Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330118 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 36548 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2012, 02:44:03 AM »

I like the one where they attack Hubert for his incompetent Healing skills.

Yes! And the one where Asbel tries to get them to do the "We are awesome!" quote, but they all say different stuff. :P

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »

Doing some side quests before I tackle Ghardia Shaft (again), first attempt at it ended pretty miserably, lol

Everything's Eventual
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »

Anyway, itīs been some time since I last lurked around here... so ermm... whereīs there review of the game? someone must be reviewing it, isnīt it?
Not that it matters since I already bought the game, but exposure helps...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »

Doing some side quests before I tackle Ghardia Shaft (again), first attempt at it ended pretty miserably, lol

I too am tackling the side quests at the moment and let me just say..... sandshroud ruins puzzle? yea..... that sucked away an hour and fourty five minutes of my life... and I still needed a mapped out path even after I figured it out due to the mechanics of that final color puzzle so I could arrange the switches ahead of time and not screw myself...... Kudus to ToGF, as that proved to be the most challenging puzzle I've encountered in a long time.... and man I did not see that coming at all given how easy the earlier puzzles were....

I feel as though I've done enough to move on now but I like this game so much I'm tempted to FAQ-it to catch what I've missed.... I haven't felt like that about a game in awhile..... Even Xenoblade, by the end of it, I was so fetch-quested-out I could care less about what I was missing and just wanted to finish it....

EDIT: So I finally concluded I was through with all I could find on my own after hours of trying to figure out what to do with certain things in my inventory that didn't make sense to me.. decided to FAQ-it to see what I was missing..... much to my surprise, save a few town-item-requests, some titles I could care less about, a title for malik (I do care about missing although he was my least favorite character) and a swimsuit I didn't miss anything! That means it is time to off the main arc of this baby today!!!! Maybe this should be in the game journal.... oh well, I'll be heading over there once I am through.....

A FINAL WORD: I find it safe to say at this point that this is, by far, my absolute favorite PS3 exclusive title yet.... I can honestly say, in a world where the JRPG is becoming something....well.... something that is not quite as sacred as it once proved to be here in the west.... The Tales series has not disapointed me in the least... In fact, this month I'm gonna go buy an x-box just to play vesperia as its the only member of the franchise I've yet to indulge. Good stuff here, good stuff indeed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:07:05 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »

I'm sorry to double post... but seeing as how this post was more or less completely unrelated to my last and in the form of a question I need answerred I thought it more appropriate than doing a re-edit.... if this is improper forum conduct please forgive me :)

So I just beat the main arc and need some help....
Code:
After I beat the game I reloaded my last save and started the whole "zhonecage" thing before realizing that it was NOT future arc... So I went back to the title screen and picked lineage and legacies to start the future arc but am confused... which should I do first?? Chronologically speaking I suppose zhonecage right? But it was my understanding this is typically the last thing people do.... please... advice desperately needed before I get out of work at 2-4am later tonite or tonites gaming session could be totally compromised!-LoL... I'm really excited to do future arc as that is more story whereas zhonecage is just optional dungeon stuff, right??.... but then do I lose my shot at zhonecage..... so confused klyde is... so confused

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »

Future Arc first.  The enemies are much easier.  You use your Clear Save after you've beaten Future Arc for Zhonecage, so you keep your progress.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #306 on: May 01, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »

What Cyril said. Keep in mind it is still quite difficult though.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »

Anyway, itīs been some time since I last lurked around here... so ermm... whereīs there review of the game? someone must be reviewing it, isnīt it?
Not that it matters since I already bought the game, but exposure helps...

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Tales_of_Graces_F/

From last year.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: May 01, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »

John will be reviewing the domestic version of the game, but we have so much content that hasn't been posted yet (and more to come) that there hasn't been much time to fit it into our update schedule.

Rest assured, however, that it will be coming.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

I am working on it.  Actually beat the game, but I've been bogged down with scheduling E3 for the website.  Give me a week or so.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2012, 03:29:24 PM »

Future Arc first.  The enemies are much easier.  You use your Clear Save after you've beaten Future Arc for Zhonecage, so you keep your progress.

Thank you for clearing that one up for me :)

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »

I am working on it.  Actually beat the game, but I've been bogged down with scheduling E3 for the website.  Give me a week or so.

Did you get a review copy of the game pre-release?  I remember you guys used to pretty often, but it doesn't seem like the case much anymore barring a few titles here and there.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »

Did you get a review copy of the game pre-release?  I remember you guys used to pretty often, but it doesn't seem like the case much anymore barring a few titles here and there.

Interesting that you say that, as we've had release date reviews of FFXIII-2, Kingdoms of Amalur, Mass Effect 3, Risen 2, Disgaea 3 Vita, The Witcher 2 360, Xenoblade Chronicles, Devil Survivor 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, and Hakuoki, and that's just the first four months of this year.

What it comes down to is the publisher.  Namco Bandai did not respond to repeated inquiries about coverage for this title.  Which is unfortunate, seeing as they used an outsourced PR firm for Dark Souls and we had a great relationship there.   But for whatever reason, I couldn't even get the time of day for either Tales title, which is bizarre, considering our audience is pretty much directly the audience they're trying to get to buy their game. 

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »

Selective memory then, I guess.

Yeah, that's strange about Namdai considering RPGFan's audience - especially considering they've received positive reviews here in the past.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »

But for whatever reason, I couldn't even get the time of day for either Tales title, which is bizarre, considering our audience is pretty much directly the audience they're trying to get to buy their game. 

Sometimes I'm convinced that they don't want anyone to buy their games...

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: