Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 01:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338589 Posts in 13859 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Conception (Spike PSP Rpg)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Conception (Spike PSP Rpg)  (Read 3013 times)
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con09e/conception_battle/

This is high up on my import list because the emphasis on positioning reminds me of wild arms
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »

I rolled my eyes, heard it starts with getting your "cuz" pregger, then heard you get a bunch of others preggo through what's almost bigamy.  Oh, cherry on the cake, the whole "zodiac" thing, and the cousin is a Virgo.... AWW.

I'm clearly not the target audience, but good grief...  The concept is goddamn weird and probably fulfilling some fetish I don't even know about.  Hopefully the game plays well?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:39 PM »

Think about it this way.

The main character is the father, and your party members are the children ( not dissimilar from DQ V)

Other than that its a very classic turn based rpg with a unique battle system
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »

You know, if there isn't too much discussion for these games it's probably best not to make a topic for each one that catches your eye, especially if chances of actual international release are that small.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:11:11 PM »

The kids look like they're no more than fucking five years old.... Still not comforting.  It's like preschool fieldtrip with dad taking you out to kill shit.

I dunno.... I liked how Venus & Braves handled the concept.  Since the game spans 1000 years, squad members (classes) can fall in love, get married, have a kid that has their stats.  Each character has a peak and a decline in their stats depending on their age.  Classy.  Makes more sense.

Again, I'll judge when I see gameplay.  The concept for this game is just too fucking bizarre.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »

It sounds kind of like Alfa System's Over My Dead Body/Oreshika, kind of, only with extra harem/moe.
In other words, not as good.

Fortunately(?), this sure ain't coming out here.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

I rather see an anime series about the idea behinhd this game that losing hours and hours playing it.

I liked how Venus & Braves handled the concept.  Since the game spans 1000 years, squad members (classes) can fall in love, get married, have a kid that has their stats.  Each character has a peak and a decline in their stats depending on their age.  Classy.  Makes more sense.

I like how this sounds more than Conception, will read more about it for sure.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »

lol there seems like alot of discussion.

I remember when it was first announced in japan the "idea" was pretty controversial but when screeenshots came out and the gameplay war revealed it was alot more excepted.

Really I only made this topic to link to my larger point which is the battle system

I like the idea of different parts of the enemy taking different parts of damage.

I also like the idea of strategic placement similar to the wild arms hex system

Thats what I really like. I would love to see more turn based rpgs using it in the future
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »

I can't imagine this being anything other than "Date Girls; Power Up the Toddler Dogpile: the RPG". The tykes will probably show up early enough that you'll have a party of ankle-biters at the ready pretty quickly, and the rest of the game will be spent making sure that mommy and daddy get along so that the rugrats aren't made upset/weaker; which will be tricky considering that the MC will only have so many social links to get all of his mistresses to get along for power-fantasy/gaming purposes.

Though why they made all the generic nose miners male/female twins when most of the male booger blasters are pretty much going to be outright superior at everything but healing magic is anybody's guess? (I suppose it's to allow the option of choosing diversity in the various diaper clusterfucks versus powering up a particular inbred clan's option by double dipping.)

Edit: Randomly generated dungeons for the lose. And kinderguardians turn into dolls when they are killed. Best part of the battle system description, "Can't figure it out? Don't bother and hit autoplay!".
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:38:43 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »

I'm probably going to import this for its WTF value. Assuming I actually do, you can expect a review. :P

Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »

I hope you do review it..........

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »

I hope you do review it..........

As long as I can afford it in April, I will.

Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »

I am curious to see how that battle system will play out.

Its unlike anything Ive seen before.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con0bw/conception_baby/

Lots of details and art here.

The game does sound kind of neat.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »

It's a really weird idea, but it doesn't sound like a raunchy game. I'll keep an eye out for a prospective localization of this.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: