Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 03:06:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319107 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Why does BioWare hate blondes?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Why does BioWare hate blondes?  (Read 2596 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 12:04:21 AM »

They changed her hair color because it looked better with the Cerberus uniform they settled on and dark hair better suited her "femme fatale" persona.  That's the story I heard.

The prior default was a red head, or at least auburn. Going with red was the most fitting to maintain consistency between games, nevermind that most people preferred it. If she was blond from the start I'd have no problem, but I'd h ate to have a completely different looking Shepard suddenly made the default for the last chapter, even though it seems they kind of did that anyway face-wise.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 12:17:15 AM »

They changed her hair color because it looked better with the Cerberus uniform they settled on and dark hair better suited her "femme fatale" persona.  That's the story I heard.

The prior default was a red head, or at least auburn. Going with red was the most fitting to maintain consistency between games, nevermind that most people preferred it. If she was blond from the start I'd have no problem, but I'd h ate to have a completely different looking Shepard suddenly made the default for the last chapter, even though it seems they kind of did that anyway face-wise.

He was talking about Miranda, not FemShep, I think.  The early designs do show Miranda as blonde.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 06:15:54 AM »

I have a complaint, why the hell are there no fat character in most bioware titles besides the volus? Is bioware discriminating against the larger community? I find it offensive as a porker myself that bioware has limited fat characters to a secondary when most of america is comprised of obese people. I mean, we outnumber everyone 2 to 1, which when equated to size, is more like 5 to 1. Bioware, for shame!
I know, right?  Is there even a single fat person in Dragon Age?  Even all of the dwarves have the same semi-ripped body type. 

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »

He was talking about Miranda, not FemShep, I think.  The early designs do show Miranda as blonde.

Oh, whoops.

Still, that rationale sounds right to me, given the type of character she was black seemed more appropriate, though I guess they could've just given her a black suit instead and still gotten the look down.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 10:27:10 AM »

I don't think I'm changing the parameters of my observation/question - I explicitly state in the first post that I didn't count DLC

Dragon Age: Awakening is a full-blown expansion that was sold at retail for $40, not a tiny piece of DLC that gives you an extra character.  The fact that you have the option to download it is irrelevant.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »

WHY AIN'T THERE NO ANIMALS WHO TALK AND HAVE MISADVENTURES IN BIOWARE GAMES?11
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

Boo talks.  To Minsc.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »

Silly, food can't go on an adventure, only people can.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 11:43:53 AM »

It's probably easier to make hair look better when it's darker. All the cleavage and ass modeling they've got and hair still looks a little bit off.

Edit: I don't care for the Femshep image they picked for the CE. The male one looks a bit stoic but Fem looks a bit greazy, like she just got done doing space pilates.

This makes me sad because the new artist Bioware hired after seeing his awesome fanart is... fucking awesome.  Weird direction they took with fem-shep, the artist is much better than that.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 11:44:20 AM »

Boo talks.  To Minsc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XFxKXdbqY
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »

It's probably easier to make hair look better when it's darker. All the cleavage and ass modeling they've got and hair still looks a little bit off.

Edit: I don't care for the Femshep image they picked for the CE. The male one looks a bit stoic but Fem looks a bit greazy, like she just got done doing space pilates.

This makes me sad because the new artist Bioware hired after seeing his awesome fanart is... fucking awesome.  Weird direction they took with fem-shep, the artist is much better than that.

How come she looks NOTHING like Yvonne Strahovski?

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »

Miranda didn't really either...  Fucking Kristen Bell looked like ass in assassins creed.
Say what you will, this is better than most fanart

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »

Miranda didn't really either...  Fucking Kristen Bell looked like ass in assassins creed.
Say what you will, this is better than most fanart
Oh absolutely, she looks amazing in that picture, but I stand by statement. In game, she does look just like her....well, at least during the cutscenes (me2 sex scene in engineering anyone?). I don't like ass-assins creed, so I don't know about ms sarah marshall.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »

Gee it sure is asses around here.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 04:49:14 PM »

I didn't like the initial blonde FemShep they picked not because she was blonde, but she just looked so washed out. The pale skin + blonde hair just didn't look good together, or something.

Honestly? I like the new default. I'm playing as her now and the in-game model grew on me. Sure, on the CE cover she could look more battle-worn (and less left the salon) as MShep and use a bit less makeup but she's nice to look at. =P Patryk Garret's art of her (my icon) also grew on me. I guess I just like that battle-frenzy look she has.

As for Miranda, when I last saw Yvonne Strahovski I remember studying her face a lot and she has Miranda similarities. There's also the fact that since Miranda is 'genetically perfect,' her face is unnaturally symmetrical and that could be throwing people off. I think it makes her look creepy, myself.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:57:39 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: