Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 12:33:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340870 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Class of Heroes 2 Kickstarter by MonkeyPaw Games and Gaijin Works
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Class of Heroes 2 Kickstarter by MonkeyPaw Games and Gaijin Works  (Read 7513 times)
Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »

Loved Working Designs and teir bonus content. I loved their the making CDs

but If they are planning to create that stuff again. it really isnt worth it if they will jack up the price as they did with the others
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »

Yeah. Sure. No Clinton jokes. But Obama and Bush II jokes are still fair game. Amirite?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:31 PM »

Yeah. Sure. No Clinton jokes. But Obama and Bush II jokes are still fair game. Amirite?

Did you play Growlanser II/III or Arc The Lad? They had no pop culture jokes like that.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »

Yeah. Working Designs was...questionable when it came to lighthearted non-essential elements, but they did leave serious elements alone, and they mostly left the plots alone.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »

They seem to do it on a game-by-game basis. Alundra pretty much completely avoided that stuff, which was for the best since
Code:
everyone was dropping like flies. I never got more than, I dunno, a third or half way through the game, but at the rate it was going [I]every character was going to be dead but probably two.[/I] Not the kind of game to just throw jokes around in.

Meanwhile, Albert Odyssey, a more generic/light hearted game beyond its opening had quite a few jokes thrown in.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »

Not to mention this is like the worst possible time to try and push off a PSP special edition anyway. With the release of the Vita RPG fans of the PSP games have either jumped to a Vita or like have switched to a PSPGo (as the Vita's launch forced the price down to normal PSP pricing; and the 16GB internal memory for free coupled with the fact that every single JRPG is available for digital download with one major ommission). As such there is virtually no reason for JRPG fans to want to buy physical UMD games; and as such no reason to even 'want' a special edition.

I still use my psp 2000 and ALWAYS prefer physical copies of my games as well as physical data storage I can transfer, one system to the next if need be.... I always will.....though I imagine my affinity for such places me in a minority who may be behind the times a bit....

Loved Working Designs and teir bonus content. I loved their the making CDs

agreed! I have a little "working designs shrine" in my living room featuring the limited edition Arc the Lad Collection, Lunar SSSC, Lunar Eternal Blue, Growlanser HoW, and Growlanser G...... you have no idea how upset I am that ages ago I sold off my sega saturn and all my working designs titles (I had every one damnit!!).... look at the value of those on e-bay now.....

As for the class of heroes stuff..... I am ashamed to say it.... but I would totally make a huge donation to get a high level reward if I had the money.... the whole thing actually seems like a pretty cool concept to me.... albeit, a little presumptuous in some respects.... but I like it none-the-less

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 02:56:20 AM »

I still use my psp 2000 and ALWAYS prefer physical copies of my games as well as physical data storage I can transfer, one system to the next if need be.... I always will.....though I imagine my affinity for such places me in a minority who may be behind the times a bit....

I'm actually not sure you really ARE in a minority so much as that more and more physical's becoming too much of an expense whether it's due to minimum print runs or just the costs of producing them, even if the majority of the fan base would want it. Only so much to do when producing a physical copy kills the profit margin, or worse retailers simply WON'T stock the physical copy.

Though here I think part of is that people don't really want to shell out $60 for a sequel to a mediocre dungeon crawler on a system with a successor that won't play the version they get, especially when most of the goods may be stuff they don't care about. If they got a bigger license and threw this on it, like Growlanser, it'd probably get significantly closer to the goal at worst.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:01:46 AM by Eusis » Logged
Federax

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »

Klyde Chroma, you do know that Growlanser HOW wasn't published by Working Designs don't you?
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2012, 06:52:28 PM »

Klyde Chroma, you do know that Growlanser HOW wasn't published by Working Designs don't you?

Oops.... yea.... Atlus.... sorry.... its still in my shrine though.... it belongs next to the other :).... Funny how though I knew it, I never thought of it and just always considerred that the "Working Designs" corner of my abode.... that is gonna sort-of bother me now-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2012, 08:29:46 PM »

Meanwhile....

If only VI had waited for this game instead, I might have been more interested. :negative:

Did you play Growlanser II/III or Arc The Lad? They had no pop culture jokes like that.

I have and I know; my comment was based on the fact that the comment was as specific as that was instead of saying "no president jokes" or something along those lines.

Edit: http://andriasang.com/con0pt/new_class_of_heroes_screens/

Or maybe not so interested.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:15:24 AM by Aeolus » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 05:00:24 AM »

Was kinda hoping for a DQ-style throwback like 7th Dragon. Ah well, it's likely it'd have been significantly weaker than the real deal anyway.
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9098880

According to the podcast, assuming the kickstarter fails it will be localized and out before the end of september which is good

And they said whether it succeeds or not will not determine of they do more games, just the format
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

Bumping for the trip report.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/25/reflections-on-the-class-of-heroes-ii-campaign-with-gaijinworks-and-monkeypaw/

Apparently they still don't quite get it.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:44 PM »

VC: There’s definitely a smaller active JRPG fanbase now than when Working Designs was around, but I’d like to think that was due to a combination of that fanbase aging into grownup lives with less time for it and the game industry not handling the transition well of the next generation of fans that came up.

That's not even true... is it? At least from my experience, WAY more people are into JRPGs now than they have been before.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »

VC: There’s definitely a smaller active JRPG fanbase now than when Working Designs was around, but I’d like to think that was due to a combination of that fanbase aging into grownup lives with less time for it and the game industry not handling the transition well of the next generation of fans that came up.

That's not even true... is it? At least from my experience, WAY more people are into JRPGs now than they have been before.

I imagine it's more likely it's generally different, some of the old guard has moved on and the newer ones, and even those that remained, have very different priorities and preferences. That, and honestly I doubt CoH2 would've been an easy sell even during their PS1 glory days. I guess he sort has a point on the industry not doing much to bring in a new audience, but that may be more due to how powerful marketting has been, wouldn't surprise me that a 10 year old who would've noticed, say, Final Fantasy if he were in the 90s gets hit by a CoD blitz today and sticks with that, half to play with his friends.

Though I found this sort of baffling.

We don’t have a long list of PS2 imports yet, but those have been on our radar. Konami and of course Hudson have so much great stock to offer, not to mention Square. I think as more companies bring back older licenses (most recently Activision and Diablo III—yet another dungeon crawler like Class of Heroes 2), you’ll start to see the original digital releases from all publishers. Fans want it and the releases help build recognition for the brand and the company.

I can't think of many RPGs further apart than Diablo III and Class of Heroes, though I guess the bigger point is being able to bring back something old. Still, Blizzard games has a star power akin to Mario that most games simply don't have.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: