Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:48:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335243 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPG girl you would marry?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: RPG girl you would marry?  (Read 8296 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »

WHY ARE THERE SERIOUS ANSWERS
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »

ai raabu mai waifu

my serious response is that I wouldn't want to marry any of them, but I'd love to sit and have a cup of tea/coffee and have serious discussion with many of them. Or just praise them for their moments of courage. Like, after Dagger/Garnet cuts her hair in FFIX. That's just awesome and I want to high-five her. But I do not want to marry her.

Neither do I want to actually be any of the male protagonists from the Ar tonelico series. But I love that series. :)

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »

Not much of a choice though. Mostly due to RPG females either being prone to kidnapping (which would get annoying), being prone to triggering some kind of plot based destructive surges of energy (home ownership's a bitch), being prone to dying young (granted this one would too but at least there's a Valkyrie Staff for that (provided anyone could use the damn thing)), being prone to spawning derpy kids (taken care of in this scenario), being prone to be underaged in a rather creepy way (nuff said), being prone to having traumatic pasts (hello massive psychiatric bills), being prone to be useless as hell (especially inside a kitchen, nothing like cooking that's toxic as hell), or some combination of the above.

Good point, but you're forgetting a few:
-half of them appear to have an eating disorder. 'Oh no, I weigh 100 pounds, I'm way too heavy! From now on I'll only eat apples!'
-even the independent ones don't function well in society. Not being able to bathe regularly and dressing themselves properly are common problems. For instance, most seem to be unable to dress appropriatly for something as simple as taking a walk in winter (they'll wear a bikinitop, a miniskirt with half a dozen zippers and snowboots with heels, or something like that)

Forgot about the rampant anorexia but I do feel that part of it is at least due to underagedness of depicted females and mostly due to the fact that they're based off of conservative Japanese BMIs without any consideration to the whole idea of athletic builds, body fat, or skeletons (plus it tends to afflict everybody and not just females).

Having temperate immunity does have it's advantages though along with complete immunity to filth or wear and tear even though realistically speaking, most video game female attire wouldn't last five minutes in the real world, and the same could be said of male wear as well but for different reasons (body paint alone isn't enough to save you from an indecent exposure charge and hey remember that full suit of plate mail with spikes on its spikes and that gun/sword that's as large as you are....?).

Additionally I could see the lack of potty training and healthy feminine hygiene to be an issue as well, but this is as far as I'm willing to cross that line on.

Aeolus- Well...there's this lady for you, I guess.

I'll admit it, I've never played Lunar:EB before, but given that it's a Game Arts game I can already seduce that I wouldn't like the character given that she's irrelevant to the plot either because she's mostly annoying, or gone as soon as her tenuously strained ties to the plot give depending on whether she has any significant screen time or not. So far the most likeable female protags I've seen in a GA game would have to be the protags of Walking School.

Frankly I'm having fun sperging out over the ridiculousness of imagining any of these 'female characters' actually trying to function in the real world. Or are you referring to somebody else?

Besides my real answer would be to make my own RPG girl, with Blackjack and T.J. Hookers, or to say "Fuck it, I've got a life!" and get a real one (BO be dammed).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »

Probably Maya from P2. Good job, cute, smart, funny.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »

But have you seen Maya's apartment?  It's a pigsty!  Maya's great and seems like a girl I'd date in real life (she even looks like an amalgamation of various women I've known), but the slovenliness is a huge turnoff for a clean-livin' boy like me.

Klyde's post reminds me of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8g_t2tfbz8

Like Ramza, I sure as hell wouldn't want to marry a fictional character.  Have coffee and conversations with them, sure why the heck not?  EDIT: Actually, perhaps I should take that back.  Having played as many ren'ai (love adventure) games as I have, I'm not sure I could handle another by-the-numbers conversation with a cliched archetype... although it is fun to tease the tsunderes. 

That being said, we all had our cartoon and pixel crushes when we were younger.  I seem to have had a thing for cartoon redheads (i.e. Daphne from Scooby Doo, Josie from Josie and the Pussycats, Firestar from Spider-friends, Jessica Rabbit, Ariel from Little Mermaid).  I guess my first RPG pixel crush was for Nei from Phantasy Star 2.  

But then I grew up because pixel crushes are silly.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:34:49 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »

i loved jean when she stopped being a dancer and became a monk. as for her relevance to the story i think each of the playable characters except hiro and lucia have ties to one of the villians.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »

I decided to adjust my answer. I would also like to marry Agrias from FFTactics, simply because she's the most impressive female in tactics, and probably the single least pathetic female in the ff universe til XII's Fran.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »

I decided to adjust my answer. I would also like to marry Agrias from FFTactics, simply because she's the most impressive female in tactics, and probably the single least pathetic female in the ff universe til XII's Fran.

Wasn't Fran's entire purpose was to say the phrase "The Mist ect..." in an accented voice while pretending to be a less hairy Chewbacca?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 01:29:07 AM »

PFFT, ya'll need to get on board to the real definition of a woman:

Marriage material. TRUTH.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 01:38:50 AM »

mitsuru kirijo D:

Yup yup

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 01:43:52 AM »

PFFT, ya'll need to get on board to the real definition of a woman:

Marriage material. TRUTH.
Ha hah, macha.

TASTY!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »

Aya Brea from Parasite Eve

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 08:46:56 PM »

Tifa. Advent Children version:P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:51:15 PM by Esper_Crusader » Logged

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »

Tifa. Advent Children version:P

She looked too much like a Jpop idol compared to how... i dunno, she just came off as needing to look like the "popular Japanese look" than I feel how drawings of her captured.

http://idnar.deviantart.com/art/Tifa-Combine-12381930

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 12:16:47 AM »

Adventifa is just Rinoa trying to trick you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: