Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 02:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  EA won worst company in the USA of 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: EA won worst company in the USA of 2012  (Read 4185 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:48 PM »

They won against comcast, paypal, walmart...

EA VS Bank of America

For the second year in a row, Bank of America has slaughtered its way through the WCIA brackets, only to end up in the Final Death Match against a rookie with such street cred it only needs to go by two letters: EA.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/worst-company-in-america-2012-final-death-match-bank-of-america-vs-ea.html

Voting ends at midnight.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:43:50 PM by Annubis » Logged
Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »

Their devotion to fucking people over is laudable, I must say.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »

So let me get this straight.

In a voting that includes companies that illegally foreclose on people's homes, throttle internet usage with a data cap, provide seriously shitty wireless service, violate the privacy of people daily, and/or put locks on people's accounts to prevent them from using their money, EA of all companies is fucking winning? Because of DLC or the Mass Effect 3 ending or whatever the fuck these sad little kids care about these days?

I am weeping at the abject retardation shown by the current generation. No words can properly describe my disgust.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:11:10 PM »

I have to admit, "shitty wireless service" and "locking you out of your games for a forum ban related to an idiot insulting YOU" can be close, if not games winning. Too bad AT&T has more wrong with it than shitty wireless service.

Yeah, people are being dumb. Their might be a few good reasons to argue for EA (relative to their industry, maybe the fact BofA DID win last year), but if you try to honestly argue that EA's worse than BofA you're an idiot.
Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 09:40:35 PM »

Well if we're being completely staid in our judgement then Bank Of America would hardly rank as the worst either.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »

I hardly see why it should be too irritating over who is in the rankings. Contests like these are in the same bin as High School elections and Reality TV show votes; the entrants are all judged on superficial, irrelevant factors that all tie into popularity rather than any standard of quality or morality. Just like the title Prom Queen 20xx; it'll amount to jack and squat once the dance is over.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »

Looks like Activision is missing from the bracket.
HMMMM.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »

Well if we're being completely staid in our judgement then Bank Of America would hardly rank as the worst either.

Of those there it's very hard to beat, and at the least there would've been better choices than EA. EA's smalltime compared a lot of these companies, and will stay smalltime unless they REALLY branch out their business.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 10:21:49 AM »

Pissing contests like this are silly because the voter base is already skewed as it is.  Basically, it's people with internet access and way too much free time on their hands voting.  The working class masses who could easily tell you the worst company (and be right) probably won't be voting because they're too busy working three jobs to try and put food on the table and don't have time for this petty "first world problems" nonsense. 

Then again, most any political election (especially on the local level) is skewed anyway because who are the majority of people who get out and vote?  The elderly.  They have the time and, heck, they probably live in the neighborhood polling center anyway.  The youth are probably too drunk partying to think about voting, working adults are too stressed with work and family stuff that the polls slip their minds... so of course the vote will never represent the masses because it's the vocal minority who vote. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:40 PM »

Sure the data is skewed and this isn't a clear case of being the actual possible worst company...
Although I think we can agree that if you win something like this, your business practice are pretty terrible. Perhaps not the worst... but very far from the best.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »

Sure the data is skewed and this isn't a clear case of being the actual possible worst company...
Although I think we can agree that if you win something like this, your business practice are pretty terrible. Perhaps not the worst... but very far from the best.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

That's a pretty boss picture though.

Disappointed that BoA didn't win.  Or Paypal.  Both suck.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »

Something that's really annoying though is they seem to only highlight the problems EA shares with other publishers. Maybe they're worse in ways than some of the others, but I think they should be zeroing in more on stuff like forum bans blocking people from their games and STILL NOT FIXING IT or at least stuff like iOS in-app purchases that end up driving the cost of the game way higher than it really should be in order to be enjoyable. I don't thinking keeping retail games expensive or whatever is as big a priority, it actually seems like if anything that they have to be MORE EXPENSIVE as an unfortunate necessity of remaining viable.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »

Just goes to show you what internet voting + nerd rage sums up to. From what I read here EA, is hardly comparable to the bank, but in the videogame industry, they take the title with almost no competition.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »

I dunno, as bad as EA is to consumers, I hate Activision far worse for their treatment of their employees.

I can choose not to buy shit. It is my freedom to not purchase stuff from EA. Their employees have no such luxury. It's why I, and many others, boycotted EA years ago and why their change convinced me to start buying their games again. Activision is the new EA, but gamers are so self-centered they don't give a shit. You'd find worse conditions only in Chinese/Indian sweatshops.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »

One of the worst game companies (because I have trouble choosing between them and Activision for that prestigious title, but lately it's been EA)? Oh sure. But worse than Bank of America and so many others in that bracket? You gotta be shitting me.

All I personally know of EA (they have 2-3 studios in Vancouver) isn't all that positive - long hours and many, many layoffs - but those seem to be the norm these days for ANY game company.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: