Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341180 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Ayesha
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Ayesha  (Read 26270 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2013, 09:38:13 PM »

Also excited for this game! Interesting is that I looked for info on this game this exact morning only to find out the only region with announced confirmed was Europe and gladly it will also come to North America.
The sad thing is that I'm still playing Meruru, as I've had my PS3 break, fix it, break again, then switch to a slim, so now I'll be able to go back to it but I don't think I'll be able to go for more than one playthrough.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »

I never got to meruru myself....actually I didn't get to totori either... I was late coming to arland with rorona last summer (burned myself out on the title to be completely honest...) and haven't gone back yet... I still have both LE's unopened on my shelf beckoning though....

I'm happy that Ayesha is the start of a new set of atelier titles, as I really want to jump into this when it arrives in NA but I've got more pressing titles to tend to before I return to arland I'm afraid... I know totori and meruru are waaay improved over rorona but damn.... rorona left a baaaaaad taste in my mouth I won't soon forget....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 09:51:17 PM »

I know totori and meruru are waaay improved over rorona but damn.... rorona left a baaaaaad taste in my mouth I won't soon forget....

Same here, man, same here.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 10:43:26 PM »

We all told Klyde to skip Rorona but he just wouldn't listen...

Heck, even Gust is skipping it with their Vita re-releases.  They did Totori, are working on Meruru, but haven't said a peep about re-releasing Rorona.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2013, 11:17:25 PM »

Yeah, he really has no one to blame but himself.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:03 AM »

Is there at least a good overview or something to best appreciate any references?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:37 AM »

Heck, even Gust is skipping it with their Vita re-releases.  They did Totori, are working on Meruru, but haven't said a peep about re-releasing Rorona.

That's actually kinda funny.

A a piss on Gust for making a loli-Rorona and getting too scared to age her.  RUINED.  Her game sucks, made worse by a child version. T_T

Anywways, for whatever the reason, I'm happy to fuck to get Ayesha (even thought he Arland series left a bad taste in my mouth)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:47 AM »

I can understand that. Rorona was my first atelier game and even though I liked it, you can tell there arw some rough edges. However the improvements from Rorona to Totori are huge.
Since you are still burned out of Rorona, I'd say drop it and whenever you find Totori or Meruru for a good price give them a chance.

As a whole, I think Meruru is the better game but as a character and motivations I go with Totori. her relationship with Mimi is too good to miss!

As for Ayeasha, anybody knows what the main plot is about? I heard a little about a missing sister but I'm not even sure anymore. What I really paid attention to was the new artwork which is lovely.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »

I liked Rorona, but I also liked the older titles, which were even stricter; somehow I've a feeling they wouldn't be too popular around here.

Ayesha's story is, on the surface, somewhat similar to Totori's. Ayesha lives alone after her guardian died and her sister "disappeared" while out. One day, while she's collecting ingredients, she thinks she sees her sister, thus, provoking her to go search for clues to her fate.

On a related note, if anyone's interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Atelier-Artworks-Arland-Gust/dp/1926778634/
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »

Yeah, he really has no one to blame but himself.

What can I say guys... when your right, your right...... however that advice wasn't requested by me or given by you until I had already sunk 15 hours into the game.... my compulsive/completionist nature got the better of me.... can't you forgive a guy for being a bit disordered???? LoL
I liked Rorona, but I also liked the older titles, which were even stricter; somehow I've a feeling they wouldn't be too popular around here.

Ayesha's story is, on the surface, somewhat similar to Totori's. Ayesha lives alone after her guardian died and her sister "disappeared" while out. One day, while she's collecting ingredients, she thinks she sees her sister, thus, provoking her to go search for clues to her fate.

On a related note, if anyone's interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Atelier-Artworks-Arland-Gust/dp/1926778634/

I adored the more "standard adventure" atelier series on the ps2.... I still need to finish that as well, but atelier iris (in spite a very lacking narrative) was a very enjoyable title in most respects by my standards.... In fact I am quite certain I will go back to, and polish off all the ps2 titles (including the mana khemias) before returning to arland.....

I can understand that. Rorona was my first atelier game and even though I liked it, you can tell there arw some rough edges. However the improvements from Rorona to Totori are huge.
Since you are still burned out of Rorona, I'd say drop it and whenever you find Totori or Meruru for a good price give them a chance.

As a whole, I think Meruru is the better game but as a character and motivations I go with Totori. her relationship with Mimi is too good to miss!

As for Ayeasha, anybody knows what the main plot is about? I heard a little about a missing sister but I'm not even sure anymore. What I really paid attention to was the new artwork which is lovely.

No trouble finding the titles... I am a limited edition addict (referencing my disordered nature once again), perpetually scared by missing out on some Nisa exclusives in the past.... as a result I managed to collect the limited edition of every NA release of an atelier title since Iris on the ps2....I have been tempted to crack open meruru for my barrel t-shirt but that is part of the fun when I decide to start the game-LoL

As for Ayesha's story and plot, from what I understand, reuniting with the missing sister is the long and the short of it.... Beyond that all I have read is that Ayesha herself is an herbalist who's grandfather died.... literally guys.... that is all the story details given on the wiki....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »

She's got a release date.

In Europe, anyway.  Still confused about what's going on in the US.  The Siliconera story says NISA is publishing, but I don't think that's ever been officially confirmed.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »

She's got a release date.

In Europe, anyway.  Still confused about what's going on in the US.  The Siliconera story says NISA is publishing, but I don't think that's ever been officially confirmed.

So, while there's not been anything official, here's my thoughts.

NIS America and Tecmo Koei have a pre-existing relationship at retail.  Many games that NIS America publishes, Tecmo Koei already distributes.  This is similar to the Deep Silver/Square Enix relationship for Dead Island/Risen.  I don't think Tecmo Koei's current business model fits Atelier Ayesha.  NIS will probably localize and publish, while Tecmo Koei will distribute.  Everyone wins.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »

I'd bet a good deal that in the US there was a prolonged publishing debate that may not be entirely cleared up.  NISA has been releasing the Atelier, and GUST titles in general, for about 8 years now (since 2005);  they've proven profitable and it would be unwise to let go of them.  Of course, they may not have the choice.  I've no doubt it will be released in North America, just maybe a bit later.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »

Maybe I'll ask Mongoosey to buy and ship me a copy haha
ARE YOU LISTENING STAR!???  I'LL SEND OVER MUNNY AND CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP AND A MOOSE FROM CANADA

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »

I'm wondering if it's worth buying the game on PS3 or waiting for the inevitable superior Vita version that will have all the DLC.
It sure seems to be the trend right now =/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: