Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 38393 times)
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »

Day One

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 07:43:23 PM »

The question is, will this game be in the bargain bin in a few months or will it be impossible to find in a few months...I could honestly see it going either way.

Thing is, even if I buy it now I'm not going to play it for a while (I gave myself a moratorium on gaming until I finish my dissertation...).

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »

I haven't seen a copy of Vesperia for aaages.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »

Whoops, I was in the wrong topic. My bad.

Anyway, there's that distinct possibility of Graces F being hard to find later on, yes.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 10:52:43 PM »

The question is, will this game be in the bargain bin in a few months or will it be impossible to find in a few months...I could honestly see it going either way.

Being a modern console release I imagine the former is more likely, it sounds like it's easy/cheap/quick enough to reprint if there's desire, which there's more of in general these days, in contrast to handheld cart games where it can be a problem. With that said, I lucked out and pre-ordered on Amazon for $40, and it's not likely to get much cheaper than $30 outside of blink-and-you'll-miss-it sales.
I haven't seen a copy of Vesperia for aaages.

It's still on Amazon, albeit not sold through them. It's also on Games on Demand, so if Namco's smart and puts this on PSN at the end of the year or something then it's irrelevant whether or not it becomes hard to find.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »

It's still on Amazon, albeit not sold through them. It's also on Games on Demand, so if Namco's smart and puts this on PSN at the end of the year or something then it's irrelevant whether or not it becomes hard to find.
I thought everybody pretty much gives up at this point on the ps3 vesperia localization?  It's bamco after all.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 12:27:31 AM »

He meant ToGf, I think.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 12:30:11 AM »

I thought everybody pretty much gives up at this point on the ps3 vesperia localization?  It's bamco after all.

It's been years, and this isn't like the Metal Gear Solid 3 re-release where the updates really make a huge difference. If you have a 360 and want Vesperia just get the game there already.

He meant ToGf, I think.

I'm not really sure why he even brought it up actually. I responded on ToGf, then responded to Dice's bit about Vesperia availability, and he brings up the PS3 port. Guess people just won't give up there.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »

^Hope is the last thing that dies man.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »

I'd save that hope for something like getting games we never got than a modestly updated version of a game we DID get.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 12:41:29 AM »

Yep, that's why I keep that hope saved to see more Falcom games over here.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 12:43:37 AM »

My brain short circuited... Yeah I still have hope..

Edit: to made it clear, I do own both the 360 version and jpn ps3 version, but it still would be nice to play it again on the ps3 in English.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:46:00 AM by lavarock » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 12:44:18 AM »

Hell, I'd save it for other Tales games. Rebirth sounds like it's pretty fun even if it has a stupid story, though it does sound like Graces is the best effort from that team.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 12:48:46 AM »

Actually, ToR's story is one of the better Tales stories. It's sufficiently dark to realistically portray the racism they comment on instead of the ridiculous scenes in say, Tales of Symphonia.

Gameplay wise, though, I think Team Destiny peaked with Tales of Destiny remake and Tales of Hearts, in terms of 2D games.

Count

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 01:24:29 PM »

Destiny 2's battle system was pretty fun as well from what I recall from it (Even though the story was pretty lackluster), then again I find it pretty hard for Team destiny games to not have a fun battle systems.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: