John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 09:55:13 PM »
I still use XP for everything.

So do I, at least for now. =P

7 really is worth it, especially considering DX11.  I actually don't like swapping from my home computer (Win7) to my work computer (WinXP).
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »
Oh, I'll probably upgrade to Windows 7. I've used it a couple times at a friend's house. It seems pretty neat. Better than Vista at least (my laptop that I gave to my mom, who then gave to my bro, who then threw it in a closet...used Vista). It just depends on what the computer shop down the street has, though they usually have some good variety.

As for Building a PC, I have to upgrade everything, my comp's so out of date, and then I don't really see the point, I may as well just get a totally new machine.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 10:34:07 PM »
Better than Vista at least (my laptop that I gave to my mom, who then gave to my bro, who then threw it in a closet...used Vista)

Incidentally, if you wanted to test the Consumer Preview of Windows 8 this would make for a fantastic test subject. Doubly so if it was running like shit.