Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 09:58:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327947 Posts in 13430 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Firefix Browser Security?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Firefix Browser Security?  (Read 6172 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:16 AM »

Can anyone recommend some add-ons to protect against trackers, scripts, malware etc.? I've been trying out NoScript, but am fed up with having to either unblock stuff all the time or just have pages not work because I'm concerned about a single script. I'm happy to be slightly less protected for slightly less frustration. :P

What do you lot use?

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »

While noscript is king, I just use ad-block and Ghostery.  Works pretty well.  Definitely recommend both.  Ghostery works well against trackers. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »

Can anyone recommend some add-ons to protect against trackers, scripts, malware etc.? I've been trying out NoScript, but am fed up with having to either unblock stuff all the time or just have pages not work because I'm concerned about a single script. I'm happy to be slightly less protected for slightly less frustration. :P

What do you lot use?
Noscript is the best, you're better off dealing with minor frustration of blocked scripts that you didn't want blocked. I hate to sound like a dick here but your complaint is minor regarding why you don't like noscript. You can set what's blocked and what isn't on your first visit to the site and unblock the scripts you want in use any time, or block anythin your fear in the future. Honestly, buck up and deal with it.

TASTY!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've actually stuck with noscript anyway. Like you say, my complaint was minor. Once I got used to it, it wasn't so bad.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: