Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 01:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318863 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Elminage Gothic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Elminage Gothic  (Read 4484 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »

Wow.  That's only the second PSP game I'm aware of that's gotten a patch (DJ Max 3 being the first).  If only the PSP actually prompted the user that such patches existed.  I'm putting the over/under on the people who download it at 500.

Well, this is (IMO) a great game that got nigh universal backlash for the lazy localization work, and rumor is they want to localize II, III, and even Gothic, so I can't blame them for wanting to fix the damage. Good for them.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »

I love dungeon crawlers, and I personally felt like it was a pretty average game even not considering the bad localization, but I agree 100% that it's good on them for releasing a patch this late in the game. Much, much respect for that.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »

Wow.  That's only the second PSP game I'm aware of that's gotten a patch (DJ Max 3 being the first).  If only the PSP actually prompted the user that such patches existed.  I'm putting the over/under on the people who download it at 500.

Well, this is (IMO) a great game that got nigh universal backlash for the lazy localization work, and rumor is they want to localize II, III, and even Gothic, so I can't blame them for wanting to fix the damage. Good for them.

Oh, I'm not arguing at all that it's a bad move - I'm glad they're doing it.  I'm more complaining about the fact that the PSP has a piss-poor way of patching games.  No notifications, you have to actually know there is an update for your game and go and select to update it.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 06:57:19 PM »

Patched it today.

Two errors so far(new ones no less):

"Idenftification" on the main menu of every shop(come on guys, how did you miss that), and "MUSIC[lots of hiragana]" if you try to sound load with no music in the PSP.

Never change, UFO.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:32 PM »

We're at three! The 'You touched it!' error is still intact, from when an Bishop's appraisal skill fails.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: