Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 08:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327552 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Class of Heroes 2 Kickstarter by MonkeyPaw Games and Gaijin Works
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Class of Heroes 2 Kickstarter by MonkeyPaw Games and Gaijin Works  (Read 6269 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »

Well, he seems to mostly just want to incorporate improvements from later entries, which seems harmless enough. Though he also wants to eliminate excessive confirmations, and I half wonder if that might be a mistake. We'll see I guess, or maybe I can try the original and go, yes, this really is over the top and dumb.

Once he starts dabbling in BALANCE though then all bets are off.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/classheroes/classheroes2/classheroes2int.html

Might as well post this here.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »

7/30 days in and they've barely accumulated over 10% of their goal. Not looking so good. XP
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »

Well, the main page here hasn't updated with a link yet...

But yeah, I have a bad feeling this is doomed. They didn't prep this as much as they should have. You can't add additional incentives along the way, you should get that ready before launching the KS.

Even a video would've helped.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2012, 09:17:16 AM »

It's an admirable idea to want to improve on the games original UI or mechanics or produce elaborate packaging, but it tends to lead to long delays. I thought that was what sunk Working Designs in the first place.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »

It might have helped if they had any idea of what they were doing to begin with like knowing that offering physical feelies as a bonus to a PSN title isn't such a swift idea. Maybe offering something other than their services for such an exorbitant price would've helped too. It would also help if they didn't try turning every release they make into a collectathon that'll be impossible to find at a reasonable price at any time in the future.

This all harkens back to my original problem with VI which is the fact that he approaches localization and business like a gamer/collector and not as a businessman. In the 90's this worked because who the hell else was there. In the 00's this didn't work because of the rise of the internet/emulation and of guys like Atlus and XSeeD showing up doing the same job but actually knowing what they are doing and not running themselves into the ground.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »

Honestly? I think he's asking for too much.

Compare that to -
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/the-banner-saga

Who only asks for $100,000, yet promises much more, including hiring some big names now that they've surpassed their goal. 
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/07/mangagamer-add-voices-back-into-koihime-musou/

Another example of how he could have done things. Aim to bring the game out first and then provide additional support later on if the game does well enough to warrant it.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »

Front page news right here, from Vic:

The funding situation isn't great right now, but we're stll raising awareness and not giving up. If it funds, it funds. I really want to do this awesome deluxe pack and really show what they should be, and I think the character voices we could do would be fun (losing John Truitt as Galenos, the creepy school doctor, would be a crime) but if the support's not there, we'll just do a basic localization and digital release then move on. It would suck, but it's better than not getting the game at all which was the case before we picked it up. The game had zero chance of coming over before we picked it up, and it's one of the best fun riffs on Wizardry in long time. We're not giving up until it's over. I've done more interviews in the last week than I've done in the last two years, and we still have a bunch more to do.

(losing John Truitt as Galenos, the creepy school doctor, would be a crime)

JOHN TRUITT AS GALENOS!!

Themadcow
RPGing since '84

4 groups of 99 Berzerkers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »

Probably the worst idea I've seen for a kickstarter, and that's coming from someone who is actually quite keen to play COH2.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »

I would support a Kickstarter to localize it but not to have a Limited Edition.

I will buy Class of Heroes 2 but I'm not so big a fan as to support the extra swag.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »

Sadly, I think that's how everyone feels.

People thought their first kickstarter would be to get a unlocalized game brought here, but that seems to be literally an impossible idea because of how the industry works. You either get the rights or don't, apparently.

Guess it's just up to us fan translators then.

Also, nice interview, but I kind of wish you'd been a bit more aggressive. NeoGAF really took Vic to task, and we got a lot of answers out of him as a result.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »

Not to mention this is like the worst possible time to try and push off a PSP special edition anyway. With the release of the Vita RPG fans of the PSP games have either jumped to a Vita or like have switched to a PSPGo (as the Vita's launch forced the price down to normal PSP pricing; and the 16GB internal memory for free coupled with the fact that every single JRPG is available for digital download with one major ommission). As such there is virtually no reason for JRPG fans to want to buy physical UMD games; and as such no reason to even 'want' a special edition.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »

Well, here's our interview with Vic Ireland:

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Victor_Ireland_CoH2_Interview/index.html

I approve of this nonsense!
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »

I'll probably skip since I wasn't particularly fond of the first Class of Heroes. I'd rather have one of the missing Tales games if Namco would get their heads out of their asses and let other companies localize their games.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: