Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 12:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331669 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  EA won worst company in the USA of 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: EA won worst company in the USA of 2012  (Read 3862 times)
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2013, 09:57:03 PM »

Well, just the fact that they believe Mass Effect 3 ending and making Sim City online > foreclosing on people who don't deserve it and ruining the environment in terms of evilness makes a compelling argument for my postulate.

I'm forced to agree that when the name of the contest is "Worst Company" I have a hard time figuring that any gaming company, no matter how anti-consumer their practices, should even be nominated.

But, yeah, silly contest meant to drive hits.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »

Well, just the fact that they believe Mass Effect 3 ending and making Sim City online > foreclosing on people who don't deserve it and ruining the environment in terms of evilness makes a compelling argument for my postulate.
Isn't EA just the publisher for ME3, anyway? People really are stupid.

Actually, Bioware is wholly-owned by EA now, aren't they?

In any case, bitches about the ME3 ending are some of the lamest complaints I've ever heard...

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2013, 11:48:05 PM »

In any case, bitches about the ME3 ending are some of the lamest complaints I've ever heard...
Agreed, the game was solid, it's ending may have sucked, and it may have been a huge shitfest of bull, but 3% of fuckups doesn't take away from 97% of awesomeness.

I'm rarely displeased with EA's games, and I still think Activision as a whole should be on the worst company list.

TASTY!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 10:54:35 AM »

Worst company? No.

Worst consumer service? Yes.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »

"...and topping the list of the worst job in the country again is assistant crack-whore"
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »

Agreed, the game was solid, it's ending may have sucked, and it may have been a huge shitfest of bull, but 3% of fuckups doesn't take away from 97% of awesomeness.

I'm rarely displeased with EA's games, and I still think Activision as a whole should be on the worst company list.

I actually found ME3 disappointing period, the ending was just the cherry on top. Disappointing doesn't mean it's not GOOD though, but I did like ME1 and 2 more, sidequests came off as too pared down (it's especially bad with the quest log, how the fuck was that acceptable after so many years of doing a decent job with them?) and it felt like they frequently had to write around choices that weren't convenient to their story. Still, it's damn near the bottom of the list of problems with EA, stuff like the Real Racing 3 microtransactions are way higher.

... And, yeah, if this were just worst entertainment company I'd probably gladly vote EA in at the top, Activision's kinda shitty but they'd been good to consumers for the most part, but against some of these companies? EA's nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: