Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318914 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Questions about Persona 4 along with compare/contrast (Keep spoiler free please)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Questions about Persona 4 along with compare/contrast (Keep spoiler free please)  (Read 685 times)
Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2012, 09:53:15 PM »

Keep this spoiler free please

also a warning. I have a P3 spoiler in last paragraph

I posted a topic like this on Gfaqs, Their responses were all top notch and very helpful. I just wanted the users take on here. Maybe some of you already posted in that topic as well :P

I wanted to know about the pace of the story in terms of flow wrt Persona 4. With 3, I really enjoyed the plot and all the aspects and its uniqueness. But I felt that the simming really dried up the story along with the full moon once a month. Felt there was not enough story interaction between the full moons unless we went on trips and other activities.

I am going to get P4 this summer regardless but wanted to know if they did a better job with tying the story in with the flow of the game.  I was really intrigued with the story since its about a murder mystery(P2 had an awesome story but really shitty gameplay) however I read that its not its strong suit and the murder investigation takes a back seat for most of the game.

Thanks for the responses.  I need to make sure I stay away from other P4 discussion as I would hate to know who the culprit is. I already read some saying it could be kenji and since (spoilers**************************one of the bad guys in P3 was the head of chair guy*****************end spoilers My mind is going to be spinning.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:55:18 PM by Jetto » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 10:36:33 PM »

Not to sound impolite but we do have a Shin Megami Tensei thread over here.

But since it's already here, to your question. I personally think P4 has this same issue you pointed but if memory serves me right I think there are more character interaction, even if not story based, oh and there are a lot more events too, so even if there are moments the story goes at a slow pace, there are more stuff to keep you busy.

Another thing, I think the characters in P4 more more lively and fun so that makes each moment with then more enjoyable.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: