Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 09:23:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter X Tekken
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 3380 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:26:56 PM »

So, game comes out this week.  Anyone picking it up?

Also an interesting story has broke out as of this post, someone found 12 DLC characters that Capcom locked on the disk.  They seem pretty much finished gameplay wise, but some may be missing an opening/ending slideshow (no animated endings).  What makes it interesting is that Capcom has pretty much said in past interviews that the rumored 12 characters, which some thought might be Vita exclusives, weren't ready for primetime and how Blanka was still a work in progress because of his gameplay style conflicting with the rushdown orient of the game.  The videos showing off these characters pretty much conflict those statements - go figure.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:28:43 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »

I've been watching vids on youtube of the game and while it looks awesome as hell, it seems as if unless you've got an arcade stick, you're pretty much fucked. The gameplay does NOT seem suited to a console controller. Maybe i'm wrong but some of those  team moves look pretty finger twisting. I hope that's not the case.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »

I don't know about the finger twisting part, but it shouldn't be too bad.  From what other people have said, it has the easiest combos to do to date (the dude gave the trials a 2 out of 10 difficulty where as MVC was 3, UMvC was 5, Street Fighter 4 was 6, Blazblue was 9, and KOF13 was 10).  I don't think it will be tough, it might just take a little bit of practice.

I preordered it and will have it tomorrow.  Got it for the xbox even though I was swearing the damn thing off and going PS3 only.  Oh well. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:15:05 PM »

I'm not what you would a fighting game master but I had less trouble doing moves in KOFXIII than in SSFIV. Though, there are some moves that I cannot do even if I practice for hours...
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »

Oh I agree there, but they're talking about the Trial/Mission mode (sorry I should have been more clear).  KoF13 mission modes are artificially hard because you have to do like 15-20 inputs to complete some of the later trials.  It's just a trial of long, rote-like memorization whereas SF4 had a lot of links that had strict timing requirements of 1-2 frames but the trials themselves weren't too long.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »

I'll be waiting for the eventual re-release.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:41:10 AM »

Street Fighter X Tekken: 12 new characters coming to consoles, PC this fall:

By now you've heard news that 12 additional characters - previously revealed as PlayStation Vita exclusives - are located on the Street Fighter X Tekken disc. Naturally this means said characters will arrive on the console and PC versions shortly after the Vita version launches later this year, but the real question is why they're on the disc in the first place.

Keep reading...

I want to give this chance but I rather wait for now and see how this deal ends.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »

With a lot of complaining, gnashing of teeth, and people buying the product anyway ;)

Not happy about the DLC either, but I can see why they did it. 

Anyway my thoughts -

Online needs fixed.  It does seem a bit laggier than other games (cept KOF), but this is probably because of the onslaught of people jumping on the game when it first comes out.  Also there's some glitch that causes sound/music to drop during online matches.  They say it's because of lag, but this is AMERICA.  We're the land of poverty internet and it's going to lag.  Considering the US is their biggest market for these games, I'm pretty sure it'll get fixed eventually.

Gameplay is... interesting.  Definitely a lot different than other games because there are a lot of possibilities for juggles and a few OTG moves.  Tekken characters have a buttload of command normals just like they do in Tekken which will probably be a bit disjarring to people who try them but have never touched a Tekken game.  Super/Ultra moves are a bit like Marvel where they are easy to pull off and combo pretty easily.  On the downside I don't know if the damage per meter usage would be worth it, unless it was guaranteeing a kill.

Some people might be disappointed at the limited number of stages.  Some stages are multi-tiered, some are not.  Not a huge fan of the stage designs, but maybe it's because I prefer old 2d background styles.  Also the music is overall pretty good. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

With a lot of complaining, gnashing of teeth, and people buying the product anyway ;)

Gamers don't know how to boycott. Though, I can see the DLC in SFxT been handled worse but is still lame as hell.

Tekken characters have a buttload of command normals just like they do in Tekken which will probably be a bit disjarring to people who try them but have never touched a Tekken game.

I've only played Tekken 3, Tag Tournament and a bit of Tekken 4. Does that count as enough experience? :p
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »

Played a lot last night. It didn't take me long to find a team suited to me either.  Cammy plays great, as always, and Asuka is perfect for defense.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »

Gamers don't know how to boycott. Though, I can see the DLC in SFxT been handled worse but is still lame as hell.

Haha, yeah.  At the very least if you HAVE to play it, just buy it used.  At least you wouldn't be supporting the company you want to boycott.

I've only played Tekken 3, Tag Tournament and a bit of Tekken 4. Does that count as enough experience? :p

Yep. 

Played a lot last night. It didn't take me long to find a team suited to me either.  Cammy plays great, as always, and Asuka is perfect for defense.

Chun-li / Hwoarang myself, but I'll probably leave chun-li eventually.  Might pick Sagat instead of chun-li, but I dunno.  Might test and play with the team a bit. 

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »

I'll be waiting for the eventual re-release.

Same.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »

Capcom details Street Fighter X Tekken DLC plans

"let's recap: Come April 3 the game will see a host of additional costumes priced at $1 each (or $13 for all of the Street Fighter or Tekken character costumes; that works out to $26 for the entire series). Likewise, the company will also release three free color packs that include four new colors per character, as well as three new quick combo slots, free of charge.

Sometime after that -- Capcom optimistically says "shortly after" -- Street Fighter X Tekken will also receive 60 new gems and three new gem slots per fighter, as well as a "replay analyzer." This too is totally gratis.

Then, once the Vita iteration of the game hits shelves, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will receive 12 additional downloadable characters. Players will be able to buy all of these characters at once for $20."

Geez.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »

The sad thing is that we all knew this all along.

I played about 4 hours yesterday at a friends house, and while it is fun, I found it to be worse than all the others capcom's fighting games released this gen by far. Not only mechanics but graphics, color, music, the design of the characters, menus. Sure most of it is pretty subjective but it is as I see it.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »

Capcom details Street Fighter X Tekken DLC plans

"let's recap: Come April 3 the game will see a host of additional costumes priced at $1 each (or $13 for all of the Street Fighter or Tekken character costumes; that works out to $26 for the entire series). Likewise, the company will also release three free color packs that include four new colors per character, as well as three new quick combo slots, free of charge.

Sometime after that -- Capcom optimistically says "shortly after" -- Street Fighter X Tekken will also receive 60 new gems and three new gem slots per fighter, as well as a "replay analyzer." This too is totally gratis.

Then, once the Vita iteration of the game hits shelves, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will receive 12 additional downloadable characters. Players will be able to buy all of these characters at once for $20."

Geez.

If it wasn't disc locked content, I'd be more apt to buy it.  I like that they finally let you buy costumes for a single character instead of a pack, but they throw that out the window by bundling all the characters together.  I'd rather pay a bit more and just get the ones I want instead of $20 for the whole shabang.

I played about 4 hours yesterday at a friends house, and while it is fun, I found it to be worse than all the others capcom's fighting games released this gen by far. Not only mechanics but graphics, color, music, the design of the characters, menus. Sure most of it is pretty subjective but it is as I see it.

Well, you are in the minority then because there are a ton of players saying it's the best Street Fighter released in years and people are having a blast.  While the colors are fugly, the graphics are largely the same except for a more water colored look.  The design of the characters are exactly how they're supposed to look so unless you're complaining about the water colored graphics or the overall character designs of Street Fighter and Tekken characters, your comment makes no sense. Also, who complains about menus?  If you're looking at them for more than 2-3 minutes then you're doing it wrong.  I do like a lot of the older 2D music better, but the SxT stuff is fine as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:43:41 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: