Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 84229 times)

ZeronHitaro

Re: Tales of Graces F
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
I'm less impressed with character ages and more impressed that it only takes 2-3 hours for the protagonist to stop being a dick and become a responsible adult (so far). That's got to be some sort of modern JRPG record. XD

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
Besides Nier this will be my first real hardcore JRPG for this generation. Sorry, Demon's and Dark souls don't count

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 04:06:54 PM »

He he he he he he he... haaaa hahahahahahaaha!!!
Mischief brought you here and I love it.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Eusis

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »
Besides Nier this will be my first real hardcore JRPG for this generation. Sorry, Demon's and Dark souls don't count

They must pass some sort of threshold that goes beyond merely "hardcore". Or it's the fact they're not really standard JRPGs by any definition except RPG made in Japan, whichever.

Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 04:32:45 PM »
ive played so many I lost track

this is my 7th or 8th tales game this gen played

Lazlowe1984

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »
Just got it.Hope its good.

When Tales of Graces was first announced for Wii,I was hoping to bust out my Wii for this.Oh well.

Yggdrasil

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »

What did you say?

Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 05:48:48 PM »
this is better than wii version

ZeronHitaro

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 06:05:38 PM »
Five hours seems to be a good stopping place for today. Just got my official 'third' character. So far I'm willing to buy the story but I'm smelling a 'I do believe in Time Lords' BS moment later down the road.

Ashton

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 10:28:25 PM »
Oh FUCK. The trophy list for this and Graces f Japanese are separate? There goes another 80 hours of my life...

Lucca

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 10:39:25 PM »
Oh FUCK. The trophy list for this and Graces f Japanese are separate? There goes another 80 hours of my life...

You COULD just say no, you know... ;)

Anyway, just got my copy. I'm amazed how skimpy the manual is. It's even worse than the Tales of Abyss one, and that's a feat. Good Job, Namco! :|

Ashton

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 10:40:47 PM »
My OCD demands satisfaction. :(

insertnamehere

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Spoony Mage

• I aim to misbehave and to please.
  • Shoot to kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2012, 01:07:51 AM »
I'm less impressed with character ages and more impressed that it only takes 2-3 hours for the protagonist to stop being a dick and become a responsible adult (so far). That's got to be some sort of modern JRPG record. XD

Even as a little brat, I'm finding Asbel far more likable than, say, Luke ever was.  That disturbs me far more than it should.

Didn't get too far in the Childhood arc before having to go to work.  I plan on rectifying that tonight.  I'm still trying to get used to the battle system, which is a lot of fun.  Another night with no sleep?  Bring it on!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:23:13 AM by Spoony Mage »
Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!

Tomara

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2012, 04:08:22 AM »
Even as a little brat, I'm finding Asbel far more likable than, say, Luke ever was.  That disturbs me far more than it should.

Yeah, but Luke was supposed to be an annoying brat. Plus, I think many people would have reacted the same way if they were in his situation.

Asbel... I'm not sure yet. All I know right now is that I don't like his main outfit. It's like Final Fantasy drank too much and pucked all over him. Actually, that's how I feel about a lot of the designs. Too many (mismatched) colours, too many buckles, too many ribbons... There's just too much going on.