Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 08:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329226 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PC / Console RPGs - What are your memorable Quests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: PC / Console RPGs - What are your memorable Quests  (Read 1979 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 07:31:40 AM »

Chrono Trigger
- Searching for the Masamune to open the way to Magus castle.

Those little flashbacks along the quest really shaped Frog into a character I liked and the end were he slices the mountain open is just completely epic (mainly because of the music).
Chairman7w

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 11:49:55 AM »

I have a new one to add here:

"A Fortress Besieged" in Dragon's Dogma.

Finished that quest last night, and it was awesome! (Stop reading if you're worried about spoilers)

You had to help clear an old fort that was taken over by Goblins. It was so cool: they had Ballistas that were firing explosive bolts, and there were tunnels in the courtyard that Goblins would pour out of. You could even get to and fire one of the Ballistas.

Once you sneaked INTO the fort, you had to find the handle to open the Gate, so your army could come in and help. You had a bucket load of Goblins, some Hobgoblins and some big-a$$ Cyclop's too. Then you had to face the final Hobgoblin Warlord at the end.

All in all, just a real fun quest, different, tough, and memorable.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 01:41:42 AM »

All of Chrono Trigger's side quests. Robo fighting his sister... reviving the forest... fighting Flea, Slash, and Ozzie felt like one of the most epic fights ever... Chrono Trigger had the best sidequests.

FFT: Recruiting Cloud

Chairman7w

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »

I'm gonna add another. Tali's personal quest on Mass Effect 2 was awesome.

(don't read further if you're worried about spoilers)

The whole "Trial" thing, and the Migrant Fleet... those were very cool.

And having to make the decision at the end to implicate her (while saving face for her dead Father) - or throwing Pops under the bus were just awesome. I kept my mouth shut and let the charges against her stand (like she wished), standing idly by as she was sentenced into Exile. But Shepherd standing up and claiming her as part of HIS world (The Normandy) was quite cool.

Mass Effect 2 does a very good job of building a credible camaraderie between Shepherd and his crew.

It's on my list of cool quests.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »

FFT: Recruiting Cloud

If only the final reward was at all worth it. Especially compared to everything else you get for the sidequest chain which included Beowulf, Reis, potentially the best shield and second best weapon in the game plus copies of the top two ninja knives, and one hell of a unique monster in Worker 8 (though I will concede that a Quick Charged Finishing Touch is a pretty solid reward if you're willing to work for it but even then it's just not really worth it when the game just hands you motherfucking T.G. Cid on a silver platter nevermind a Screaming Ramza at the chapter start and Beowulf right out of the sidequest gate).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

For whatever reason the entire epilogue in Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete really worked for me.  The game has a sad ending that isn't 100% satisfying, then after the credits you finally get a full party incl. Leo, a fully-explorable world, new items and collectibles in virtually every corner, and three meaty dungeons before a new final boss that gives you a happier ending.  Great stuff. 

The red moon episode in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, and its resolution in the game's Good Ending.  What a silly game to get all teary-eyed about.  The Disgaea series is all about grinding, bizarre humor, and making big numbers roll across the screen, but each of them surprised me with its heart. 

And damn, I'm going to avoid spoilers even though it's 14-15 years old, but the special event at the midpoint of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.  You think you have things figured out, you explore the castle in full, you find the two rings, you equip the magic glasses, and you fight the boss at the top and then... you realize you're just halfway through.  My favorite videogame plot twist of all time. 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: