Author Topic: Firefix Browser Security?  (Read 7650 times)

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Firefix Browser Security?
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:16 AM »
Can anyone recommend some add-ons to protect against trackers, scripts, malware etc.? I've been trying out NoScript, but am fed up with having to either unblock stuff all the time or just have pages not work because I'm concerned about a single script. I'm happy to be slightly less protected for slightly less frustration. :P

What do you lot use?

Akanbe-

• Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
Re: Firefix Browser Security?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »
While noscript is king, I just use ad-block and Ghostery.  Works pretty well.  Definitely recommend both.  Ghostery works well against trackers. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
Can anyone recommend some add-ons to protect against trackers, scripts, malware etc.? I've been trying out NoScript, but am fed up with having to either unblock stuff all the time or just have pages not work because I'm concerned about a single script. I'm happy to be slightly less protected for slightly less frustration. :P

What do you lot use?
Noscript is the best, you're better off dealing with minor frustration of blocked scripts that you didn't want blocked. I hate to sound like a dick here but your complaint is minor regarding why you don't like noscript. You can set what's blocked and what isn't on your first visit to the site and unblock the scripts you want in use any time, or block anythin your fear in the future. Honestly, buck up and deal with it.

TASTY!

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah, I've actually stuck with noscript anyway. Like you say, my complaint was minor. Once I got used to it, it wasn't so bad.