Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 08:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329319 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ys Seven to be released on PC in China -- June 20, 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ys Seven to be released on PC in China -- June 20, 2012  (Read 1569 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:52:10 PM »

Posting this bit of news just as a curiosity since I'll doubt we'll see Ys Seven on Steam or something, but who knows anyway.

"Amazon.cn is showing a 6/20 release date for Ys Seven's PC release."

source
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »

interesting
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »

Studying Chinese at the moment... Eager to replay Ys Seven... A plan is rapidly forming here.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »

Studying Chinese at the moment... Eager to replay Ys Seven... A plan is rapidly forming here.

That seems like the most backwards way of doing so, even if you wanted to go "but higher resolution PC version!" I've heard Zero no Kiseki's port was Not Good.

Bigger news to me is that Ys: Oath in Felghana has appeared in the Steam registry.We'll be getting at least the Japanese PC titles in the US afterall!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »

Many Chinese games have StarForce. Be wary of that.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 12:06:37 AM »

Many Chinese games have StarForce. Be wary of that.

That's something else too. I heard the DRM for Zero no Kiseki was absolute bullshit, and I expect the same here. If you're really interested in the game then best to just get it on PSP and play in English, maybe grab a Chinese copy just to mess around afterwards.
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 05:03:37 AM »

If you're really interested in the game then best to just get it on PSP and play in English, maybe grab a Chinese copy just to mess around afterwards.

Hence my saying "replay" rather than just "play". I already own the game in Japanese on the PSP and I've already finished it. :'D This would be said messing around copy.

And yeah, anti-piracy protection on modern Chinese PC games is horrible. There have been a couple I've bought legitimately only to find I had to crack them to even play them. Ridiculous.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: