Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 02:32:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329974 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  NISA Announces 3 PS3 RPG Releases
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: NISA Announces 3 PS3 RPG Releases  (Read 2052 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »

Legasista; Summer 2012 / Press Release

Mugen Souls; Fall 2012 / Press Release

The Witch and the Hundred Knights; 2013 / Press Release

I think Mugen Souls had it's own topic here but I don't recall, just sharing the announcement for anyone not following Prinny Bomb.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:47:57 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 01:47:48 AM »

I'm dumbstruck Mugen Souls is coming here. Then again they ARE censoring some stuff, so maybe it shouldn't be a huge problem.

I AM interested in the other two games though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:52:05 AM »

Next year? Well shit. :(

I wonder if I'll be interested in the game by then.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:55:24 AM »

Next year? Well shit. :(

I wonder if I'll be interested in the game by then.

. . . Do you have the attention span of a gnat?
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »

I missed that notice. I feel sorry for NISA now though; they're about to get a Mass Effect level of nasty emails. I don't know if anyone around here followed it but there's an Online CCG called 'Sword Girls' that I participated in the Closed Beta thereof. It's basically a moe-blob CCG (What can I say? I like cuteness and am pretty much desperate for CCGs since my local gaming groups have been dead for well over a year). One particular card caused a stink of massive levels due to a 'content change'. It was called Kata Flina; basically is was a 'vampire girl; looks like she's 8 years old but "really isn't" ' archetype with an outfit so skimpy she pretty much exposing nearly 50% of her breasts.

So the company decided between CB1 and CB2 to commission new art of her in a less potentially offensive outfit in order to keep the game from basically being M-rated material ala Ar Tonelico style. As T-level rating = more players = more money. Sounds reasonable right?

The community erupted. Like thousands of posts crying about censorship with some of the most hateful and vile things to be said towards those who actually approved of the censorship. So much so that the company had to outright promise any future card art changes would be a community vote in order to do damage control. Between that and the fact that the game wasn't really that good to begin with I dumped Sword Girls soon after. XP (That and previews of future cards revealed a lot of the content to be pretty tacky.)

If NISA games are niche; Sword Girls is niche-niche. So...I'd hate to be working at NISA's PR department tomorrow. XP
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:01:59 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 02:20:37 AM »

. . . Do you have the attention span of a gnat?

With Nippon Ichi titles? Yeah.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:12:11 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:31:03 AM »

I'm dumbstruck Mugen Souls is coming here. Then again they ARE censoring some stuff, so maybe it shouldn't be a huge problem.

I AM interested in the other two games though.

What needed censoring?  I haven't been watching the game.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:31:33 AM »

If NISA games are niche; Sword Girls is niche-niche. So...I'd hate to be working at NISA's PR department tomorrow. XP

Maybe niche fans are less insane than niche-niche fans?

I refer to my previous post.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:34:40 AM by Kevadu » Logged

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 02:53:38 AM »

Maybe niche fans are less insane than niche-niche fans?

Potentially; but considering Mugen Souls is 'moe-blob target audience' as well I think the overlap is enough that there'll at minimum be a handful of 'ruined forever' e-mails over this. NISA was smart though and didn't specify 'exactly' what they're censoring. So up until release they have plausible deny-ability. They know their audience. XD

Edit: Heh, after re-reading the MS topic I know Klyde will be over the moon when they see this.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:02:59 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 04:35:43 AM »

THATS RIGHT!!!! KLYDE IS OVER THE MOON!!! HECK, KLYDE IS ALL THE WAY TO ONE OF JUPITERS' MOONS AND BACK AGAIN!!!

this is like...... wow... this is like, life is like a box of calorie-free chocolates and I'm eating every freakin' one of em!!!!!

it was me!! I MADE THE THREADS for legasita and mugen souls weeks ago inquiring as to what the chances were I'd ever see these games.... and now all I can say is the "boss" has heard my pleas.... what a year in gaming this shaping up to be for me.... growlanser, gungnir, the possibilty of yet MORE tales titles, one atelier on the way and another already anounced, and now THIS!!

..... I'm gonna quit work and just play games this year I think.... thank the "boss" I don't have a girlfriend or I'd have to dump her just to accomodate the games... life is good folks... life IS GREAT!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 04:47:00 AM »

I refer to my previous post.

Thanks.  That's a bit too much for me.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 07:03:18 AM »

I really like several NIS games (Disgaea 1-4, Makai Kingdom, Soul Nomad) but none of these seem like my joint.  The one that I can see myself enjoying the most is probably Witch and the Hundred Knights.  I'll keep an eye out for reviews as each of these comes out.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 07:09:32 AM »

Legasita looks interesting. A nice actiony title

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »

My snap judgments:

Legasista- I know it's by the ClaDun folks and it looks nice.  I wasn't too keen on ClaDun, but if Legasista has tighter controls and gameplay interfaces/ character growth systems that aren't so obtuse, it could be fun. 

Mugen Souls- Yep, seems like fairly typical !f/Compile Heart.  I felt creepy reading that aspect Kevadu pointed to.  But a part of me is still somewhat morbidly curious if the "altered" aspects affect the game any (i.e. both the Japanese and NA versions of the Albedo-Momo torture scene in Xenosaga I got the point across, even if they were different).

Witch and 100- As long as this game is better than that DS game A Witch's Tale, then there's hope.  The game does have that Halloween cutesy appearance, but again, I feel totally creepy looking at that protagonist. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »

I feel totally creepy looking at that protagonist. 

What's creepy with the knight?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: