Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 08:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338610 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Ass. Creed III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Ass. Creed III  (Read 13805 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »

You guys are expecting a ton of accuracy for a game where you quantum leap it all over the place and dive into piles of hay from 300 feet up

fuck yeah

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »

You guys are expecting a ton of accuracy for a game where you quantum leap it all over the place and dive into piles of hay from 300 feet up

fuck yeah

http://youtu.be/6Q0znuk_5vk
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »

i've been listening to Ass music. Really good stuff.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »

fuck yeah

http://youtu.be/6Q0znuk_5vk

sweet, "titties" is historically accurate but even as the philandering guy he supposedly was i can't imagine ben franklin saying it.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »

I dunno, I always liked to think of Ben Franklin as incredibly vulgar for some reason. XD
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 09:57:44 PM »

I dunno, I always liked to think of Ben Franklin as incredibly vulgar for some reason. XD

well he did have a bastard son who rose pretty high in the ranks so i don't think he was totally innocent.

even though i can't imagine it i guess i'd like to see it. if i get to take ben or follow him to a brothel and hear him say titties i'll smile. i'll be stoked if i can steal washingtons wooden teeth too.

the other day i was reading about the sex lives of the founding fathers after posting my previous comment and i found that washington made himself available to several ladies he went 0-9 till he got married you'd think he'd be luckier then again wooden teeth.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »

So in case you haven't heard...

...and the 'fans' react pretty much as you'd expect these days.

No offense to the more sane people here who like the AC games but I'm actually hoping the dark horse wins here and ACIII gets canceled; if for no other reason just to punish the people who jump to attack someone without allowing due process to bring all facts of the matter to the table first.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 09:44:56 PM »

Yeah, gamers are fucktards. There's a reason the word 'entitled' and 'spoiled' are thrown around these days. Gamers are the reason why.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2012, 01:29:40 AM »

No offense to the more sane people here who like the AC games but I'm actually hoping the dark horse wins here and ACIII gets canceled; if for no other reason just to punish the people who jump to attack someone without allowing due process to bring all facts of the matter to the table first.

Wanting the game to get cancelled instead of the author getting a plump settlement pretty much puts you in the same category in my book.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2012, 03:11:56 AM »

Wanting the game to get cancelled instead of the author getting a plump settlement pretty much puts you in the same category in my book.

Edit: I won't deny there being some form of venom in my thinking. As a writer the idea of a group of individuals attempting to trash someone's hard work without having bothered to do an iota of reading of their victim's book is...disgusting. Taking the assumption that this individual actually put effort and soul into it; this spectacle is akin to watching a group of hooligans publicly molest someone against their will with the peanut gallery doing nothing in response.

In general though...

To me it has more to do with my own personal belief in the 'corporal discipline' approach. When a child has a hissy fit you spank it and put it in the corner for a time period for it to think about why it got punished and how to best correct it's behavior in order to avoid repeating said offending behavior in the future. Canceling a game over actions like this is pretty much as close as you can get in modern society. Continuing with the child metaphor it could also potentially spark a much needed tightening of community self-policing. In grade school there's always that small group of ill-mannered children that act out terribly whenever a 'If you all behave then something good will happen' scenario is presented by the authority figure. They act out, the others who actually behaved are denied the reward since the teacher treats the class as a unit rather than a group of individuals; then sudden said children find themselves not being played with or spoken to. At that point they either shape up or become social pariahs due to the community now supervising the behavior of the radical individuals in order to present a more well-behaved appearance as a unit.

Considering the 'gaming community's' behavior as a unit is very similar to that of pre-pubescent children; treating them as such for penalties might be just the swift kick in the pants they need to grow up a little.

Keep in mind I personally think the odds of said game being canceled are 'nonexistent' at best. Even if this individual has a leg to stand on the worst that'll happen to the producers is they'll have to cut him a check. I have severe doubts a singular individual can bring a project like this to a screeching halt. If in the remote chance he does you know the files will get leaked to the internet somehow and the game will exist in the pirate circles. Hell if they couldn't bury Cheetahmen 2 then no game can ever be kept from the gamers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:05:59 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »

There's a few flaws in your thinking, though.

First of all, by cancelling the game, you're punishing a huge number of people for something that 24 people did. That doesn't make sense at all. Secondly, the thing that these people did wrong, IMO, wasn't really that major. It was stupid, it was childish, but it's not like anyone's gonna die over it. The only thing this will do is generate a huge amount of sales of Link. His numbers are going to shoot through the roof.

Secondly, you seem to be taking offense "as a writer", against Ubisoft. Well, at least from the basic synopsis the article gave, the claims seem to be very dubious. You can't copywrite a theme, or even a group of themes. And you shouldn't be able to. Countless books utilize the same ideas and themes all the time, even the same mechanics. For instance, what sci-fi book these days doesn't have religious themes? The entire genre revolves around humans becoming godlike in some form and questioning their place in the universe. Also, the vast bulk of the work done for any book is in writing the prose. From my understanding, the prose of Link and AC have nothing to do with each other. So what about the Ubisoft writers who spent countless hours researching, pondering over, and penning the scripts? And IMO, the scripts in the series are all pretty solid. They're able to tackle big ideas without feeling horribly cheesy and cliche, and have quite a bit of fun. The Ubi writers deserve some credit for that.

Now, had whole chunks of the script been taken, verbatim, from Link, then the author would have a case. Had the term "Animus" been ripped from the book, then the author mght be entitled to a bit of compensation over the word.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »

Duke the guy a few sheckles and call it a day, I say
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 03:11:13 PM »

The thing that I found truly disappointing about Assassins Creed in general is the combat. You pretty much plough through everything. I only played ACII, but from what I've seen they all pretty much play the same way. The game hardly gives you any incentive to be stealthy.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »

The game hardly gives you any incentive to be stealthy.

Brotherhood and Revelations have a lot more missions where you either have to remain hidden to complete them, or it's an optional objective.

Anyway, I'm playing Revelations at the moment and what I'm hoping for most in III is for them to cut out the bloat that Brotherhood and Revelations added. Mediterranean defence, den defence, managing assassins, city renovations - none of these things are at all fun, all they serve is to artifically lengthen the games by making you spend a significant chunk of your time looking at menus. Focus on being an assassin, not a bureaucrat.
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 05:20:38 AM »

Anyway, I'm playing Revelations at the moment and what I'm hoping for most in III is for them to cut out the bloat that Brotherhood and Revelations added. Mediterranean defence, den defence, managing assassins, city renovations - none of these things are at all fun, all they serve is to artifically lengthen the games by making you spend a significant chunk of your time looking at menus. Focus on being an assassin, not a bureaucrat.

Gotta disagree, as I think many who played the original will. I could do without Mediterranean and Den defense, but the city renovations? DO NOT TAKE THOSE AWAY! I absolutely love the city renovation concept. I spend hours just tracking down all the locales and buying them.

Seriously, the original game was weak because it was too streamlined. That's what made ACII so much more of a complete game. At least, if they remove elements like that, they need to put in other things. I love RPGs because they have you do more than just plough through and fight things, maybe AC isn't exactly an RPG, but it offers that same kind of variety.

And part of the whole plot is that it's very political and all-encompassing. You ARE a bureaucrat, they can't remove that.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: