Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 01:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331343 Posts in 13570 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter X Tekken
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 3167 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »

The best part of all this is that the dudes at Capcom know better than anyone else that we don't like how they manage DLC and how gamers use them as *the* prime example of bad business practices. And they also know that we are gonna buy the DLC anyway because we want to play with Sakura, Elena and all the others characters.

So far I have no insentive to go out and buy SFxT, is not that I'm angry or anything at them but selling a game like they are doing it by bits and pieces is just pathetic and big waste of time and money in the long run.

That said, I can't wait to see how much DLC DmC is going to have. Man that is going to be fun (and kinda sad) to watch.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »

I played about 4 hours yesterday at a friends house, and while it is fun, I found it to be worse than all the others capcom's fighting games released this gen by far. Not only mechanics but graphics, color, music, the design of the characters, menus. Sure most of it is pretty subjective but it is as I see it.

Well, you are in the minority then because there are a ton of players saying it's the best Street Fighter released in years and people are having a blast.  While the colors are fugly, the graphics are largely the same except for a more water colored look.  The design of the characters are exactly how they're supposed to look so unless you're complaining about the water colored graphics or the overall character designs of Street Fighter and Tekken characters, your comment makes no sense. Also, who complains about menus?  If you're looking at them for more than 2-3 minutes then you're doing it wrong.  I do like a lot of the older 2D music better, but the SxT stuff is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I don't like the colors, whatever they have done with it, for my personal tastes feel horrible, but I can surely overlook it, especially in a fighting game.
The menus, as you said, it may seem useless if they are ugly or not, but they are part of the game. For example, the menus in MvC3 look nice but they take too much time to go from an option to another, especially when the game auto-saves and I'm comparing just to Capcom games. Also the fact that the announcer yells the name of the character each time you put the cursor on top of it, why doesn't it just say the name when you chose the character ? Don't tell me they did this to help the visually handicapped.

The design is not "the same. Some characters like Akuma or Saghat I do have the impression look the same, but I can certainly say the Ryu, Ken, Chun Li among others look weird.

But hey, just my take on it, it's my opinion, far from absolute or the majority. Basically I'm just saying I still have much more fun with SSF4:AE than SxT.

With all that, if we add those Capcom screw up tactics into the mix, for me it's just the cherry on the sunday. Paying for characters on the disc, for gems, for costumes and for the inevitable Super/Ultimate/Whatever Edition that will shortly follow, that's just too much for me for a game that IS GOOD but for me not nearly as good as the others.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »

Honestly, the game feels and looks great. I love the tekken characters in the sf universe, though kuma is lol instead of frightening, Xiaoyu is hilariously accurate as an anime character, and Law's jaw looks like it may unhinge and swallow someone whole. If it weren't for this dlc fiasco, I'd be behind this game 100 percent.

Oh, and the bba megaman shit also pisses me off, hence my new avatar picture.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »

The best part of all this is that the dudes at Capcom know better than anyone else that we don't like how they manage DLC and how gamers use them as *the* prime example of bad business practices. And they also know that we are gonna buy the DLC anyway because we want to play with Sakura, Elena and all the others characters.

So far I have no insentive to go out and buy SFxT, is not that I'm angry or anything at them but selling a game like they are doing it by bits and pieces is just pathetic and big waste of time and money in the long run.

I'm surprised there isn't a bigger stink about the local co-op not being in the 360 version.  They advertised that it would be.  It's even in the instruction manual.  However Capcom didn't say a word about it not being in until after the game released (on release day, actually).  Pretty shitty, but I guess since it doesn't affect that many people, you don't hear as much about it.  Watch, they suddenly "learn how" and it will get implemented in the next version =P

The menus, as you said, it may seem useless if they are ugly or not, but they are part of the game. For example, the menus in MvC3 look nice but they take too much time to go from an option to another, especially when the game auto-saves.

It only auto-saves when you make changes or finish a fight.  That's how it's supposed to be and I don't think I've ever heard anyone else even bother mentioning it before.  They take too long?  Start Menu -> Online -> Ranked/Player/Lobbies or Start Menu -> Single Player -> Arcade/Training/Mission/Versus.  It's fine how it is.  I've heard a lot of complaints about the game, but this is a new one.

The design is not "the same. Some characters like Akuma or Saghat I do have the impression look the same, but I can certainly say the Ryu, Ken, Chun Li among others look weird.

The only difference you're seeing is the graphics filter.  They are the same.  That's one of the things people gave them shit for because they practically reused everything from 4 and slapped a new graphics filter on it.

With all that, if we add those Capcom screw up tactics into the mix, for me it's just the cherry on the sunday. Paying for characters on the disc, for gems, for costumes and for the inevitable Super/Ultimate/Whatever Edition that will shortly follow, that's just too much for me for a game that IS GOOD but for me not nearly as good as the others.

The DLC Gems are free.  This gen, costumes for Capcom games will always cost money, but they aren't necessary to play as and they're cheaper than ever in SFxT.  I think MK9 gave some/all away for free, which was pretty cool of NRS.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:07:49 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36271257&postcount=130

Is like that song from Metallica, sad but true.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:21 AM »

I think MK9 gave some/all away for free, which was pretty cool of NRS.

They gave out a few classic skins with every compatibility pack, to entice people to upgrade. The way the system was constructed, I could essentially never play against a DLC character as long as I didn't install the corresponding pack.

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: No idea yet
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »

Ok, so....is there even an ETA on when capcom is gonna patch this fucker to fix things like sound and lag from hell??

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »

Early April along with the Tournament support is the timeframe they stated.  Nothing specific yet.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 09:14:17 PM »

Sweet. I was too lazy to search for the info but I figured someone here would be up to speed. Thanks:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: