent should never stick to one franchise no matter how popular this franchise is.

If Kojima Productions was able to make Boktai, Zone of the Enders and having the balls to reboot Castlevania why not Game Freak could at least do a small downloadable game like Drill Dozer or Pulseman to see if they can sell those type of titles again with their reputation by doing ads saying "This is the next big thing from the creators of Pokémon kids and gentlemen!".

It could work, who knows right. :T
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »

well to be fair kojima has done nothing but metal gear for I believe at least 6 years now ( I could be wrong). They really arent the best example. Also they didnt actually develop the castlevania

Dont get me wrong. I could care less if they do other games. But if they present me with pokemon. I wont complain also
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »

Come on, thats a wee bit harsh. Game freak loves pokemon. Its what there passion is. And it just so happens to be a cash machine.

I AM operating under the idea they may have other ideas they want to pursue. If they seriously had nothing else then... well, probably for the best to be stuck to Pokemon, but I can't imagine the entire staff not having anything else they'd like to make.

Also: Kojima Productions only oversaw the Castlevania reboot, it wasn't really something they thought up themselves.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »

I noted the castlevania thing.

Also we should make a distinction

Gamefreak is just one dev team in the overall Pokemon company. Its literally a seperate company that nintendo is partnered with.

I think if you apply for a job at the pokemon company. You know what creatures youll be working with

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 11:18:13 PM »

I was going to mention Naughty Dog as another example but somehow I ended up putting Kojima Productions. Sorry.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »

i wouldnt even really say naughty dog is a good example of differentiation

Atlus japan would be a good one
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 11:25:23 PM »

Were I live is Summer and this heat is not letting me think!

Also Atlus Japan? Hm. I can see how that as an example, but I dunno...
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »

Well let me put it this way. What do you think of when you think of atlus japan?

Megaten right?

They created radiant historia this gen, etrian oddessy, nora, co developed some sting games, catherine.............

Alot more spreading of the wing.

Then they did the most genius thing you could do. Merge megaten with srpg to creative heaven.

but then again they arent named megaten company. They are atlus company.

I guess because pokemon is a billion dollar franchise they need there own independence......
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:31:19 PM by Matrix » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 11:57:23 PM »

Gamefreak is just one dev team in the overall Pokemon company. Its literally a seperate company that nintendo is partnered with.

Far as I can tell GameFreak is ALSO a separate company that works with Nintendo/the Pokemon Company. Probably more divorced than Nintendo is from the Pokemon Company actually, the latter exists mainly to manage and organize the brand. So, yeah, this is more like Kojima Productions or something.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 12:00:05 AM »

You are right. They are all seperate. But Game freak is the one that houses the pokemon originators so if I interviewed for them. I would assume pokemon is important.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 12:09:04 AM »

You are right. They are all seperate. But Game freak is the one that houses the pokemon originators so if I interviewed for them. I would assume pokemon is important.

I should point out I don't want them to abandon Pokemon or something. I'd just like if it didn't take 7+ years to put out a non-Pokemon game, and don't think variety being abandoned for more of the same is a "step up".
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »

I get where your coming from.

I think if you gave it a chance there might be variety within pokemon for you.

I mean you can get an srpg, an action rpg, a traditional rpg, a dungon crawler, ect. all from this gen.

We just have to accept game freak for what it is, and that is a pokemon company these days.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 03:10:14 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/11/pokemon-black-and-white-2s-new-trainers-and-rivals-hit-japan-in-june/

Derailing that terrible derail with an update. So this game's going for more of a Gold/Silver style sequel rather than just a glorified Grey version? Might actually be worth caring about (or not depending on whether they make the level curve ridiculous or not).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: