Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334552 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Ass. Creed III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Ass. Creed III  (Read 13189 times)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »

Well, the city renovations didn't bother me much in Brotherhood but they were made a chore in Revelations by making them an illegal action. That, and the removal of wanted posters, means that you spend too much time tracking down heralds. I was happy with how it was done in II, where you only had to renovate Monteriggioni rather than whole cities. I think the best compromise for cities would be to leave the landmark renovations in but have shops open from the start.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »

Ass Creed throws too much money at you to begin with.  I did like, even if somewhat pointless, things to spend it on.  And renovation and sort of "owning" parts of the city was kind of cool.  I liked that than none at all.  I do wish you could buy art work again, I love the hideouts but I love the classical references and seeing something other than weaponry at the bases.

I didn't like den defense in that it was a sort-of punishment for doing too many illegal acts (and you're an assassin, it's sort of an occupational hazard), and it got stressful at times too... but it was still an interesting adjunct to the game.  I just didn't like having all my territories in the cities going down one-by-one.  Not worth the effort by then.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39308399&postcount=1468

This guy on neogaf did some pretty good custom box art for all the AC games.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 01:00:24 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39308399&postcount=1468

This guy on neogaf did some pretty good custom box art for all the console AC games.

You got me thinking that the portable ones would get some love.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »

You got me thinking that the portable ones would get some love.

My bad.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2012, 03:24:49 AM »

or a full one

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2012, 05:30:40 AM »

"Easter Egg", found in Assassin's Creed III.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »

i just finished this last night i gotta say my favorite part was the naval battles. the crafting/convoy thing just seemed meh i didn't really upgrade my assassin recruits either over all i came away feeling like it was rushed and needed polish. still fun for most part, but i still think the second one is my favorite.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »

Is it me, or this game noticeably harder than the other games in the series? I'm loving it, but man, getting perfect on all the side objectives is really a challenge! Love it!

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »

Is it me, or this game noticeably harder than the other games in the series? I'm loving it, but man, getting perfect on all the side objectives is really a challenge! Love it!

i had a hard time with them cause i'd get hung up on random things while free running. i'd get frustrated cause i didn't know what would de-sync until it happened. i wish they did like the past where they'd tell you all the objective in a pop up menu first. i can't even tell you how many time i yelled in frustration in the last charles lee chase.
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2012, 02:50:19 PM »

Just finished it. Man, what a disappointing ending. Overall, I wasn't particularly thrilled with the game. I liked the story and setting, but things just never really seemed to get going. My big hope is that they were just setting up for another "Connor Trilogy", and I would have been much more satisfied with that. But the ending pretty much wraps up the series as it is. Sure, you could do another trilogy, but it would be completely different.

Stuff between Connor and Haythem was handled terribly at the end.

Code:
Just when it started to seem like Connor and Haythem might start to see eye-to-eye, and Haythem got really upset about Lee's burning the village, it devolves into "Oh, well, in the end, I just need to kill you anyway". I was really pissed off that things went in that direction. Haythem's philosophy made a lot of sense too. Suddenly I start to wonder whether the templars actually have the right idea. Just made Connor look like a naive idiot.

I love the Assassins Creed series, but sometimes they seem to purposefully obscure obvious plot points just for speculation. The Lucy killing left everyone going WTF, and they basically wait two games to say, "Oh yeah, I killed her because she was a templar... didn't you know that?" Am I the only one who has no idea where that came from?

ACIII really Harold's the end of the series in so many ways. I used to grab up all the games without question, but now, I'm sorta hoping they lay it to rest, because it could go downhill fast.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »

I love the Assassins Creed series, but sometimes they seem to purposefully obscure obvious plot points just for speculation. The Lucy killing left everyone going WTF, and they basically wait two games to say, "Oh yeah, I killed her because she was a templar... didn't you know that?" Am I the only one who has no idea where that came from?

They put Lucy's background story in the Lost Archive DLC for Revelations. Unfortunately, you have to play through more of the same nauseating first-person platforming minigame, only much more frustrating than the sequences in the main campaign. I gave up and watched the cutscenes on youtube instead.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2012, 05:09:40 PM »

I plan on playing..... eventually. Just need to get through Revelations first. :-P

Is anyone doing AC3 MP? I'm having a lot of fun with it on 360, even if I'm still trying out classes.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

They put Lucy's background story in the Lost Archive DLC for Revelations. Unfortunately, you have to play through more of the same nauseating first-person platforming minigame, only much more frustrating than the sequences in the main campaign. I gave up and watched the cutscenes on youtube instead.
Wow, that's low. Don't put major plot points in optional content and then fail to also summarize them in later installments, that's just poor storytelling.

Many games these days have a lot of trouble with obscuring plot points, or making them forgettable. I forget which game I played that had some major exposition given MID BOSS BATTLE, quickly, and behind loud battle SFX. Very stupid. I think Western developers are guilty of this a lot more, though. I think there's a sense that traditional games and jRPGs beat you over the head with plot points, but you can easily go too much in the other direction. AssCreedIII had several moments where I went, "wait... how was I supposed to know that?" I know there's a movement to try and blend storytelling with gameplay, but there is something to be said for making sure that the player is always in the loop.

I think the test is, "if the main character understands it, then so should I". If the plot is supposed to be purposefully confusing the main character, then that's fine. But if the main character is perfectly in the loop and the player is lost, then the storytellers have screwed up.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »

yeah the lucy thing seemed abrupt and left me confused too and the ac3 clean up dialog was insufficient. if given the decision in the end i'm not sure i would have done what desmond does.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: