Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 07:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327399 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime  (Read 1655 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2006, 01:55:22 AM »

Making a proper DQ:RS thread. It's shipping tomorrow (or today for you East Coasters), and I'll probably pick it up Wednesday or Friday. Anyone else interested in this?
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 03:23:48 AM »

I've got it preordered. I'm quite interested in it. 1UP gave it a 8.5 rating.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »

Game Informer gave this game an 8.25 out of 10 and named it the Handheld Game of the Month!  I can't wait to play it.  I pre-ordered it and got the free keychain!  If you want to see my keychains, there should be a thread up somewhere on this forum.  I really want to play it because my roomates are getting it, too and we are all going to tank battle!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:51:28 PM »

Something I realized: We're being bombarded with high quality Zelda-type games this holiday season. This, Okami, and Twilight Princess (dur)... Damn. I think we were lucky to get just /one/ a year prior. :P

Oh, and EGM gave it their game of the month period this month, which included the 1up score.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 01:15:14 AM »

So many cool games this month, it's killing me (which made up for the lackluster summer). I defanitely want to pick this one up, but I will just wait it out for the time being and get it sometime after my manga con next month. Only game I would go get before is Contact due to Atlus notorious habit of producing less than average copies. At least with Square-Enix, I would see their products for a while.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 01:25:11 AM »

I'll give you guys a sneak peak of the review before it goes up.

I gave it an 80.

Review up tomorrow sometime.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 01:28:57 AM »

Ouch, bit of a lower score than expected, but an opinion is an opinion. I mainly looked at the screens so I do not know too much about the game itself. One of those "going with my gut" purcahses honestly, but it doe's look like it will provide some quirky fun.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 01:31:36 AM »

*weeps for the depreciation of an 8/10 score*

Seriously though, it really just didn't seem like a game worthy of higher than an 8. A game that tries more for being fun and accessible than some groundbreaking game that wows everyone. But then that's why I sometimes like the games that score in the 8 region more than those in the 9s.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 01:36:19 AM »

I feel the same way overall Eus though I don't take socre into consideration. A lot of the games I wind up loving are the ones no one plays or even hears of it's existance :p

None of my friends know what the hell Digital Devil Saga and Suikoden are for example though it is not really surprising. Just an example. Well anyhow, I look forward to the review. Curiosity kicked in.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 09:57:53 AM »

Actually, an 80 on this site is a pretty good score. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to shake your dick..err....a stick at.

I am interested in this game. I just picked up a black DS for this game and for FFIII. There are other games I am wanting, but those were my two main reasons for getting it at this current time. That and I have a long trip next thursday and I didn't feel like bringing along my old SP.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 06:44:51 PM »

Picked up the game today, and enjoying it. It is on the easy side, unsurprisingly.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »

Yeah, but it's amazing, isn't it?!  I'm having way too much fun playing this game!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: