Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334801 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Ayesha
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Atelier Ayesha  (Read 24587 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »

wasnt there a npc that said i am error in zelda 2 as well?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »

wasnt there a npc that said i am error in zelda 2 as well?

Uh, that was just referencing Zelda 2 in the first place. No one will actually put that in a game now unless they are explicitly making a Zelda 2 reference or joke.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2013, 06:03:28 AM »

English only

I don't really mind the english only myself. If it has as much dubbed as previous entries, I will be pretty happy.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »

Now that is's settled I'm sorry I didn't buy the Japanese version on Play-Asia while it had a big discount.
Given how these past Atelier games were more focused on character interaction than plot itself, I think my average Japanese may be able to handle it, specially with subs and only moving to the next dialog line when I press the button.

However, it still makes me sad, I've grown to like this franchise a lot this gen, and I'd like to support them in the west but for me this is a deal breaker.
In one hand we have the original audio, which so far have all been really good, and fully voiced and on the other the questionable dub which even if good (as this is personal opinion) is not even on half of the dialogue.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2013, 09:35:43 AM »

Given the game is like 60% cutesy girls, it doesn't matter what language the voices will be in.... I'm worried I'll still get a minor headache from high-pitched girls.  I'm making sure a quiet madame and that big hulking Canadian-esque looking hunter dude.... MMM.♥

I pre-ordered yesterday.  I don't know why I'm excited for this given my extremely neutral feelings for the Arland series... Hope they pack an artbook, Hidari is a nice artist.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »

So, how is the time system in this game? That was the major bummer for me in the rest of the games.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:06 AM »

It will probably have a time limit. I thought Meruru gave you enough time to get a lot done within that time, I didn't feel as pressed as say...Atelier Annie.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »

I pre-ordered yesterday.  I don't know why I'm excited for this given my extremely neutral feelings for the Arland series... Hope they pack an artbook, Hidari is a nice artist.

The art direction is the primary appeal of these games for me... most other aspects actually frustrate me (time limits, micro managing items and ingredients taking precedence over exploration and combat, et cetera.....)

As far as the audio goes, it is a slight bummer..... I do enjoy a lot of my games with original japanese audio, but its not a large enough issue for me to really lose sleep over.

As for the mechanics here vs. arland I'm gonna steal a reply from over at gamefaqs that pretty much summarizes what I've read thus far

This is like start of a new series, IMO there are both upgrades and downgrades

The good:
- new synth system is very easy to use
- more items can be stacked (saves lots of searching)
- the workshop is set up in 4 places across the map
- dungeons are also points on the map (you can skip floors)
- just about everything can be duplicated at wholesale.

The bad:
- lack of those 2D portraits when people are speaking (3D doesn't show emotion well)
- not enough playable/side characters for their interactions
- the new positioning (walking around the battlefield) doesn't have much use
- can't really take full advantage of the new synth system until lv45

The ugly:
- no central place for front quests, you have to find ppl on your own (some stands at like edge of a cliff)
- there is no central place to check what ppl are asking for either.
- weapon/armour skins have to be farmed from bosses

Don't worry about the 3 year part... in this game time is a lot more abundant.
The main quest finish at around end of 2nd year, beginning of 3rd on first play. That leaves me around a year goofing off and fight optional bosses and look for character events.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:08:44 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17:35 PM »

- not enough playable/side characters for their interactions

Sounds like DLC to me.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2013, 04:34:24 PM »

Don't worry about the 3 year part... in this game time is a lot more abundant.
The main quest finish at around end of 2nd year, beginning of 3rd on first play. That leaves me around a year goofing off and fight optional bosses and look for character events.[/i][/color]

Blarf. That's like the weakest point of these games. XP Not enough plot, too much padding. And in this case it sounds like too much 'dead space'.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »

Not an update post.
I think it's good I warn this because I like reviving topics and building hope.

If you are an avid video game paraphernalia collector... I *highly* recommend the Ayesha artbook.  I like the artwork for Atelier Ayesha much more than Kashida Mel's work for the Roro/Toto/Meru.  It's less soft and pretty, but a lot more fun and I think it suits the Atelier-world better.

Also a *big* round of applause to their graphic team, there are a bunch of (presumably) in-game advertisements that take common motifs and themes from early 20th century advertisements.  Worth it~

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2013, 03:32:55 PM »

Is this thing really coming out next week? Why is nobody speaking about it?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »

This is coming out next week?  I had totally forgotten...is Tecmo Koei advertising it at all?  They seem to be sending it off to die...

I'm still kind of miffed about the lack of the Japanese audio track and there's no limited edition, so no reason to get it at launch...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »

NISA doesn't really advertise either, outside of their Prinny Bombs, which are regularly sent out. 

I read recently from somewhere that it seems more like TemcoKoei spends most of their manpower and effort in the European market, where in North America they only have a few select employees - enough to make sure games release and are distributed properly. I'd compare it to NISA's presence in Europe. Not that I have any confirmation of this.

Honestly, I worry for GUST under TK, and not only because they mentioned social games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 04:34:13 PM »

NISA may not advertise in the sense of buying banner ads and whatnot, but they actually are pretty good at keeping people aware of and interested in their games.  They regularly send out new screenshots, trailers, etc. to all the major (and not so major) gaming sites so if you're a regular reader you're going to have a pretty good idea what NISA is up to.  They're open and talkative.

Tecmo Koei, on the other hand, is doing nothing...

Edit: Wow, it's actually worse than I thought.  I was just trying to find some more info on the game on google...did you know that they haven't even bothered to make a friggin website for the game?  Nothing.  Oh, and how about a trailer or something?  Not a single English trailer of any kind out there (you can still find the Japanese ones, of course).  I mean come on, this is ridiculous.  They really are putting zero effort into this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:55:47 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: