Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329396 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  NISA Announces 3 PS3 RPG Releases
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: NISA Announces 3 PS3 RPG Releases  (Read 2039 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »

Mugen Souls- Yep, seems like fairly typical !f/Compile Heart.  I felt creepy reading that aspect Kevadu pointed to.  But a part of me is still somewhat morbidly curious if the "altered" aspects affect the game any (i.e. both the Japanese and NA versions of the Albedo-Momo torture scene in Xenosaga I got the point across, even if they were different).

Witch and 100- As long as this game is better than that DS game A Witch's Tale, then there's hope.  The game does have that Halloween cutesy appearance, but again, I feel totally creepy looking at that protagonist.  

That Albedo torture scene actually ended up creepier without the blade.  I mean, would you rather see someone cut their head off with a knife, or rip it off with their hands?  

Also, a Witch's Tale was partially developed by Hit Maker; Hundred Knights is entirely a NIS product.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:06:54 PM by Cyril » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »

Witch and the Hundred Knights looks like fun, for the Halloween vibe if nothing else.

Legasista looks interesting as well.

What's the battle systems for these? Are these SRPGS? Turn based? Action?

I will probably pass on Mugen Souls. It reminds me a little too much of Neptunia levels of creepiness.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »

Annubis- I was referring to the witch in all the promo art.  I assumed, like an idiot, that she was the protagonist.  But thanks to reading comprehension, yes I get that she's just a leader and you probably play the game as one of her vassal knights.  No issues with the knight.  Witch who looks like an 8 year-old hoochie on the other hand...

But, again, it's not like I can say anything more about the games beyond snap judgments.  If given the opportunity to play any or all of them, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.  Heck, !F completely surprised me with Hakuoki.  That game was fantastic.  

Cyril- I'm aware of the HitMaker connection to A Witch's Tale.  I'm also aware of NIS severing ties with HitMaker and apologizing for Last Rebellion.  But both A Witch's Tale and Hundred Knights have a similar style so I couldn't help but think of A Witch's Tale.  

Oh, and in Xenosaga I*II for DS (JP import) Albedo put a gun to his head.

Lard- Legacista and Hundred Knights are action-RPGs.  Mugen Souls is turn-based.  That's what the press releases say.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:41 PM »

Legasista is roguelike-ish.

Hundred Knights is real time and open world. It's an ARPG, I believe.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 03:02:20 PM »

Mugen ruined with the top-middle screenshot.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »

Witch & 100 is being made by the Prinny team. I'm very optimistic.

Very hyped for Legasista. Mugen can rot.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »

Mugen just makes me despair at the whole thing I saw.  From the stupid dance/sequence, to the dumb chaotic Japanese song in the trailer, to ridiculous space teddy bears, and ridiculous millions of damage.... I get it's supposed to be light hearted, but it just comes off as stupid.... this whole "adorable fighters" thing has gotta go.

I wish they'd give Takeda a rest... his design are getting worse and worse...  

Why do they always look like

>= o

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:16:00 PM by Dice » Logged

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »

I admit, it baffles me how people on certain sites are so fiercely defending Mugen Souls.

I think NISA made the right choice in censorship here. 
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »

People ask why JRPGs aren't doing well in the U.S.

Well it's because of shit like this. I'd be loathe to say I like stuff associated with that, too.

Fuck that shit. Who in their right mind would enjoy it? Are the Japanese fucking insane? What the shit.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »

Hmm, judging from what I see going around, people are more upset with the idea of censoring the game in general.  I'd say the minority within the minority actually care about the bath scenes, and even fewer find them sexy or attractive, but the shitstorm is because NISA is altering content.

Or maybe I'm just trying to internally rationalize something I don't understand and am completely off.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 06:44:53 PM »

If they didn't alter it people would have a new excuse to call us pedophiles.

Alter away, NISA. Or better yet, don't alter it and just not bring that piece of shit out here.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »

I think NISA made the right choice in censorship here.

Is pretty cool paying for a game that has content manipulated and/or censored you know.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 06:55:19 PM »

Anyone who wants those bath scenes uncensored is a pedophile.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »

No, fuck it.  Unless NISA is planning on making all of their ages 18, I don't know HOW this shit will fly.  It won't.  I want to hate on anyone who is excited for this game, that bath stuff was stupid and gross, the girls don't look a day over 15.  And really?? Stats bonuses?  Are they so desperate for titillation?  I can't imagine anyone but a 40 year old closet-dweller living with their parents to like this.

The graphics for Lastista actual gameplay look like it couldn't have taken more than a day to do a character's animation.

Japan is losing it's ambition in gaming hardcore.

Anyone who wants those bath scenes uncensored is a pedophile.

I wouldn't know how else to look at it either.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »

I can't imagine anyone but a 40 year old closet-dweller living with their parents to like this.

I dare say it's most likely a 'cultural thing'. Proof of my point; this is an interview by the DownTown group of Morning Musume.

The group is pretty much 13-18 year old pop idol girls with one at 21. The contents of the interview are simply facebook-style photos the girls took of themselves and the hosts showing off the contents of their purses to the audience.

Now, look at the audience within the first minute of that clip.

Predominately male? Check.
Predominately over the age of 25? Most likely.
Stuff like these 'bath scene mechanics' starting to make more sense? I can smell Dice's frying brain cells from here. XD
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:28:54 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: