Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 04:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329864 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Level5s PS3 RPG
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Level5s PS3 RPG  (Read 4416 times)
Souplak

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »

Im surprised that the game doesnt use the same art style as their previous games. I wonder if the game will have some connections to their PSP game. This is the reason ill get a PS3, hopefully it wont be to long until it gets released here in Europe.

http://img103.imagevenue.com/loc586/th_31526_uporg521557_122_586lo.jpg
Souplak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:09:40 PM »

Quote from: "Kup"
Interesting.  I have always been very excited by new Level 5 titles right after I played Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle where I am in Europe).  I agree with you on the subject of the art work, but nonetheless it gives me a few more reasons to pick up a PS3 (not until March 2007 in Europe now!).  Damn.

I actually planned to pick up a 360 tomorrow ( with Ninja Gaiden Black ) but this game and the announcment of Ninja Gaiden Sigma my reason for getting a 360 now is gone and ill probably get on after I get a PS3.

Btw I saw a scan that showed an enemy from WKS and it looks like some of them will be as big as the colossi from Shadow of the Colossus.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 06:31:44 PM »

...but I doubt it will feature the grand battles that Shadow of the Colossus featured.  Alas battling enemies with a similar scale should be something to look forward to in any genre of game.

I'll keep my eye on this title for sure.

Level5 made Shadow of the Colossus?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 06:36:01 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"
...but I doubt it will feature the grand battles that Shadow of the Colossus featured.  Alas battling enemies with a similar scale should be something to look forward to in any genre of game.

Fuck no. But this game sounds similar. Except instead of David vs Goliath, this seems more like Ultraman vs Monster-of-the-week. Need to see better scans though.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Fuck no. But this game sounds similar. Except instead of David vs Goliath, this seems more like Ultraman vs Monster-of-the-week. Need to see better scans though.

Yeah, I didn't think so. That's why I was confused when that guy mentioned something about Shadow of The Colossus battles in a thread about a level 5 RPG.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 08:09:31 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Ultraman or Power Rangers. Also, the epic battles sound like the airship battles in Skies of Arcadia.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »

I was thinking Power Rangers too, but went with Ultraman since it seems like the giant battles are /the/ focus, and the fact the character transforms into the giant white knight. :P
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 09:10:19 PM »

Yeah, I didn't think so. That's why I was confused when that guy mentioned something about Shadow of The Colossus battles in a thread about a level 5 RPG.

So comparisons to other RPG's aren't allowed if they weren't made by the same company?

Has anyone found a better scan? I can't see a thing with the current one.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 09:17:40 PM »

I don't think that's what he meant, I think he just got confused for a moment. I'd like to note that if this is really SotC + Ultraman, this may not really be much of an RPG in the end. :P

Jeux-France has a slightly better one, but it's still pretty shrimpy.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 08:18:37 AM »

Quote from: "Merkava"

So comparisons to other RPG's aren't allowed if they weren't made by the same company?

Has anyone found a better scan? I can't see a thing with the current one.

I didn't say that. The way he worded his sentence made it seem to me that he was saying Level 5 made Shadow of The Colossus. That's all.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »

the complete set of scans http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=17238&table=game_ps04&main=ps
really the game looks awesome

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 10:19:39 PM »

I think the game looks damn good.  I would like to see some high quality screenshot, though.  The look of this game actually makes me mildly interested in the Playstation 3.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »

Quote from: "MonCapitan2002"
I think the game looks damn good.  I would like to see some high quality screenshot, though.  The look of this game actually makes me mildly interested in the Playstation 3.

Do you expect any game on the PS3 to look bad though? At this point, every game should look good on a next generation console.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 10:37:56 PM »

I meant that the game looks interesting.  I wasn't necessarily referring to the visuals (although they do indeed look impressive).  That is what I meant.  The concept of the game intrigues me.  I also happen to like the developers of the game.

Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 12:22:42 AM »

Hm...looks very nice, but most of those shots look like concept art rather than actual screenshots.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: