Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 09:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337939 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 39342 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2012, 08:19:03 AM »

Try something about Nall. That's a big one.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »

Also in terms of Lunar: Eternal Blue

Code:
Althena is totally dead, baby.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »

Favorite location is Fendel.The whole vibe of the army reminds me of a certain cold 20th century armada.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »

Damn you guys and girls are fast, I'm just now into Strata, and I will say the game is getting better and better and better to me!

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2012, 02:37:47 AM »

I'm around Fendel too and I notice more and more that the game has some pacing issues.
Still, the game is so good, I spent 12 hours on it today ^^;;
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:41:53 AM by Annubis » Logged
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:25 AM »

What bothered me most is that it grabs you by the hand and drags you through the storyline. You don't get the time to really explore until right before the final dungeon. Even if you decide to go off the suggested path, the game is all like 'no, you shouldn't go that way' and forced you to turn around.

And it's not like the given path always makes sense.
Code:
"Oh no, she's hurt! Let's go all the way to the farthest port away from this location, put her down on icy ground and stand around looking worried!" Yeah, sure, that port was near the next destination, but they didn't know that. I didn't know that. Only the writer knew.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2012, 03:04:30 AM »

So....

-Fought Evil Richard
-Fought Evil Green Goth Woman (naw, she DOESN'T LOOK EVIL)
-Yay!  End of Chapter
-If Sophie wanted to die to solve the Lambda issue, she shoulda... Stupid fucking Asbel

-Coordinates!!  ooH!!
-Suspicious island! 
-Check! There's something there.
-Subevent, gotta kill a cyborg kid before he blows up!!! AUGH!
-Too late, he blew up, several thousands in damage, party dead.
-Last save?  ...back at step one... ;_____;

I found Richard pretty easy... but Emeraude was a real dick to face and only got through it with 3 mages (Sophie was doubling as attacker/healer).  Hubert... I don't know if I like him or hate him as a character.  Much to my dismay, Pascal is usually out... her artes like putting her too close to the enemy...which, for a mage with dick-all HP/def to begin with is a disastrous combination.  Malik and Cheria are always in.  Sad with Cheria, she gets the worst battle victory quotes.... Malik's are dead-pan and hilarious... subbing in for the sad loss of Pascal.

I reaaallly don't like the dungeons in this game.  Look waay too much alike.  The whole cocoon bit got me far more lost than I should have been.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2012, 03:47:40 AM »

Code:
I found Richard pretty easy... but Emeraude was a real dick to face and only got through it with 3 mages (Sophie was doubling as attacker/healer).  Hubert... I don't know if I like him or hate him as a character.  Much to my dismay, Pascal is usually out... her artes like putting her too close to the enemy...which, for a mage with dick-all HP/def to begin with is a disastrous combination.  Malik and Cheria are always in.  Sad with Cheria, she gets the worst battle victory quotes.... Malik's are dead-pan and hilarious... subbing in for the sad loss of Pascal.

That fight gave me a lot of trouble as well. I even used an divide-all, because I didn't want to lose my progress!

I think Hubert is one of those characters that becomes more likable once he starts interacting more with the other characters. Hubert + Pascal = win. Add Malik to the sidelines and... well, those were some hilarious skits! Skits that probably shouldn't be in a T-rated game...
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »

I find a lot of bosses are problematic because the AI doesn't know how to deal with them.
Case in point, the boar boss. Near the end when he starts going underground...

AI:
Oh, he's diving, meaning he's gonna pop from the ground and pound me for 500-1000 damage. I should just run around.
*SMACK*
*dead*

Player:
He's diving, time to block and lower that to 100-200.
*tock*
*counter with B-artes combo*
*put blade back in scabbard and heal everything he just did*

Needless to say, after 10 Life Bottle I gave up keeping the AIs alive and just soloed the last part.
Same thing happened with the 2 flying bug thingy bosses. The big explosion AoE they do, I ran out of, the AIs kept sticking to them like glue and dying =/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:07:59 PM by Annubis » Logged
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »

One of the reasons I dislike Cheria. She has a great selection of spells, but she never gets her priorities right. Cheria also loves to stop casting for no good reason.

Sophie's AI seems to be rather good though. She's good at staying alive despite being so frail. Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge...

Pascal's moveset doesn't suit her def/HP, but she gets a lot better in the future arc thanks to her magic barrier thing. Hubert's a glass canon, but I like him because of his post-battle quotes. Malik... I dunno. Never paid much attention to him even though he's in my team most of the time. He does some decent damage and his HP prevents him from becoming overly suicidal. My only complaint is that he tends to use his mystic arte too early. Wait until the time is nearly up, damnit!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »

Cheria is pretty much a must on higher difficulties in Zhonecage, unfortunately.  

An oh lord, if you think the AI is bad during the main game, you're going to be screaming at the post-game content.  There were a few times I literally shook my head in disgust when they got themselves killed immediately after being revived.  I mean, there's not much you can do when enemies start hitting for 2,000 damage even on normal mode, but it's still annoying.

I'm finding Malik's ability to stunlock very, very useful.  His high HP is nice as well.

Asbel is great because of flexibility. Also, Incineration Wave is wonderful.

Hubert is very strong, but don't let the AI play as him; he's too fragile.  Enemies sneeze and he falls over. Asbel is the better choice for the AI - even if you'll get more by controlling him yourself.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:51:46 PM by Cyril » Logged
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »

Holy shit, the Kurt fight o_O

EDIT: hahaha, the after fight is so stupid.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:02:48 PM by Annubis » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »

...the game has some pacing issues.

This and general writing issues. I've kinda lost my drive to play Graces F after the whole Rockgagong incident. For all the quirks the story had due to it's rating and forced theming it actually was kinda working for me.

Code:
Then it's all "OMG! Good luck charm!" Every other dialog conversation until that highly convoluted escape. 

I...really can't take the narrative seriously anymore and am afraid to progress as I'm pretty sure it's only going downhill from here.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »

An oh lord, if you think the AI is bad during the main game, you're going to be screaming at the post-game content.  There were a few times I literally shook my head in disgust when they got themselves killed immediately after being revived.  I mean, there's not much you can do when enemies start hitting for 2,000 damage even on normal mode, but it's still annoying.

I beat those three dragons, that counts at post-game content, right? I guess you could access them earlier (I challenged them before taking on the final boss of the main storyline), but that's a pretty bad idea. Cheria was infuriating. She had one task during those battles and that was saying save and reviving the other two AI-controlled characters. She fail miserably. That fire dragon even forced me to use and elixir because I ran out of life bottles! Stupid Cheria making me change my item hoarding habits...

Haven't tackled the optional dungeon yet and I don't know if I want to.

Insert Quote
Holy shit, the Kurt fight o_O

EDIT: hahaha, the after fight is so stupid.

That guy was a really bad Black Jack cosplayer. He didn't even get the scar right!
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

Damn you guys and girls are fast, I'm just now into Strata, and I will say the game is getting better and better and better to me!

Don't worry my man, your ahead of me and I've been playing since it released.... as much as I would love to marathon the hell out of it, I have to marathon the hell out of some art first to pay my bills....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: