Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:52:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327891 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nomura talks KH3D with Famitsu, can't give details about Versus XIII yet
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nomura talks KH3D with Famitsu, can't give details about Versus XIII yet  (Read 1155 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »

Tetsuya Nomura Talks Kingdom Hearts 3D with Famitsu

"The final KH3D has a world based off Tron Legacy. Originally, the plan was to have Sora go to the original Tron and Riku go to Tron Legacy."

Nomura said that the game can be cleared in 35 hours, but he noted that play time will be extended if you sink your teeth into the character raising component and mini games.

Tetsuya Nomura ready with new Final Fantasy Versus XIII info

"According to Nomura, certain circumstances, which he describes as "totally unrelated," are preventing him from sharing the info. He also said that he's not allowed to talk about the situation, so all he can do is continue engaging in discussions. Discussions with who? He didn't say."

Source: andriasang
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »

I personally think we won't see a Kingdom Hearts 3 for a long time, if ever!
The story is so crazy that no one can make sense of it anymore. People have been asking for KH3 and we already have two or three DS games, one pretty good on the PSP and now another one on the 3DS.

I personally didn't like KH until Birth by Sleep and even so the story is a mess, so why bother trying to give continuity to this, at least as a spin off they can have some freedom to create a thing or two.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »

KH 3D has a Chronicle that details the story so far.

...But I doubt people will even skip to the latest game unless the TWEWY cast makes them say otherwise.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 10:22:37 PM »

Versus Status = Bleak.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

Sounds like an announcement for multiplatform status on VSXIII.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:59:02 AM »

Sounds like an announcement for multiplatform status on VSXIII.

Yup.Delay it another year,less people will care then.I just want the game already even if its on DS.

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 02:36:53 AM »

Versus is the new Duke Nukem Forever
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 04:53:29 AM »

I don't know, the impression I get from Versus is less one of development hell and more that they announced it way too early and haven't actually been working on it for most of the time.  You keep seeing these stories (and I mean relatively recent stories) about how "after game X is done we're going to work on Versus", but if they had so few people working on Versus all this time then why did they announce it so soon...

And then there's the revelation S-E made after Type-0's release that development on the game didn't really start until two years after it was announced.  Before that it was nothing more than some ideas and concept art.  I get the impression that Versus might be similar.  Sure they had that trailer way back when, but that was all pre-rendered stuff, nothing to do with the actual game.

The real question is why does S-E announce these games so early?

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 05:12:25 AM »

Because they want/need the media attention? Kinda like an anorexic wants to be told she isn't fat?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »

I don't know, the impression I get from Versus is less one of development hell and more that they announced it way too early and haven't actually been working on it for most of the time.  You keep seeing these stories (and I mean relatively recent stories) about how "after game X is done we're going to work on Versus", but if they had so few people working on Versus all this time then why did they announce it so soon...

And then there's the revelation S-E made after Type-0's release that development on the game didn't really start until two years after it was announced.  Before that it was nothing more than some ideas and concept art.  I get the impression that Versus might be similar.  Sure they had that trailer way back when, but that was all pre-rendered stuff, nothing to do with the actual game.

Zero went through a shit load of changes over the course of development.

I wonder if Versus got reworked following the negative backlash of F13.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

Versus was always an action RPG from day 1, I thought.

That 2011 trailer still looks amazing. Square better not be putting this game on the backburner. Everything else can wait.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »

Zero went through a shit load of changes over the course of development.

I assume you're referring to the fact that it was originally planned for cell phones since I don't know any other major changes that occurred during its development.  But if you read the post-release interviews and stuff they really give the impression that the cell phone game was little more than an idea that never really got off the ground.  By the time serious work on the game started they had already switched platforms to PSP.  Switching platforms in the very early stage of a game's development isn't that strange.  The strange thing is announcing the game while it's still in that stage.

That's what I pieced together from various sources, anyway.  I didn't exactly save the links, though.  The only one I found with a quick search was this

Type-0 was announced five years back, Kitase reminded, adding that he's happy to see it released. The game was in actual development for three and a half years, said Tabata, although there was a period where progress was at a bare minimum as he was working on a different project (The 3rd Birthday). He doesn't feel that the development was long, and wants to get to work on his next game.

Note the "actual development" distinction.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »

from SQEX.info:

By the way, we previously asked you about an announcement regarding Final Fantasy Versus XIII, is there any information you can share about when that would be?

Nomura: We hear from everyone that there is a high demand to release more information. We are almost finished preparing so we can respond to that. Even though we are in agreement, itís really not related to current developments so we arenít in a situation to release information about it. But since Iím not allowed to speak about it, I have no choice but to continue discussion in this way about it.

- Famitsu Weekly KH3D Interview Ė The ending reveals all!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: