Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331747 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Demon's Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print
Author Topic: Demon's Souls  (Read 40870 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »

Even with DeS on its death bed, online is pretty dead, sadly. Even in 4-1, I hardly got any invasions(127 char).

I'll miss this game's atmosphere so much. Dark is great, but DeS has so many little touches that I think give it life, especially Boletarian Palace with the corpses everywhere and the barricades.

You can tell the humans put up one heck of a fight, and lost. Badly.

Also, the messages are way more comedic and less serious in tone in DeS.

'Hi!'

'I told you so.'

'Welcome!'

'Did you think there'd be a hint?'

etc.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2012, 01:54:49 AM »

Glad I played this game. Top 10 all time for me.

I liked finding the message that was like "i'm so alone" in random corners.

BTW if anyone finds a good clip of the character creation music please share.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2012, 12:25:40 AM »

Glad I played this game. Top 10 all time for me.

I played it recently and have to agree its great... I'm not sure which I like better, this or Dark Souls, I guess they're pretty equal to me.

I like the healing leaves in this tho. The item grind to me is a bit more how I like it than having the flasks (I know they did that for difficulty reasons but... nah).

I put 75 hours on it and then had to part as i did with Amalur. 75 hours for $30 bucks (import price) is pretty damn good tho! I only put 50 hours on Amalur and bought that on release day.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2012, 12:38:50 AM »

I like Dark and Demon's about equally.  I think for the most part Demon's has the better atmosphere (Dark's mainly atmospheric in New Londo), but Dark has better roleplaying opportunities.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: May 11, 2012, 01:50:03 AM »

I like the set up of the world in Dark Souls a bit better than the more traditional set up Demon Souls had. I also like in Dark Souls how when you simply ingaged the bonefire the enemies respawned, when I wanted to grind in Demons Souls, the loads and reloads killed a bit of time. I also have to say I like the enemies a bit more in Dark Souls and the fact that you actually appeared undead rather than the glow look in Demons Souls.

However, all in all, I can't say one is better than the other. Such solid games.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: May 11, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »

I like Dark and Demon's about equally.  I think for the most part Demon's has the better atmosphere (Dark's mainly atmospheric in New Londo), but Dark has better roleplaying opportunities.

Yeah I agree, Demon's Souls is a great experience while Dark Souls is good game. The only that FromSoftware needs to do in the next title is combining this two things and they have one hell of game to offer, and if they can come up with something new then that would be even better.

The only question I have is if this next game ever happens there's a possibility to be released on PC or not. I mean now with Dark Souls coming to PC is pretty obvious wondering about that, not to mention that there has been quite a few people getting bored of consoles and going to PC in the last few years.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 11, 2012, 10:05:55 AM »

I like the set up of the world in Dark Souls a bit better than the more traditional set up Demon Souls had. I also like in Dark Souls how when you simply ingaged the bonefire the enemies respawned, when I wanted to grind in Demons Souls, the loads and reloads killed a bit of time. I also have to say I like the enemies a bit more in Dark Souls and the fact that you actually appeared undead rather than the glow look in Demons Souls.

However, all in all, I can't say one is better than the other. Such solid games.

i agree it was cool that they tried to make you look deader. however, i actually hated the the way you looked when you were hollow so i wore a thieves mask the whole time. i thought it looked like a pale dude wearing green lipstick. i think if it gave you red eyes and made you look like all the other hollowed out things your fighting it would've looked cooler.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »

I only understood that in Demon's Souls your character looked the way it did when it was dead because his/her soul was trapped in the Nexus and that's why you can never truly die.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »

Demon's Souls stays Online, In other news black phantom kills thousands

Atlus was going to pull the plug on the Demon's Souls servers at the end of May, but the online experience will live on for "the foreseeable future." -- Source: Siliconera

FUCK YES!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2012, 08:07:46 PM »

Demon's Souls stays Online, In other news black phantom kills thousands

Atlus was going to pull the plug on the Demon's Souls servers at the end of May, but the online experience will live on for "the foreseeable future." -- Source: Siliconera

FUCK YES!

this is awesome. I have more time to finally get around to this game and enjoy the online experience!

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2012, 07:10:07 PM »

I actually think Sony might be the one keeping it online, by the wording in the press release. To lose such an important component of one of the PS3's highest rated exclusives would be a hit to the console.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2012, 10:14:01 PM »

I actually think Sony might be the one keeping it online, by the wording in the press release. To lose such an important component of one of the PS3's highest rated exclusives would be a hit to the console.

That, and it WAS their game originally, they may see it worth stepping in finally for.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: