Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341199 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 40476 times)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »

Sometimes I'm convinced that they don't want anyone to buy their games...

I am also :P

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »

I just have to say I FINALLY finished Arcadia Garden, and I gotta yell! For whatever reason that area drove me batshit crazy

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »

I just have to say I FINALLY finished Arcadia Garden, and I gotta yell! For whatever reason that area drove me batshit crazy

The level design of dungeons in this game is simply terrible.
They are: archaic, confusing, too big for their own good and completely unrealistic.

Just wait till you hit the first area of the last dungeon of the Future Arc. They basically toss you in this huge complex without any hint of where to go, tons of possible ways to try blindly and you can't backtrack your steps.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »

Is that Lastalia Shaft you are talking about? If so, I agree, I would like to take the SOB that designed it and beat the absolute shit out of them.

Everything's Eventual
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »

The level design of dungeons in this game is simply terrible.
They are: archaic, confusing, too big for their own good and completely unrealistic.

Just wait till you hit the first area of the last dungeon of the Future Arc. They basically toss you in this huge complex without any hint of where to go, tons of possible ways to try blindly and you can't backtrack your steps.

Too many of the dungeons rely on getting you lost to make it challenging. That is probably the biggest criticism I'd level at the game and the only thing that really annoyed me when I played it.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: May 07, 2012, 07:09:18 PM »

I've actually been finding all the dungeons to be very enjoyable. I like the fact that its easy to get a little lost in them. It harkens back to some old 16 bit dungeons of yesteryear for me. Ever notice how somewhere along the line the number of diverging pathways common in jrpg dungeons went from like 3 (a dead end, a treasure, and the "right" way) down to two and in a lot of cases one with a brief offshoot here and there to pick up some loot?

Heck, I remember a time when your final save-point before a boss battle was a highly missable thing if you took the wrong path!

Ok... so maybe my numbers and figures are a bit off but you get the idea..... recent gen and current gen dungeons have been WAY more forgiving then those in the past... I feel like tales touches upon those outdated, and albeit cheap, dungeon-design tactics to a bit.... and I can't say I mind it at all...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: May 07, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »

Klyde, you my friend are definitely a masochist, lol ;) this area is driving me freaking crazy!

Everything's Eventual
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:19 AM »

I liked the Lastalia Shaft.  I loved how it just threw you in there and made you find your way through without guidance.  It felt exactly like a final dungeon should.  But I love my first person dungeon crawlers, so that could have something to do with it.

. . .Until the status effect area. On Chaos.

That was just terrible.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »

Klyde, you my friend are definitely a masochist, lol ;) this area is driving me freaking crazy!

Only in some respects.... The sandshroud ruins final color puzzle made me want to tear my brain out and spike it off the screen after 90 minutes of getting reset over and over again.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »

I didn't have much trouble with the sand palace color puzzles, myself. I'm definitely enjoying the game to the point where I'm playing the post-game epilogue since it actually adds story, the boss fight at the end of the revisiting the sand ruins was a tad difficult but I managed to overcome it with a little luck.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2012, 01:17:48 AM »

I had a ton of trouble with them.  But I blamed the condition my condition was in.  I was with a cold and my head was blocked up as I blew my nose once every two minutes.  Needles to say, I didn't feel like thinking and FAQ'd [lol] it.

It got so annoying to spin those things, most needed at least 90-degrees and they didn't move to fast.  So restarting was torture.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: May 23, 2012, 07:18:53 PM »

About 70 hours in this game. At the last dungeon. New requests just keep popping up...

Are these scripted, or are the generic item requests randomized? There are a few quests with key items I have yet to complete.

Probably about time to finish this game off, but it seems every turn there is a new event or side quest that opens up!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: May 23, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »

You pretty much get requests to bring every single item in the game.
The fun factor of inn request is really low.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: May 23, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »

About 70 hours in this game. At the last dungeon. New requests just keep popping up...

Are these scripted, or are the generic item requests randomized? There are a few quests with key items I have yet to complete.

Probably about time to finish this game off, but it seems every turn there is a new event or side quest that opens up!

They're scripted and eventually stop.  Once you finish them all, you fight a new boss (which also gives a trophy).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »

I have played a lot of tales games...this one has the most enjoyable win quotes. Sophie is hillarious.

The next week one with malik had me peeing.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: