Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:16:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329314 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 36104 times)
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »

So has anyone managed to play Magic Carta minigame yet?  Considering i had not much of a problem on Easy or Normal but Hard mode on the other hand....
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »

So has anyone managed to play Magic Carta minigame yet?  Considering i had not much of a problem on Easy or Normal but Hard mode on the other hand....

Abuse the Pause function. Pause every second until you find the card you're looking for, then immediately go for it. That should do it.

I beat those three dragons, that counts at post-game content, right? I guess you could access them earlier (I challenged them before taking on the final boss of the main storyline), but that's a pretty bad idea. Cheria was infuriating. She had one task during those battles and that was saying save and reviving the other two AI-controlled characters. She fail miserably. That fire dragon even forced me to use and elixir because I ran out of life bottles! Stupid Cheria making me change my item hoarding habits...

Haven't tackled the optional dungeon yet and I don't know if I want to.

It's the enemies that start hitting that hard, not the bosses.  And the first few floors of the optional dungeon are relatively easy, you should be fine for them if you beat the Dragons.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2012, 11:31:17 PM »

Where do you play that game?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »

Sable Izolle.  You get the Vesperia costumes from winning without your opponent getting any points.

you need 10, 20, and 25 Cards to play the game on the various levels.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:47:02 PM by Cyril » Logged
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2012, 01:34:51 AM »

Saw the skit with Pascal in Fendel with Sophie in the apartment.Simply incredible

I decided to do some free exploring before I continue with the story and pursue some side quests.Strangely enough some side quests were intriguing like meeting a certain madman.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2012, 02:05:32 AM »

I realized I am in the last dungeon of the main arc.

I know I'm not a story player... but a damn shame when even the characters aren't up to snuff.
Everything felt too sudden, and no moment felt too important because characters had so little worth making them someone to connect with.  I think they pushed the groan-worthy "friendship chats" for too long and too hard.  I'm playing this along Abyss, and Graces' cast chemistry, politics, hell even the made up sci-fi science are seriously a step back.

The dungeons have to be a new low in the series as well.  Block moving and switch hitting puzzles are...the *only* innovative element, aren't they??  What a disgrace.  Phantasia, the first fucking title in the series, did way more than this.

The battle system is great and definitely what keeps me coming back, and yeah, I play games for that, but so much else is lacking you can't help but notice.

This game is in a strange middle-way, for one good it does, it does another just the opposite. 
But, I will say that it will be hard to abandon the CC system and go back to TP.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2012, 02:51:18 AM »

You're speaking a tad bit too soon about the puzzles.  The final dungeon has a few good ones, and did you go to the Sandshroud Ruins?  There's a really long puzzle there that has to do with colors and switches and paths.  It's like those light puzzles from Snowshroud, but more complex.

The Future Arc dungeons all have gimmicks of some sort as well.  Most of them are more annoying than "puzzling" though.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2012, 03:03:54 AM »

You mean the huge colour puzzle? That took me nearly an hour to solve! Great puzzle though.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2012, 03:12:31 AM »

The Sandshroud Ruins puzzle was fucking excellent. It just annoyed me that one misstep reset your entire process. Really annoying.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »

It's kinda of annoying that the one puzzle revolves coloured blocks time and time again -- but okay, I'll look forward to it. :P

Actually, quick Q.  I think I may have missed it by this point...  Why in the world was Hubert given up for adoption??? 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:40:41 AM by Dice » Logged

Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »

Sable Izolle.  You get the Vesperia costumes from winning without your opponent getting any points.

you need 10, 20, and 25 Cards to play the game on the various levels.

Oh and just to warn you it's easier if your start it as soon as you get 25 cards you need at least a 6 combo to win without the computer scoring any points.  Any more than 25 cards.... and you will have a very hard time with the game in hard mode.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:10:49 AM by Tridius » Logged
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »

Actually, quick Q.  I think I may have missed it by this point...  Why in the world was Hubert given up for adoption???  

There's a short sidequest you can do for it, but you might have missed it.  Maybe not, though.  I think it's in one of the optional Inn Requests in Lhant.  There are actually a few sidequests and side events you can do that elaborates on the Lhant family.  There's a really sweet one right at the start of the future Arc, for example.

It's pretty much what you'd expect.
Code:
Obviously, there can only be one Lord of Lhant.  Aston, Asbel and Hubert's father, also had a brother.
His brother was bitter that Aston became Lord and ran away; he was eventually killed and their relationship was never mended.
Aston did not want that hatred to persist between his sons, and, given Asbel was firstborn, he got to stay.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »

Dealing with the ray cannon right now.Weird puzzle in the snowfield.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2012, 05:32:27 PM »

I don't usually do DLC but new costumes excite me.... for anyone curious, there are some pretty neat looking school outfits available this week.... why couldn't they make this stuff in game secrets, damnit...... DLC feels like cheating.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: April 01, 2012, 12:49:34 AM »

I decided to beat the main arc after I realized I missed the...ONE....MISSEABLE...REQUEST.... (which, to me, is a bigger tragedy than missing..like 5 of them*).

There was something awesome about seeing the final, emotive speech by Asbel as he's get a watermelon on his head.

Anyways, here's something I drew a while back, forgot about, but became relevant again while flipping through bucketphoto.

*it's kinda like not making the A-grade timed mission by 0.7 seconds...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: