Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 06:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340919 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Best PS3 exclusive JRPG?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Best PS3 exclusive JRPG?  (Read 2840 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:17 AM »

When I read the thread title I thought the same as most people here: Valkyria Chronicles

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 06:39:17 AM »

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Everything's Eventual
dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »

Not much to choose from I see. I actually already have Valkyria Chronicles, bought it with the PS3 because it was cheap and I remember that it got great reviews.

The Tales of games are not out yet, at least not in EU. I guess I can import from the US, but I looked at release dates on gamefaqs and it seems like most tales of games on PS3 are not out even in the US.

I already have a PSP, I thought about getting a Vita but I never reallly play handheld consoles.

The Atelier games seem like the best choice given the limited options I have.

At least I still have plenty of JRPG's on the PS2 to play. I hope the PS3 will get some more in the future.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »

When I read the thread title I thought the same as most people here: Valkyria Chronicles

Oddly, I didn't care too much.
I was kinda perturbed by the setting to begin with though, the anime influence that trickled it's way to the game annoyed me as well.  Battles were pretty great, though, I do confess.  Unfortunately I didn't beat it when I saw it's trade-in value was high. D:

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »

Oddly, I didn't care too much.
I was kinda perturbed by the setting to begin with though, the anime influence that trickled it's way to the game annoyed me as well.  Battles were pretty great, though, I do confess.  Unfortunately I didn't beat it when I saw it's trade-in value was high. D:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't care it....

VC actually fell off the backlog list for me awhile ago and into the realm of "I Don't Care to Finish"..... Its not a bad game... its just not my taste... despite the heavy anime influence, which I do love, everything else about it proved sort of lackluster for me.....

My pics for top PS3 RPGs are definately Disgaea 4 (even though its a SRPG), Disgaea 3 (though I liked 4 a heck of alot more), Tales of Graces F (and yes, I say that with confidence after one day with it) and Hyperdimension MK2.... but in all fairness, I have yet to give Resonance of Fate, Ar Tonelico, or Zill Ol' a try, which are all on my "to play" list....

So in short, yea I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said, minus the VC favoritism.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »

I'm tempted to say Folklore.

It was really unique and I enjoyed it, although the combat mechanics got tiresome after a while.

But you could also make a case for Demons Souls or the Yakuza games.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »

Oops!! I made a slight boo-boo.... I totally forgot to add Eternal Sonata to the list! I'd place ES over Hyperdimension MK2 by the way..... also I know most other people really couldn't stand it, but I have a buddy who adored Star Ocean Last Hope.....

Lastly I just want to add, if I were you, I'd probably just been farming the PS Store for some classic RPGs to playthrough I may have missed over the ages.... there are so many staples of the genre on there now for those who may have missed out...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »

Eternal Sonata isn't a PS3 exclusive, though.  Otherwise I would have recommended Resonance of Fate or even Costume Quest.  

I think everyone else mentioned all the PS3 exclusives.  In terms of future exclusives, I'm interested in Tokitowa mainly because of the aesthetics. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »

Yes this.

And Tales of Graces F.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: