Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:12:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327753 Posts in 13419 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The superpowers thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The superpowers thread.  (Read 3159 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »

Time travel....does that count?

Everything's Eventual
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 12:02:13 AM »

Super speed gives you super mteabolism so you get that IN ADDITION to being able to create a sonic boom just by running.

And vibrating into intangibility.
And infinite mass punches.
And time travel.
And outrunning the very concept of death.

...the flash is broken.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 12:06:03 AM »

There is a reason I prefer super speed over all other superpowers.

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 12:09:05 AM »

Anyone ever wish to have the super power of save games in real life? :p
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 02:03:21 AM »

Anyone ever wish to have the super power of save states in real life? :p
Yeeeeaaaahhhh!

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 02:24:56 AM »

I'd go for Scarlet Witch's powers, meaning I can rewrite reality into anything I wish, so it's basically the "wish for a million wishes" power.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 02:34:27 AM »

I'd go for Scarlet Witch's powers, meaning I can rewrite reality into anything I wish, so it's basically the "wish for a million wishes" power.
Fucking house of m bullshit.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »

Invisibility for sure.  So much stealing and spying....XD

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »

Ah, but shapeshifting.... could you do it to such a degree that you shapeshift your arteries healthy and your fat away? Or if there is conservation of mass, shapeshift 20 pounds of flab off your thighs and into your hair, then go for a haircut :D

Hopefully the former since then I could do something drastic like shapeshift into a kid to abuse those all kids enter for free deals, or into an elderly person to abuse social security or senior's discounts, or into a bird if I want to fly over traffic, or even into a gorilla if I just want to go apeshit and ruin somebody's day.

The most amusing thing about shapeshifting powers is that of all the powers out there, it's one of the most underrated in comics. The best use I've ever seen shapeshifting powers used for was in Disney's Sword in the Stone where Merlin changes into a disease to beat a dragon and win a wizard's duel. Now imagine shapeshifting into something like AIDS. Not only can you renew yourself indefinitely, but having the means to immediately and completely fuck somebody over with nothing to stop you save for your own moral compass and rarely some kind of super immunity to illness? Yeah, shapeshifting is horribly underrated.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »

Transforming into AIDS? Wouldn't that be a kind of a slow, lingering death. You would be in there for quite a while. I hope you like the taste of white blood cells. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »

But as a supervillain, it's far more evil to subjugate a person to a lifetime of torture and ruined existence than to outright kill them.  Plus, once cancer cells and all start multiplying, the disease villain can just sneeze himself out and infect his next victim.  Or if you're a parasitic worm, just lay a hundred eggs, poop yourself out of your host, and go infect someone else.   

Yeah, being able to transmutate into a disease or a parasite is one frightening superpower.  Any superhero would have a rough time against a villain who can do that. 

Despite all the cool powers people have spoken of, I still stick with wanting the power to be in several different places at once.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »

I wish I could haunt people's minds.  Fuck with the asshole talking the entire move by frightening him mentally to shut the hell up, and maybe making himself pee his pants a little.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

Absolute cryo-kinesis.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »

Transforming into AIDS? Wouldn't that be a kind of a slow, lingering death. You would be in there for quite a while. I hope you like the taste of white blood cells. :P

Based upon the example I cited I would assume that once you infect a person your work there is done. Hell, in the scene right after the duel you see Merlin standing over his bedridden opponent's bed punching holes in her roof and telling her that it's the only way she'll beat the flu he gave her.

Of course, if you want hang out in a body you could opt to seize control of it. Like one of those Ghould parasites from Stargate.

Amusingly enough though, this very train of thought is the exact reason why Batman should never be allowed to wield a Green Lantern ring. The Caped Crusader of contingency plans and out of the box thinking getting his hands on something that makes semi-real objects based upon the imagination would very much pwn everybody's shit if he felt like it. (How many Green Lantern Corps members had the idea to conjure a Phantom Zone projector out of their rings and just banish whatever it is that's being naughty and villainous in their sights?)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 11:35:01 PM »

The power to give people pimples.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: