Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 03:43:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341291 Posts in 13948 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 40573 times)
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »

Here's what you do:

Take a picture of the whole thing when it first appears. When each turn comes around, remember the quote and pause the game, then use your photo as a reference. Trying to play it 'normally' is infuriating.

I see we won the same way LOL
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2012, 09:36:06 PM »

Here's what you do:

Take a picture of the whole thing when it first appears. When each turn comes around, remember the quote and pause the game, then use your photo as a reference. Trying to play it 'normally' is infuriating.

I was called "dishonorable" for using that method by the peeps at the Offishal Tales Forum.
I didn't give a fuck.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »

Here's what you do:

I was called "dishonorable" for using that method by the peeps at the Offishal Tales Forum.
I didn't give a fuck.
Well then people at the OFFISHUL Tales forum are a few fries short of a happy meal.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »

If anyone else is having trouble doing 'Last boss of Future Arc' in 60 seconds, try this:
Asbel + Cheria + Richard + Malik
Put a Malik Nakariri on Cheria and Richard.
Set them all to: Aggressive, B only, Never defend
Only Keep Culling Flare ON in the spell list.
Equip title that give +xx% critical to B artes.
With Asbel, keep her from moving.

I had a lot of trouble going lower than 90 seconds, but doing this shaved off an entire minute and I beat her in 36 seconds.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2012, 11:33:46 PM »

that one can be done in like 5 seconds by using the piggy back method, although that makes the challenges go away and may reduce your enjoyment in getting the trophy

For those that don't know:
1 Equip appropriate titles on Cheria/Hubert/Sophie (e.g. Cheria's Alluring Temptress)
2 Make sure there is at least half accel bar full
3 Put on book of solitude, book of audacity, book of enthusiasm, etc etc, i.e. all books that halves stats, set difficult to chaos
4 Go up to boss, let boss hit you (for close to 999999), immediately activate accel to cancel dying animation, hit back, boss dies.

This can be done for any boss after getting the accel mode.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:35:23 PM by lavarock » Logged
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2012, 12:31:50 AM »

That way is so boring.  I got my Future Arc under 60 seconds trophy as the last one before Platinum, so I waited until after I had cleared Zhonecage on Chaos mode.

It was an overkill, but a good finale, I suppose.  You could do it on Easy mode long before that.  I didn't use Malik, but instead controlled Richard and used him as my caster. He just spammed Shade Imperial over and over again and probably took off more than half of the boss HP by himself.

The key to doing it really fast is Hourglass items.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:34:06 AM by Cyril » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2012, 12:35:37 AM »

I just finished the main game a few minutes ago. Loved it! Though I'm glad there's an f arc; I thought the epilogue was pretty lacking. Looking forward to starting it sometime this afternoon or tomorrow.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2012, 12:42:37 AM »

Future Arc has the best skits.  Try to get them all.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »

Thanks for the tip! I love skits, so I shall!

OneeyedWilly25

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2012, 04:13:21 AM »

Please link to reviews you wrote if you want people to read it; this is a forum, not your personal writing site. Thanks.

-The management
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:38:11 AM by Ashton » Logged
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »

That way is so boring.  I got my Future Arc under 60 seconds trophy as the last one before Platinum, so I waited until after I had cleared Zhonecage on Chaos mode.

I think so as well.  It's a shortcut and not really needed.  It is also not OP because it can only be used for 2 60sec trophies in the first playthrough.

Please link to reviews you wrote if you want people to read it; this is a forum, not your personal writing site. Thanks.

What review? 

Speaking of reviews I am a bit disappoint that review of this game is not up yet a month after release.  Sad that mainstream media (ign/gamespot etc) ignoring and not reviewing this as well.  Oh well I guess the people that really want this game (fans) already bought it anyway.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:06:30 PM by lavarock » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: April 20, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »

What review?  Although I am a bit disappoint that review of this game is not up yet.  Sad that mainstream media (ign/gamespot etc) ignoring and not reviewing this as well.  Oh well I guess the people that really want this game (fans) already bought it anyway.
The poster posted a giant wall of text review, I truncated it.

Also, we have an import review up, from one year ago. We don't have a domestic review yet because we have been busy with other things.

lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: April 20, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »

Understandable as reviews takes time.  For tales game there is not much convincing needed, you either like them and buy them or never will. Was just hoping for more coverage that's all.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2012, 02:02:23 AM »

The win quotes when it's just the men in your party during the f arc are hilarious!

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »

I like the one where they attack Hubert for his incompetent Healing skills.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: