Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Project X Zone - The Namco X Capcom sequel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Project X Zone - The Namco X Capcom sequel  (Read 12979 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »

Holy....Skeith is in this game. I know nothing else about the game, but I must buy it now! Although I am sad that his staff is a cross rather than the Staff of Q.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2012, 03:50:55 AM »

New trailer and a big list of series.

I'm not just plugging my site, it's relevant!

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2012, 06:16:37 AM »

right now i'm raging at the inclusion of shing force EXA. also giving nintendo the middle finger. i want to buy and play this but i dont want to need 2 different reigons 3DS.

something i noticed in that trailer....haken and kaguya fighting together with sanger. and also reiji and xiaomu...
FU YOU NINTENDO AND YOUR REIGON LOCK!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:52:07 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2012, 08:43:31 AM »

Who is there from Cyberbot? Siliconera is down right now...

EDIT: Nevermind, it took me long enough but I found out it was just Devilotte. Not that I'm complaining, I love Devilotte, but she's been the only character from Cyberbots to get any recognition whatsoever.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:51:09 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/18/project-x-zone-welcomes-iris-from-mega-man-x-aura-from-hack/

This new update will make people wonder what we're fighting foooooooooooor.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »

Siliconera's back up, so I checked the links, and now I'm excited to see that Jedah and Juri are in it! And Batsu from Rival Schools, too.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/18/project-x-zone-welcomes-iris-from-mega-man-x-aura-from-hack/

This new update will make people wonder what we're fighting foooooooooooor.

Not surprised since both the stage seen and music heard so far both come from X4 (along with the first appearance of X's Ultimate Armor and a playable Zero that doesn't suck).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »

Why don't they just make it into a side scrolling beat em up? The tactical system looks clunky and tacked on.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:57 PM »

Why don't they just make it into a side scrolling beat em up? The tactical system looks clunky and tacked on.

Because you'd need to compensate for a veritable mountain of characters' move sets, physics (jumping, running, flying, ect), abilities (probably not like Super Mario Crossover where everybody had about two power-up stages anyways), level design (and subsequently availability), and balance.

It's like asking why don't they just make SRW games into side scrolling beat em ups. It's just easier to condense the lion's share of character attributes down into a stat sheet that everybody uses and focus their efforts on making characters' move sets look, feel, and act like they would in their source material.

Why they don't just make it into a normal RPG can be answered by asking "What is the largest party size you've ever seen in a non MMORPG or SRPG?". In this case, it's not an ideal solution but it is a viable one.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2012, 09:23:43 PM »

Umm there is no non-tactical combat layer in SRW.. the animations are for show only. Think you kinda missed the point there.

A better comparison would be SMT: Devil Survivor, which also has two layers of combat. It seems like Devil Survivor keeps the tactical layer far more relevant and strategic rather than serving as a relatively bland setpiece for units to get into cross brawls or whatever you want to call them. Just my impressions after watching gameplay footage, reading impressions on gfaqs, magazine leaks, and what not.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:25:57 PM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »

does anyone know if you make squads? or is it more like covenant of the plume.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »

You arrange and deploy everyone in pairs with a designated third person on support. You can also bring in a second group on top of your support but you must have said group within close proximity to the attacker.

Basically it's like how they did it in Endless Frontier where you have your attacker using moves while burning turn points, then after your first attack you call in a support attacker to add damage/build combo/fill finisher meter at a cost to their turn points, then you use your second attack for more turn points, then you call in another support attacker to do the same, and so on until you run out of either turn points or support attacks at which point you then call in the next attacker to further build the combo/damage/finisher meter, and after you feel like you've ratcheted the numbers high enough you bring down the finisher.

And you hope to god that during none of the above proceedings does the enemy pull out a forced evasion to bullshit their way out of that delicious combo you just dumped a mountain of resources on (or they do it early so that you only get cockblocked for a turn or two instead of the rest of the fight).

Umm there is no non-tactical combat layer in SRW.. the animations are for show only. Think you kinda missed the point there.

A better comparison would be SMT: Devil Survivor, which also has two layers of combat. It seems like Devil Survivor keeps the tactical layer far more relevant and strategic rather than serving as a relatively bland setpiece for units to get into cross brawls or whatever you want to call them. Just my impressions after watching gameplay footage, reading impressions on gfaqs, magazine leaks, and what not.

Still doesn't change my point that there really isn't another genre that lets players field more than like four or six people at once beyond SRPGs. And unfortunately, I've heard similar impressions about the lackluster tactics. This game will most likely be Namco X Capcom all over again, up to, and including, all its flaws (i.e. late game becoming unplayable due to fights taking forever since you have to chew through wave after wave of mooks like an SRW game).

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »

Who is there from Cyberbot? Siliconera is down right now...

EDIT: Nevermind, it took me long enough but I found out it was just Devilotte. Not that I'm complaining, I love Devilotte, but she's been the only character from Cyberbots to get any recognition whatsoever.

Well Jin had enough recognition to make it into Marvel vs Capcom 1. But I mean, this game does have the franchises of 3 separate companies that each have a huge stable of good characters. There's a lot of characters fighting over limited slots and some just won't make it in. Hopefully this does well enough to warrant a sequel with more characters. Namco does have some weird decisions with characters on their part though as they include guys like the Bruce Willis look-alike yet no soul calibur characters. But yeah in terms of recent news, http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/05/project-x-zone-slated-for-june-release-in-u-s/ . I AM EXCITE.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 03:19:27 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/rights-for-every-character-in-project-x-zone-had-to-be-re-negotiated/

Yeah. Still can't believe that we're getting this. More bothersome though is the fact that between all the SMT games, Xillia actually tempting me to pick up a Tales game since Phantasia, FE:Awakening's DLC needing even more of my money, anything else coming down the line, and this is unfortunately tempting me to give this a pass.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »

This game literally JUST showed up on my radar, and I can't believe I hadn't heard about it before. I was just browsing the Nintendo eStore, and had a moment of 'wait! What is BlackRose doing on my 3DS!?'

I'm not even a fan of fighting games, but I occasionally pick one up if the characters interest me, and well... Yeah. I think as far as cross-overs go, this one's going to be hard to top.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: