Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341140 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Ayesha
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Ayesha  (Read 26241 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 02:42:47 PM »

Maybe I'll ask Mongoosey to buy and ship me a copy haha
ARE YOU LISTENING STAR!???  I'LL SEND OVER MUNNY AND CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP AND A MOOSE FROM CANADA

Noooo. It took me about 4 months to ship Yoda a PS1 game.

I AM LAZY AND UNRELIABLE.

I tell you what, since I'm getting it on launch day I will think about you when I play :3

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »

I'd bet a good deal that in the US there was a prolonged publishing debate that may not be entirely cleared up.  NISA has been releasing the Atelier, and GUST titles in general, for about 8 years now (since 2005);  they've proven profitable and it would be unwise to let go of them.  Of course, they may not have the choice.  I've no doubt it will be released in North America, just maybe a bit later.

Thing is, the game already has a page on Amazon.com that has a March date. I'm guessing they likely shifted the deal a bit: NISA still handles localization, but now Tecmo Koei publishes. Wonder what effect that'll have on future games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

If NISA is doing the localization I can't imagine that they're not involved in the European release in some way.  I mean, there are still people in Europe who speak English, and why would Tecmo want to localize it twice?  I could see Tecmo contracting out the localization but still publishing it themselves.  But I would still expect the US release to be around the same time, it just hasn't been announced yet.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »

This localization thing is already having some effects. The link Kevadu shared has been updated saying there will not be dual audio for the European release.
It doesn't say if it will have either English or Japanese. While I most of the times prefer the original language, when comes time to a second playthrough I favor to use the other audio, just for a change. Well, my hopes regardless of language choice now rest with the US version.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »

North American version March 5th.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »

That's earlier than I expected. It used to take about a year from the Japanese launch to get the titles released in the west, now it's about 8 months.  The Prinny Bomb didn't have any news of a special edition, so I hope there will be one, if for nothing else but an artbook and soundtrack.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »

This localization thing is already having some effects. The link Kevadu shared has been updated saying there will not be dual audio for the European release.
It doesn't say if it will have either English or Japanese. While I most of the times prefer the original language, when comes time to a second playthrough I favor to use the other audio, just for a change. Well, my hopes regardless of language choice now rest with the US version.

US press release didn't mention anything about language tracks.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »

North American version March 5th.

But what about John's story?

By the way, their Facebook claims dual audio. Siliconera doesn't, but I recall they botched news before and this DOES explicitly state "English text-only".
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2013, 09:10:20 PM »

Siliconera has another story up and they're still claiming no Japanese voices.  This is confusing...

Edit:  There's a massive shitstorm on the NISA forums after one of the NISA guys popped in and said it would be English dub only (and only a partial dub at that).  Meanwhile Tecmo is going "huh, what you talking about?" on Twitter...serious lack of communication here.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:59:44 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2013, 08:12:02 AM »

I went to the Facebook link and it says "Atelier Ayesha will have both English and Japanese voices and the text will be in English only."

I hope it's the final word on the case and we can all be happy. I know I'll be.

Edit: There's also this tweet saying the game will have both English and Japanese voices and the text will be in English only.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:36:21 AM by Farron » Logged

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »

Crud..... spread these things out!!!... thats within something like 20 days of Hyperdimension V!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »

Tecmo Koei still doesn't know what's going on, but at least they're trying.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »

Haha oh man.  What a mess.  For some reason I wanna see this show in the game when some NPC just says shit like "I am error" or "@&#YUHJDF&^@#".  Here's hoping it gets here in one piece.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »

Haha oh man.  What a mess.  For some reason I wanna see this show in the game when some NPC just says shit like "I am error" or "@&#YUHJDF&^@#".  Here's hoping it gets here in one piece.

If you wanna see stuff like that, just download Elminage Original.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2013, 02:46:45 PM »

If you wanna see stuff like that, just download Elminage Original.

So bad of a job it sucked out cj iwakura's enthusiasm!

Although I think the real mistake with "I am error" was that he was supposed to say "I am Errol", which would go down as one of the tamest slipups in localization if it weren't for the word it became.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: