Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:00:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327344 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenosaga 1, somehow not attracted.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Xenosaga 1, somehow not attracted.....  (Read 3311 times)
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »

I recently dusted off the PS2 and I'm trying to catch up on several RPG'S on it that I missed during the last 7-8 years. I've got FF XII ready to go and some of the Shin Megami Tensei and Xenosaga games are on my radar. Any "must play" suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »

The Shadow Hearts trilogy is amazing.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »

I recently dusted off the PS2 and I'm trying to catch up on several RPG'S on it that I missed during the last 7-8 years. I've got FF XII ready to go and some of the Shin Megami Tensei and Xenosaga games are on my radar. Any "must play" suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This should probably be another topic.... and it probably will end up as one... but I'll bite anyhow.... here are a few off the top of my head...

Suikoden 3-5 ( liked 5 best personally)
Wild Arms 4 or 5
Magna Carta (I don't care what anyone says... I loved it)
Growlanser Generations and Growlanser Heritage of War (these are most definately "must play" IMO)
Valkyrie Profile 2 The Silma....Silma... Silma-something..... (forgot the title specifcally, still decent)
Disgaea 1and 2 (loved em)
Persona 3 and 4 (loved em)
Digital Devil Saga (loved what I saw of em)
Nocturne (everyone loved it as far as the SMT stuff goes.... I found it pretty bland.... while the environments and tone are very cool, I just couldn't get into it personally..... something about playing as demon that looks more like a techno raver turned me off)
Devil Summoner (loved the first... heard the second was better, still have yet to get to it)
Dark Cloud 2 (I didn't dig the first)
Shadow Hearts (people rave about this one... I have yet to get to it myself)
Dragon Quest  VIII

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »

Cmon Klyde, you should know better than to continue derailing a topic. I sadface man :(

Since I'm posting here anyway, was going through this not too long ago, and had been grinding for tp heavily for maybe 2 hours, when I got inti a random fight and used kosmos x buster to nab a x10 bonus, when the game froze on me. Pretty sure I mentioned how this happened to me not too long ago with Jr and moonlit serenade too, but it still made me rage.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »

Cmon Klyde, you should know better than to continue derailing a topic. I sadface man :(

Since I'm posting here anyway, was going through this not too long ago, and had been grinding for tp heavily for maybe 2 hours, when I got inti a random fight and used kosmos x buster to nab a x10 bonus, when the game froze on me. Pretty sure I mentioned how this happened to me not too long ago with Jr and moonlit serenade too, but it still made me rage.

I'm sorry.... your right, I do know better... I get excited over PS2 talk and my lower nature takes control.... I just can't help it...

As for your freezing issue, I feel for you man... Happened to me a time or two as well when moving from one environment to the next... screen would go dark and never light back up..... I lost like two hours of gameplay meandering through the innards of the gnosis to that scenario....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: