Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340915 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  HELP GUYS!!... I don't know what happenned to my computer....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: HELP GUYS!!... I don't know what happenned to my computer....  (Read 3849 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »

Ok..... I've manage to determine that it is the replay of video files for some reason the is causing the crashing.... or at least playing video files causes crashing 100 % of the time... I have managed to (after numerous scans and software passes to clean crud up) get it to a point where everything else runs like a charm.... HOWEVER..... a problem yet remains aside from the fact that video files don't work.....

... and this one has really got me on the ropes.... many hours of research and I still don't know for the life of me what it means... when I go to disk defrag it has 4 read-outs,

OS (C:) 0%
Hp Recovery (D:) 0%
Free-Agent Go Flex (my external drive)(O:) 0%
SYSTEM (77% fragmented)

Now.... WHAT IS SYSTEM AND WHY CAN'T I DEFRAG IT!!! I hit defrag..... I don't get any error messages.... I've tried running third party "powerful" defrag tools.... et cetera...... Still at 77 percent....  Should this concern me? Does this have anything to do with my malfunctions....???

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »

Defragging won't fix any of your problems. Though, I checked mine, and my System is 0%. So I don't know why yours isn't defragging. It sounds to me like you still have malware on your system though that's causing the video-related crashing.

Also...

Your computer is crashing from ellipses overdose

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »

Ok..... I've manage to determine that it is the replay of video files for some reason the is causing the crashing.... or at least playing video files causes crashing 100 % of the time... I have managed to (after numerous scans and software passes to clean crud up) get it to a point where everything else runs like a charm.... HOWEVER..... a problem yet remains aside from the fact that video files don't work.....

... and this one has really got me on the ropes.... many hours of research and I still don't know for the life of me what it means... when I go to disk defrag it has 4 read-outs,

OS (C:) 0%
Hp Recovery (D:) 0%
Free-Agent Go Flex (my external drive)(O:) 0%
SYSTEM (77% fragmented)

Now.... WHAT IS SYSTEM AND WHY CAN'T I DEFRAG IT!!! I hit defrag..... I don't get any error messages.... I've tried running third party "powerful" defrag tools.... et cetera...... Still at 77 percent....  Should this concern me? Does this have anything to do with my malfunctions....???

As for your crashing, have you tried other video players like VLC 2.0+?

No clue about your system 77% problem.  Shows 0% on mine.  Maybe you have a big-ass cache file that needs cleared?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »

Well, for the time being I am just backing up all my stuff in formats to work on my PS3..... easiest way to watch my anime....

As for trying another video player.... I am too afraid of another crash to try until I back things up.... last time it took me hours to even get back to a stable point where I could just sign into windows....

Checked all my cache files, ran CCcleaner, Reg-cure, malwarebytes, smart-defrag and a few other programs.... still no fix on the fragments SYSTEM.....

..... I am about ready to throw my arms up in the air with this one, get it backed up, and take it to someone.....

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »

Klyde, I haven't got anything new for you, I just suggest that you individually save files you want o an external hdd and then complete format. If it gets to the stage that you cant do that, get a ubuntu boot cd and go from there, I think everyones out of suggestions and sorry to hear of your problems. This is modern day pc living, fun isn't it?
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »

Klyde, I haven't got anything new for you, I just suggest that you individually save files you want o an external hdd and then complete format. If it gets to the stage that you cant do that, get a ubuntu boot cd and go from there, I think everyones out of suggestions and sorry to hear of your problems. This is modern day pc living, fun isn't it?

Well I do thank you, and everyone else for your hlep and suggestions..... I'll be sure to report back, once everything is backed up and I got to the meat and potato's of the problem, to let you know how it turns out....

As far as the back-up goes, I'm converting every video file I have to mp4 so I can watch em all on the ps3 in case nothing can be salvaged-LoL!! Talk about an endeavor and a half..... Anyone have any idea how long it takes to convert over a 1TB of video to MP4.... well let me tell you.... A LONG FREAKIN' TIME!!!!

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: