Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327864 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 35365 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2012, 05:20:19 PM »

I have a hunch the Japanese have a cultural 'We don't find this funny...pffft!' weakness for pissed pants like Britain does over farting humor.

A little piss here and there I can tolerate.... though its not really funny and I too felt for Hubert..... but fart jokes.... well I have no time for fart jokes... no sir, I don't like em.... in fact typing the word "fart" makes me feel funny..... I prefer to pretend flatulence does not exist personally....

But back on topic..... As fir the kids thing, I didn't mind it.... but that was cause I knew it would end- LoL! But did anyone else get a funky "this remind me of Breath of Fire 2 vaguely" sort of vibe after completing it? I don't know.... probably just me....

I am 40 some hours in and absolutely love this game.... I really think its my favorite Tales title yet.... Whats really shocked me, it being a tales game and all, is how in love I've fallen with the cast... In most of the other tales games they were an afterthought collectively, save a few particular characters sprinkled throughout, in the wake of awesome gameplay..... But I really love em  and their interactions in this one! Like quite honestly Richard, Hubert, Sophie and Pascal are all just completely worth writing home about.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

I am 40 some hours in and absolutely love this game.... I really think its my favorite Tales title yet.... Whats really shocked me, it being a tales game and all, is how in love I've fallen with the cast... In most of the other tales games they were an afterthought collectively, save a few particular characters sprinkled throughout, in the wake of awesome gameplay..... But I really love em  and their interactions in this one! Like quite honestly Richard, Hubert, Sophie and Pascal are all just completely worth writing home about.
Wait, really? Tales characters, while fitting into idiotically generic anime archetypes, have always taken center stage. I don't think there are many other series that can match the character interactions and relationships Tales characters do.

Anyway, yeah. On the basis of gameplay alone, Graces f is one of the best in the series. Shame about the music though.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »

WOW, simply WOW
Code:
Kurt
just kicked the absolute shit out of my entire party in a matter of seconds, yes, seconds, not minutes even!

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »

Wait, really? Tales characters, while fitting into idiotically generic anime archetypes, have always taken center stage. I don't think there are many other series that can match the character interactions and relationships Tales characters do.

Anyway, yeah. On the basis of gameplay alone, Graces f is one of the best in the series. Shame about the music though.

Funny thing is I love generically idiotic anime-LoL

I don't know though.... for as much as I've loved the Tales games, the casts always proved forgettable to me.... I actually didn't like any of the Abyss cast at all to be honest... As I said a few exceptions stick out in my mind throughout the years, but none I really fell in love with. I guess I should have been more specific, as its the characters themselves I found mundane... the interactions and cast development was probably their only saving grace with me in prior installments.

Though I must admit... I did always think Kratos was pretty bad ass.... and its been too long for me to recall Tales of Eternia (once I finish graces F, that is getting another playthrough)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: April 08, 2012, 07:04:34 PM »

Funny thing is I love generically idiotic anime-LoL

I don't know though.... for as much as I've loved the Tales games, the casts always proved forgettable to me.... I actually didn't like any of the Abyss cast at all to be honest... As I said a few exceptions stick out in my mind throughout the years, but none I really fell in love with. I guess I should have been more specific, as its the characters themselves I found mundane... the interactions and cast development was probably their only saving grace with me in prior installments.

Though I must admit... I did always think Kratos was pretty bad ass.... and its been too long for me to recall Tales of Eternia (once I finish graces F, that is getting another playthrough)
Huh. I've ever seen anyone claim the Tales casts were forgettable. Stock, yeah. Archetypal, sure! Hateable, even. But forgettable? Odd... stuff like this is hard to forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyYi-OMFNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNebKr__Dqg

But to each his/her own, I guess. I just never heard someone say that. :P

Also, his cutscene made me laugh harder than I thought possible: "Lets blow this popsicle stand and go have some real fun"

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: April 08, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LH46n_C-cs&list=PL92A4721AB4DFBA0D&index=58&feature=plpp_video

One of my favorite ones.  Yeah, never heard of bad things about characters, they're all so quirky usually there's one "flavour" someone will like.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2012, 04:30:44 AM »

"I can't believe you're trying to undress a soldier in his thirties! How could you?!" is something I find myself saying a lot to myself while playing games lately.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2012, 07:25:38 AM »

of the tales games ive played not including the 3 radiant mythologies games the only one that had a forgettable cast for me was vesperia. i like characters like farah,tear,anise,presea,raine,jade,luke,zelos and sheena and vesperia lacked anyone like that.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2012, 08:01:25 AM »

I honestly can't see what Jade and Farah have in common...

The Vesperia cast is one of my favourites. I like games with a smaller group of playable characters (yeah, I prefer the less fancy version without the loli pirate, sue me) and the pet not being annoying was a plus as well. Out of all the Tales characters, these were the ones I wouldn't mind hanging out with in real life. Probably because they don't have that many issues. I mean, sure, some of them do, but still... Well, atleast he looks good in uniform.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »

they arent alike but vesperia cast is just so boring to me. rita had potential but she melts fast. i thought judith might have potential as a sheena clone but she is way to laid back and thats boring  as well.

from what ive read around the internet the prime reason people like vesperia is because of yuri. and the event critical to that just had no effect on me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:21:57 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Emonzaemon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »

they arent alike but vesperia cast is just so boring to me. rita had potential but she melts fast. i thought judith might have potential as a sheena clone but she is way to laid back and thats boring  as well.

from what ive read around the internet the prime reason people like vesperia is because of yuri. and the event critical to that just had no effect on me.

Yuri and Rita were the best characters in the game, but I think Raven was a close second.  That said I think you have a point, their personalities kind of burn out.  They have moments, but they are not sustained throughout the game.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2012, 06:51:20 PM »

Rita was a fucking terrible character. Her entire spiel consisted of whining about Blastia and being disproportionately violent towards other people.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2012, 07:33:38 PM »

Vesperia's cast is my favorite and I loathed Rita as well. They just went way too far on her character.

Same with Pascal, though.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2012, 12:02:44 AM »

I always liked Mint from Phantasia. Which, really, is odd because the Phantasia characters aren't really very exciting at all.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »

Rita was a fucking terrible character. Her entire spiel consisted of whining about Blastia and being disproportionately violent towards other people.

Yeah, I never got the Rita love...  I liked some of her "sass" (e.x.; "blah blah blah" is an awesome spell chant if I've ever heard one), but I think  I'm tired of the idea of "mad [15 yrs old] geniuses!!!".

I thought Raven could have been handled better as well.  He was good, but could have been milked for a few chuckles more (loved the skit that shows his reaction to Judith in a bathing suit).

I liked Estelle and Karol a lot more than I thought I would on the other hand.  Estelle was sweet, earnest, and I liked that "book smart" aspect (which was made a "quirk" when her street-smarts were extremely lacking). Karol was just hilarious, that kind of scared act was charming because he was really bright to make up for it; but he also tried really hard.  He's an easy target to tease, and I love the fact that the cast actually did tease him (c'mon, the girly outfit? amazing!).

The Biggest flaw? 
Anyone remember what the point of Duke or the Adaphagos was?
Yeah... me neither.

Flaming: I liked Eternia's bland cast myself.  I actually thought Meredy was sweet, and I loved Reid for being lazy.  And Max for his trademark line.

PS: Arche fucks like a tiger.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: