Author Topic: XSEED bringing Ys: Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin to Steam  (Read 36770 times)

Parn

• View Profile
Re: XSEED bringing Ys: Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin to Steam
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
Heh, well I'm not really complaining but did he really do anything banworthy?  Unless just being annoying is banworthy...

It certainly was back in my day.  I rather enjoyed my time as head admin.

Mym

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 04:16:25 AM »
I'm definitely interested in Ys Origin. Anyone out there play it before? Thoughts?

It's loads of fun! It's a dungeon crawl, which is a bit of a contrast to Seven / Felghana / Napishtim, but they pretty much throw logic to the wind and have all sorts of different locales (desert, underwater etc...) crammed into the same big tower, so it never really feels like just one dungeon. The music is as fabulous as ever, if maybe not quite JDK's strongest work. And the boss fights are very likely the best in the series, and have the same brutal but never unfair difficulty level as the other recent Ys games. Absolutely worth a go, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, this is just fantastic news! I've already played most of Falcom's PC games, but I'm really happy to see them reaching a wider audience. A thought, though: since there's a very competent English translation for Origin already out there by Deuce, the same guy who handled Felghana and Ys Eternal, I wonder if XSEED will license his work again? I must say I kind of like that idea. XSEED get a great translation at a smaller cost and in less time than they would otherwise, and a dedicated fan gets rewarded for his hard work. :)

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 07:25:36 AM »
A thought, though: since there's a very competent English translation for Origin already out there by Deuce, the same guy who handled Felghana and Ys Eternal, I wonder if XSEED will license his work again? I must say I kind of like that idea. XSEED get a great translation at a smaller cost and in less time than they would otherwise, and a dedicated fan gets rewarded for his hard work. :)

Yeah, I had the same thought.

cj_iwakura

• Wayfarer of the Time
  • Counting The Sheep
    • View Profile
    • Iwakura Productions
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
Well that explains some things.

That's a relief it was an alt. I was starting to think this place was some kind of idiot magnet.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »
Unfortunately, it also means that he'll probably be back to seek attention in the near future.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 12:52:50 PM »
I'm always up for more lulz.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 06:13:19 PM »
I'm always up for more lulz.
God how do you NOT get banned dude? I love your shenanigans, but you are the world's best troll.

Though I also admit, I would have missed out on my previous Ys experience had it not been for your input, so guys don't ban parn please.

TASTY!

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »
Unfortunately, it also means that he'll probably be back to seek attention in the near future.

It's nice to know that if I ever get banned, I can just create another account under a different email address and everything will be fine.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »

It's nice to know that if I ever get banned, I can just create another account under a different email address and everything will be fine.
Not exactly, your ip is still gonna be the same. If the admins are doing their job, they ouvhta notice it quick and slam the hammer of ban once more.

TASTY!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 08:03:15 PM »

Not exactly, your ip is still gonna be the same. If the admins are doing their job, they ouvhta notice it quick and slam the hammer of ban once more.

You could just... you know... restart your router to get a new IP =/
Oh snap, the secret's out!

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »

And let my IRC sessions time out?!  The horror!

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »

Bans don't have to be limited to a specific number.

... We should go back to Ys. So I hear proper widescreen support (HUD stuff aside) will be implanted in the Steam version. Before selecting a widescreen resolution would just stretch the image, so this is excellent news.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »

That's what wildcards are for.
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
"Ys: The Oath in Felghana will be released on 3/19 for $14.99 on Steam. Ys Origin will be following after, though there isn’t a price or release date set for it yet. Ys Origin’s script will also be based off of the work from Deuce -a favorite of fans when it comes to the translation patches- whose script was also used as a base for Chronicles and Oath in Felghana."

source

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »
"Ys: The Oath in Felghana will be released on 3/19 for $14.99 on Steam. Ys Origin will be following after, though there isn’t a price or release date set for it yet. Ys Origin’s script will also be based off of the work from Deuce -a favorite of fans when it comes to the translation patches- whose script was also used as a base for Chronicles and Oath in Felghana."

source