Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 05:16:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341083 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  GBA and DS guidance needed, absolutely no experience with these handhelds...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: GBA and DS guidance needed, absolutely no experience with these handhelds...  (Read 2995 times)
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »

dont miss out on devil survivor overclocked now that you have a 3ds
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »

you're a fool for not considering the lynx
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 11:53:49 PM »

My favorite handhold RPG was FFL2 which doesn't work on a DS so...

Various DS and GBA RPGs I liked:

Pokemon Sapphire
Contact
Riviera: The Promised Land
Dragon Quest 5
Golden Sun 1
RPG Castlevaniaoids
Rocket Slime
Front Mission
River City Ransom DX
CIMA: The Enemy
The World Ends with You
Devil Survivor

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:27 AM »

I've had my 3DS for a year now, but I haven't really bought anything for it yet.

get the battery pack

adds 10 hours of battery life

Not all that useful if you don't play for more than 5 hours a day and recharge every night. My 3DS is on all day (because I just love StreetPass!) and I can put in a good 5-6 hours of gaming (usually DS-games) before it needs a recharge.

What I would get is some form of protection if you plan on taking it with you. Mine lives in a a DSi sock I got for free once, but there are better (and fancier) options.

As for things to do: start playing StreetPass! It's loads of fun, especially if you live/work in an urban area and lots of people walk by every day. You see, once you've enabled StreetPass, and your 3DS 'meets' another 3DS, the Mii in that 3DS will visit your 3DS. It happens automatically while your 3DS sits safely in your bag. The two main StreetPass games are really simple, but very addicting. One is collecting puzzles, the other one is kind of like a reverse tower defense game with RPG elements.

And keep the game suggestions coming.... I'm compiling a list that seems endless at the moment! AND I'm SUPER EXCITED TO PUT A CHECK AFTER EVERY FREAKIN' ONE I HUNT DOWN!!!! hahahaha

You like your games cute, right? How do you feel about the Atelier series? There's one for the DS called Atelier Annie.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 05:34:03 AM »

Oh yeah, Atelier Annie.  I reviewed that one.  I think the best way to sum up that game is "cute but deadly."  I wasn't expecting the overall experience to be as intense as it was. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 06:04:35 AM »

Yeah, one playthrough is only like 15 hours long, but because gameplay is so compact you can do A LOT in those fifteen hours. It's kinda hard to stop playing sometimes. It would be the perfect little handheld game if it weren't so addicting!
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 02:37:49 PM »

Oh yeah, Atelier Annie.  I reviewed that one.  I think the best way to sum up that game is "cute but deadly."  I wasn't expecting the overall experience to be as intense as it was. 

It pains me to say it but atelier annie wasnt as good as other handheld ateliers
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »

Isn't Liese a total wreck filled with bugs?

Not that it really matters, Atelier Annie is the only one available in English and it's a fun little game.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »

Just want to let everyone know about this little steal I discovered...

The black is only like 3.99 on amazon right now and it totally makes gaming waaaay more comfortable.... there might be better options, but certainly not a better price.... these are 17.99 in stores around where I am right now...

I just got myself one btw... and while it doesn't offer much in the way of protection, it is ergonomic as all hell... especially if you got big hands as I do..... go figure, I'm 5'8 and only weigh 124 dripping wet but I have the hands on a beast-LoL....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004LQRENK/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1332004970&sr=8-1&condition=new
Just scroll down the list to find the one for 3.50
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:24:05 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: