Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 35444 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2012, 04:40:14 AM »

I just wanted to post this, I found it somewhere and it's honestly hilarious:

Tales of Graces f prologue, abridged:

<Hubert> Waaaah! I'm afraid of going to see the flowers!
<Asbel> Shut up and come drink this water so I can make sure it doesn't have any parasites or anything...
<Hubert> WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
<Asbel> Holy crap it's a hot chick!
<Sophie> D'aaaaaaaahhhhhh Butterflies!
<Asbel> Silly woman, cliffs are for garbage. Let's get you home to my bedroom...
<Cheria> You rat bastard! You took crybaby out to see the flowers and left me at home with grandpa then come back with a <developmentally challenged> sex doll?!?
<Asbel> Damn stra..... (Hubert whispering in ear) er... here! I got you a flower!
<Aston> You disobeyed me again and came back with a <developmentally challenged> sex doll? We're taking her to the cops and your ass is grounded!
<Asbel> Screw the grounding! I'm rich! C'mon Asthma Girl, Crybaby, Hot chick, we're gonna go find you some character development!
<Asbel> Wow sugart*ts! You're really responsive!
<Cheria> You know... I can be submissive too...
<Asbel> Abracadabra, shut the hell up B****! Hey Sophie, where'd you go?...
<Aston> ...so you snuck out, brought the crybaby, asthma girl, and the <idiot> on a long journey through monster infested areas Why?!?!? Cheria nearly died!!! You are SO grounded!
<Asbel> Screw the grounding, I'm rich! Take that Hitchcock!
<Aston> You snuck out with asthma girl and crybaby so you could kill a bird.... That is f-ed up Asbel. Stay the hell away from Richard...
<Asbel> (Say it with me) Screw the rules! I'm 11! C'mon bubblebut, let's get some Dick!
<Aston> So you kidnapped the heir apparent so he could nearly get assassinated and then let him fall off a damn cliff... We called out the national guard for this!!! You are NOT to leave your room do you hear me?!?
<Asbel> (I'm sorry.. it's what happens though) Screw the rules! C'mon sexpot, we're going to the capital to get Dick.
<Aston> OMFG you little s***! You snuck out AGAIN, went on monster infested roads AGAIN, and came to a large city all by yourself so you could kidnap Richard AGAIN?!? Don't you f-ing DARE leave this inn. When we get back to Lahnt so help me...
<Asbel> (Really Asbel???) Screw the Rules! C'mon sweetcheeks, asthma girl, crybaby, we're going through a monster filled cavern to get Dick!
<Aston> Ya know what Asbel? I'm not even mad any more. I've come full circle. Your idiot friend is dead. You, Cheria, and Hubert were greatly wounded, it's a miracle that ANY of you survived... I've sent Hubert away to protect him from your stupidity and in hopes that there won't be a succession battle when I die. Now PLEASE, for the love of god, will you settle down so I can train you to be Lord of Lahnt?!?
<Asbel> Screw you guys, I'm going to Knight school!
<Cheria> You're taking me though right?
<Asbel> Do-lalalalalalalalah...
<Cheria> F*** you Asbel =(
<Asbel> Listen up Knight School. I wanna be a Mystic Knight and I won't take No for an answer!!!

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »

The more I think about it, the more unfair it seems that Hubert was the one that was sent away. If it had been me, I'd have sent Asbel to the Knight Academy (and maybe let him come home for the holidays) and raised Hubert to be the next lord. I mean sure, normally it's the eldest son that takes over, but this would have made both sons happy and it would have had political advantages as well. Having a high ranking knight in your family (who also happens to be BFFs with the future king) is not a bad thing.

Oh well, you can't be a RPG hero if you aren't a brat with shitty/dead parents!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »

Nah, I think Aston not sending Asbel to the Knight Academy was a better choice.  Young Asbel obviously had his head in the clouds, he was an immature child (who isn't at that age?), and still hadn't even when the arc ended.  Give him three or four more years and he would have matured into a fine lord and accepted his duty. The child does not always know what's best for them; it's up to the parent to make the long term decisions.

Part of the point of the first half of the game is to show that Asbel going to the Knight Academy made him physically stronger, but did not develop him in other areas. Meanwhile, every other character developed physically as well as emotional strength.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »

Part of the point of the first half of the game is to show that Asbel going to the Knight Academy made him physically stronger, but did not develop him in other areas. Meanwhile, every other character developed physically as well as emotional strength.

I don't agree. I was obviously a lot more mature after seven years at the academy. He no longer overestimated himself and accepted advice from his elders. Optimism and idealism are not bad traits and I think it's admirable he kept them. Did he continue failing at protecting everyone? Well, sure, but I think we call all agree the odds were against him.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:57 PM »

I just like how Asbel walks the path of self-destruction.

Code:
I especially like when he tells Malik that he too, if he had power alike Lambda, would have tried to destroy the world at one point in his life.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

Graces f was not in the Top 10 for game sales this month.  What will the future hold now I wonder.  Hopefully it still did well to justify more in the series... but... well I still got a lot of copies at work just sittin' there too.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »

Graces f was not in the Top 10 for game sales this month.  What will the future hold now I wonder.  Hopefully it still did well to justify more in the series... but... well I still got a lot of copies at work just sittin' there too.

I can hardly remember when a JRPG actually breached that that wasn't a Nintendo published DQ or FF, unless you count the From Souls games too.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »

I can hardly remember when a JRPG actually breached that that wasn't a Nintendo published DQ or FF, unless you count the From Souls games too.

True enough, I'm just worried about fickle Banco standards.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2012, 11:43:19 PM »

You can be sure Bamco will say that It did not meet expectations and as such they will carefully reconsider bringing future games to North America.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:48:20 PM by Annubis » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »

I dunno... Graces f and Abyss 3DS have been sold out EVERYWHERE. The reprints of Abyss on AMazon were gone in less than a week. Obviously they surpassed Namco's expectations.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:16 AM »

I dunno... Graces f and Abyss 3DS have been sold out EVERYWHERE. The reprints of Abyss on AMazon were gone in less than a week. Obviously they surpassed Namco's expectations.

Our store has a ton of Graces copies. xD

Interesting.  God I wish we reported sales the same way Japan does.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »

Instead you'd think these were military classified secrets given how much they guard that information.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2012, 01:10:04 AM »

Instead you'd think these were military classified secrets given how much they guard that information.

Ya damn yanks and yer pride.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2012, 03:41:41 AM »

Nah, they're much the same in Europe. Namco Bandai, I mean. A while ago, back when Tales of the Abyss was still painfully out of print, I inquired if there was a reprint scheduled. I made sure to mention my connections and introduce myself as a gamejournalist, but also mentioned that I was a big fan of the series. Zero response.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »

Got the platinum just yesterday. If you have any questions about it, go shoot. :p

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: