Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327435 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Ayesha
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Atelier Ayesha  (Read 16731 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2014, 11:11:15 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/zTQIeYi.gif

Re-posting for revelance.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2014, 04:09:54 AM »

I feel both guilty and proud my comment served as an inspiration for that glorious image.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2014, 04:48:01 PM »

Are we using this as the Escha and Logy thread?

Anyway, I finally started it and have a few first impressions.  Minor spoilers, particularly in regards to Ayesha's characters, but not really.

1. I love, love, love, love that Ayesha ended up going with Keith.  It really felt like the most satisfying conclusion to me.  It also pleases me that her absence is explained for the same reason; Keith was a wanted criminal for destroying the Center's Alchemy style due to its destructive nature.  Since Ayesha's main theme was truth, it would be a shame for Ayesha to turn her eyes away from what she was shown and stop her journey with Keith.  Anyway, I'm extremely happy about this decision and could probably go on for an entire post, but I won't.

2. I don't particularly like Escha, I do very much like Logy, though.  Given how tropes tend to be polarizing, I won't really bother elaborating.  I do, however, like Escha better than Meruru.

3.  I'm not sure how I feel about how Gust tried to merge old-style traditional Atelier with the newer, Totori/Meruru/Ayesha-style.  They did give you an extra month over the three month limits, but it still feels different.  It lacks both Arland's freedom and the rigidity and structure of the older games.

4. Nio's so beautiful now!  I just love the artist's use of color.

5. So far, it lacks Ayesha's really lonely, unsettling atmosphere.  It also has worse music overall.  However, there's still time for my opinion to change on these.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »

3.  I'm not sure how I feel about how Gust tried to merge old-style traditional Atelier with the newer, Totori/Meruru/Ayesha-style.  They did give you an extra month over the three month limits, but it still feels different.  It lacks both Arland's freedom and the rigidity and structure of the older games.

Pst, Totori/Meruru/Ayesha-style is old-style Atelier.  It was Iris that was a big departure for the series.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2014, 08:41:22 PM »

No, not what I mean.

The older style of more rigid time constraints. Totori/Meruru/Ayesha lightened up on those considerably to the point where they're almost non-existent.  Hence why I didn't mention Rorona, because Rorona is definitely the most "old-style" of the Arland series.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »

I'd probably fail at those games.  I'm definitely in favour, however, of multiple difficulties!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »

It'd really be better to make a new thread for Atelier Escha & Logy by the way.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »

Can we just have a topic for the three in the series?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2014, 09:50:41 PM »

Yeah, that might be a good idea.  kind of like the General Tales of thread.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2014, 09:53:52 PM »

I would also prefer a series topic (for everything, not just Atelier), like what the Tales one has turned into.  It keeps the board cleaner by not requiring a new topic whenever a new game is announced.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »

Well, each game is typically worthy of a thread in and of itself anyway, though every bit of news doesn't desperately need a thread, no. Either way there should be a new topic made for Escha & Logy, whether it's a general Atelier thread or one for that game specifically, rather than using an older thread mostly about Ayesha at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: