Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327296 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces F
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces F  (Read 35038 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2012, 02:22:59 AM »

been playing this on and off and its easy to see why the wii version wasnt localized by nintendo. its got tons of sexual inuendo as well as suggestions about pascal's sexuality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IToR1Hbg7gw
1. VLR has plenty of innuendo

2. BMX XXX came out uncensored on GameCube.

3. Nintendo wasn't going to localize/publish.

4. Nintendo's heavy handed policies took a fatal blow nearly 20 years ago by permitting Mortal Kombat II to come out.

The only game we know of they have rejected was Binding of Isaac, and I wonder how much of that had to do with being a flash game that needed to ported into something consoles actually use for games.
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: January 09, 2013, 11:33:02 PM »

Too bad the Wii version probably isn't gonna come out here. I don't understand why Namco wouldn't release all the Tales games that have been released on the DS so far in the US since Tales of Symphonia was the best selling Tales game. I remember Nintendo fans really liking that game and the others possibly could sell really good here compared to the PS2 games they keep bringing over that have a lot more competition.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: January 09, 2013, 11:51:31 PM »

I don't get these complaints.  This isn't like with Vesperia where we only got the version with less content (whether that content was really all that important is another question...).  We got the complete version of the game, so why do you want the incomplete version?  Not to mention that I've heard the Wii version had some serious bugs and never ran that well.

Symphonia was the best-selling Tales game in the US for a lot of reasons, mainly the total lack of other RPGs for the system (during a time when JRPGs were still pretty popular) and the fact that they had friggin Nintendo helping out with the marketing.  It's a bit silly to then conclude that Tales games would automatically sell better on Nintendo systems.

GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: January 10, 2013, 03:01:05 AM »

Symphonia was the best-selling Tales game in the US for a lot of reasons, mainly the total lack of other RPGs for the system (during a time when JRPGs were still pretty popular) and the fact that they had friggin Nintendo helping out with the marketing.  It's a bit silly to then conclude that Tales games would automatically sell better on Nintendo systems.

I completely agree with this. The charm of the Tales Of series is that is has no exclusive system. There has been one on every platform, giving EVERYONE a chance to play at least one. Personally, I'm hoping for more handheld Tales Of games to come out here. There are PLENTY in Japan. My Vita is just waiting for Innocence R or Hearts R. I'll be satisfied with either one. :)

pigTails of...
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: January 10, 2013, 03:03:04 AM »

Innocence R wasn't good. From the looks of things Hearts R won't be that great either.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: January 10, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »

I wish they would prioritize the major console released Tales games first before anything else....

In a perfect world (for Klyde)...

Ps1 Tales of Phantasia Localized on the PSN
Ps2 Tales of Destiny 2 Localized on the PSN
Ps2 Tales of Redbirth Localized on the PSN
A Swift Release of Xilia this year followed by Xilia 2
And finally, after that, I'd take some hearts... I'm least concerned with hearts because I don't really like handheld stuff...

NOTE: I don't honestly think anything I listed aside from Xilia is even a remote possibility... I just think it would be cool it it were :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: January 10, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »

Innocence R wasn't good. From the looks of things Hearts R won't be that great either.

I'm not terribly concerned with just HOW good it is, I just want there to be a big enough demand for the series that it just releases the games as they come out in Japan. Plus, I know I'll enjoy it no matter what. I'm a sucker for those games. :)

pigTails of...
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »

I'm not terribly concerned with just HOW good it is, I just want there to be a big enough demand for the series that it just releases the games as they come out in Japan. Plus, I know I'll enjoy it no matter what. I'm a sucker for those games. :)

If Innocence R was any indicator,  releasing the "R" series may damage the brand name...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: January 10, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »

While I haven't played it so this is all second-hand, but I didn't think Innocence R was necessarily supposed to be bad so much as just bland and unremarkable.  I wouldn't totally write off the "R" games yet, there's still a chance Hearts R will be better.  Mind you, I'm certainly going to check reviews before getting it.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »

The screenshots and in-game footage of Hearts R looks like it basically uses the Innocence R engine. So fuck that.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »

id rather have a remake of radiant mythology 3 than innosence or hearts. wich incidently has characters from both those games.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2013, 11:32:30 AM »

id rather have a remake of radiant mythology 3 than innosence or hearts. wich incidently has characters from both those games.

If i were to pick an any Tales offshoot title radiant mythology 3 would be my pick too.... character creation in a tales game really excites me-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: