Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 02:55:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319107 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sting and Idea Factory performs the Fu-Sion-Ha dance and becomes Super Sting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Sting and Idea Factory performs the Fu-Sion-Ha dance and becomes Super Sting  (Read 4865 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »

Haha, well, there would be lots of death and strategic losses.  Actually, I can't see Hakuoki effectively becoming a SRPG because you'd have to lose 2/3 of the battles in the last few chapters of the game.

Still, if they found a way it might be interesting.  Actually, the very premise would be neat.  Usually SRPGs are about outwitting your foes through tactics, but Hakuoki is all about lost causes, no matter how skilled you are.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:32:03 PM by Cyril » Logged
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

GoC6 looks halfway decent. Which, for IF, is pretty close to miraculous.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »

I'm just wondering who would translate it if it got licensed. Atlus or NISA?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:14 PM »

Probably depends on who publishes in Japan. It seems more an IF game developed by Sting though, much like Dungeon Siege 3 is a Gas Powered game developed by Obsidian.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »

Generation of Chaos is pretty much IF's best SRPG series.  The older ones at least were much better than their newer games, with true strategy and lack of grinding. That's not to say it's a brilliant SRPG, but it's unquestionably better than their recent offerings. 
I wasn't aware of any Generation of Chaos game that played like a traditional SRPG? I wouldn't call it an SRPG, anyway.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 09:30:15 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/17/stings-generation-of-chaos-wont-be-the-generation-of-chaos-you-played-before/

Details on the gameplay.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »

Generation of Chaos is pretty much IF's best SRPG series.  The older ones at least were much better than their newer games, with true strategy and lack of grinding. That's not to say it's a brilliant SRPG, but it's unquestionably better than their recent offerings.
I wasn't aware of any Generation of Chaos game that played like a traditional SRPG? I wouldn't call it an SRPG, anyway.

You must have a very narrow view of what a SRPG is, then.  

Honestly, that they're changing things up so drastically makes me more cautious. They might accidentally throw out what little good they had.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:56:15 AM by Cyril » Logged
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »

Indeed. Also, this serie is very niche and usually niche gamers don't like change much.
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »

srpgs have become very diverse this gen
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 06:21:44 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/27/generation-of-chaos-6-from-sting-could-be-mistaken-for-a-music-game/

We've got some gameplay videos and it looks like Sting's bringing their usual obtuse game design style for this one. The game's looking like Knights in the Nightmare with IF characters/artwork; the best of both worlds.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »

God, dammit!  That's all I will say about the IF hate.

Otherwise, Super Sting sounds super awesome, but who knows what they'll actually do.

I loved Baroque.  I loved Neptunia (figuratively, dammit!!!)

Very funny though... I'm a good sport.  It's good news to me.

Dear Japanese developers. Let the PSP die already.

I bought a Vita for the PSP games, and the fact that the Vita may have a future.  The PSP definitely doesn't.  Wee.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:05:58 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »

the psp is too popular
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »

the psp is too popular

More like it's too disproportionate between regions. If it were reasonably popular for software sales globally then it wouldn't be a big deal beyond wanting the games on a system with more graphical power or whatever. Here though, it's shifted over the years from "I want these on another platform to look nicer" to "I want these on a platform that'll have games localized here!" It really is a shame because almost every PSP announcement comes off more as taunting us with what we can never have, and while I don't doubt a good chunk of games aren't THAT big of a deal it's still frustrating.
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

the psp is too popular

More like it's too disproportionate between regions. If it were reasonably popular for software sales globally then it wouldn't be a big deal beyond wanting the games on a system with more graphical power or whatever. Here though, it's shifted over the years from "I want these on another platform to look nicer" to "I want these on a platform that'll have games localized here!" It really is a shame because almost every PSP announcement comes off more as taunting us with what we can never have, and while I don't doubt a good chunk of games aren't THAT big of a deal it's still frustrating.

The thing is its 7 years old, its basically on its last legs everywhere. Its very common for games not to get localized at the end of a gen
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 03:48:25 AM »

A whole twelve minutes of gameplay here.  It's going through a complete stage.

Honestly I wasn't too excited about this game at first, but I really enjoyed that clip.  Feels very Sting.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: