Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 12:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334507 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 38015 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »

Well, a quick use of the search bar shows the only topic about this to be about 3+ months old and more about the release announcement than the game itself so...with 12 days to go let's spark up a new thread. So, who all's getting this day one? *raises hand* I really haven't been much into the Tales series to be honest. I beat Symphonia ages ago and tried to play Abyss but I think I only got about halfway through before it fell off my radar entirely. I really like the character designs in this one so I figured it would be a decent place to try jumping back on the boat. So, avoiding the usual spoiler shenanigans I'd probably find on Google, Wikis, GameFAQs, ect. I ask here: What sorta ride should I be expecting? XD
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »

The gameplay was incredible if the demo is anything to go by. I preordered the game the other day, so I'll be getting it pretty much day one. I really can't wait.=)

As for what you can wair for...all I know is that it has good gameplay that's good enough to pull through despite the lackluster story. Even the demo I played gave off a strong sense of raw cheese. The premise at least is just standard "friendship saves the day" type stuff, and the characters seem very tropey. Hopefully they're at least very likeable despite that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:47:27 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:09:03 PM »

Let me just say that the gameplay was good enough for me to completely ignore the incredibly generic and boring story.

It takes A LOT for a game to do that with me.

lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:58:23 AM »

Pre-ordered at gamestop.

This series really need help from fans.  It seems that future localizations really depend on the sales of this game so tales fans no excuse anymore buy it.  The game looks awesome and looking forward to play it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 01:50:03 AM »

I really should pre-order this.  Gamestop is the only place offering some sort of pre-order bonus, though...and I hate Gamestop.

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 03:17:22 AM »

No PS3. D:

But I love this series so much. Might buy one just to support it, get a PS3 down the line, yadda yadda.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 03:31:16 AM »

Preordered the other day.  I'm with the OP; I beat and enjoyed Symphonia a while back, but got halfway through Abyss before I gave up.  Apparently, I like cheese in my stories and character tropes so gameplay and story wise, it should please me if what I've hear through the grapevine is true.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 09:09:20 AM »

Will the Wii version be getting an English localization?
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »

No. Most likely not.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:45 AM »

Damn, I had no idea this was so close! March 13th! I've enjoyed the few tales games I've played, but no way will I be getting this anytime soon. Horrible timing with ME3 next week and Xeno a month later. I wonder if I'll ever get around to playing this.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »

No PS3. D:

But I love this series so much. Might buy one just to support it, get a PS3 down the line, yadda yadda.

I am gonna pick up an X-Box myself just for Vesperia sometime down the road... as for Graces F, you bet I'll be all over this one the day of release! The gamestop pre-order bonus is sort of cool too for longstanding fans of the series.... If I'm not mistaken its a bunch of alternate costumes from earlier titles main cast.

I really should pre-order this.  Gamestop is the only place offering some sort of pre-order bonus, though...and I hate Gamestop.

Gamestop is bitter sweet.... you can't beat some of their deals for platinum members though... I just got Shadow Hearts, La Pucelle Tactics and Legend of Heroes for 30 buck during their leap year pre-owned sale the other day....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »

I just wish I had alternatives. Gamestop (AKA EBgames) bought like almost every shop here =/
It's either Gamestop or Futureshop/BestBuy... nothing else left.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:58:33 PM by Annubis » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »

As much as I wanted to I think I'll skip this one, at least at launch.
I know the battle system may be fun but the characters don't seem interesting. After my disappointment with Star Ocean 4 which also had a good battle system but the characters were so annoying I couldn't for the life of me watch another cutscene.

I'll probably wait for opinions here on the forums then I'll get it, maybe in July.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »

Day 1
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »

Day 1

Yoda also apparently owns a three-dollar bill.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:55:59 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: