Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 05:11:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319666 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Namco Bandai trademarks Tales of Xillia in Europe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Namco Bandai trademarks Tales of Xillia in Europe  (Read 1166 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:03:02 AM »

Tales of Graces f has been out in North America for about a week and it appears Namco Bandai already has plans to localize the next game in the series. Siliconera found a trademark for Tales of Xillia in Europe’s trademark database. Yes, we realize Tales of Graces f isn’t available in PAL territories.

Tales of Xillia came out for PlayStation 3 last year in Japan. The game follows two lead characters, doctor-in-training Jude Mathis and spirit user Milla Maxwell, created by Tales artists Kosuke Fujishima and Mutsumi Inomata. Namco Bandai said they are looking to bring over more Tales titles beyond Graces f and Abyss, so we’ll keep our fingers crossed that this is more than a protective trademark.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/22/shh-dont-tell-anyone-but-we-found-a-tales-of-xillia-trademark/

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

Apparently it happens quite often where they get the trademark, but just sort of hold on to it, not necessarily do anything with it.  We'll see.  I'm sure it's definitely in Banco's plan, I just wonder when.

...just don't say this at the official Tales forum.  They're miserable half the time and accusatory that the company hates them.

Anyways.
Again, I'd be disappointed.  I'm sure a Director's Cut will be announced, then we have Vesperia PS3's incident all over again. ...Man, I wish they'd make the DC a massive DLC. 13-2 is doing a good job of that.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »

Unless Graces f and Abyss 3D were both some sort of unfathomable failure (doubt it given that Abyss 3D has apparently gotten a reprint after almost immediately selling out, and Grace f seems to have some actual buzz) I imagine we'll see Xillia. Then again who knows with these companies sometimes?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »

I want this as DLC...

That's all, I'm out.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »

So it's trademarked in US now too, according to Siliconera.

Yaaay. :)

Now it's just word from Namdai I guess.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 11:52:48 AM »

Day 1

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »

Apparently it happens quite often where they get the trademark, but just sort of hold on to it, not necessarily do anything with it.  We'll see.  I'm sure it's definitely in Banco's plan, I just wonder when.

...just don't say this at the official Tales forum.  They're miserable half the time and accusatory that the company hates them.

Anyways.
Again, I'd be disappointed.  I'm sure a Director's Cut will be announced, then we have Vesperia PS3's incident all over again. ...Man, I wish they'd make the DC a massive DLC. 13-2 is doing a good job of that.

The systems are built for it, I don't see why they couldn't just make DLC for it.  Probably would make them more money, but who knows considering we hear "Japanese people don't like DLC".  At least if it's DLC, other regions will get the DLC whereas a directors cut...

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »

Can they really update the game once more on the same console? It's a bit unheard of if you're not Capcom.

Oh my god, Wii U game.

Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 01:31:14 AM »

If it gets announced here then that'll prolly be the final push I need to get a PS3. I need that Butler with the epic mustache in my liiiiiffffeeeee.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:34:14 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »

Well that sucks for me, by the time it comes out Namco will have laid off everyone I knew there, and I'm not paying full price for Namco anything. :(

Code:
I want the promotion they promised me(yes I know I don't work there anymore, at least something of equal value).

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »

(doubt it given that Abyss 3D has apparently gotten a reprint after almost immediately selling out, and Grace f seems to have some actual buzz)

...and sold out again not too long after the reprint, at least on Amazon. And yeah, Graces f was actually a top-shelf, featured product at my local Gamestop, and I believe the other stores in that mall were selling it, too (If I had known I could've grabbed it at the Mall on release day I wouldn't have ordered it on Amazon...Super Saver. :( ) Granted, this is the same Mall where FYE and Best Buy dedicate two large shelves to anime...still, it should count for something, right? Anyways, I do hope this means we'll see Tales of Xillia in the west some day. I really am looking forward to that game.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: